Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 09-10-2012, 08:29 AM   #1
coolkid
coolkid began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Exclamation How to get MAC address from a kindle keyboard with borken screen

I had a kindle keyboard. I wanted to deregister it to register with another account. Unfortunately, after deregistering it, the screen was broken by an accidence. I cannot use the web kindle registration on Amazon website anymore because it was disable by Amazon. I contacted CS and they said they need the serial number and the MAC address of the device which I can get in setting sections or on the box to register for me for a replacement. However I doesn't keep the box anymore therefore I can only give them the serial number. Please could anyone help me find MAC address of the device? Thanks a lot
coolkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 10:51 AM   #2
Jack's Liver
Funk Master General
Jack's Liver is a jewel in the roughJack's Liver is a jewel in the roughJack's Liver is a jewel in the roughJack's Liver is a jewel in the roughJack's Liver is a jewel in the roughJack's Liver is a jewel in the roughJack's Liver is a jewel in the roughJack's Liver is a jewel in the roughJack's Liver is a jewel in the roughJack's Liver is a jewel in the roughJack's Liver is a jewel in the rough

Device: Kindle 3 / CRUZ T103 BRICKED / Sony PRS-300 Gifted to a :) kid / N7
If you had it connected to your wifi you can login to the router and find some kind of " device list " that tells all devices connected. That should tell you device name /IP address /mac address /misc . . . hope that helps

Last edited by Jack's Liver; 09-10-2012 at 10:57 AM.
Jack's Liver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 02:11 PM   #3
PoP
 curly᷂͓̫̙᷊̥̮̾ͯͤͭͬͦͨ ʎʌɹnɔ
PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3₃.₄.₃ PW3&4₅.₁₃.₃
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolkid View Post
I had a kindle keyboard. I wanted to deregister it to register with another account. Unfortunately, after deregistering it, the screen was broken by an accidence. I cannot use the web kindle registration on Amazon website anymore because it was disable by Amazon. I contacted CS and they said they need the serial number and the MAC address of the device which I can get in setting sections or on the box to register for me for a replacement. However I doesn't keep the box anymore therefore I can only give them the serial number. Please could anyone help me find MAC address of the device? Thanks a lot
Perhaps can you copy my receipe in post#4 of this thread and try to blindly type

home / menu / 9 cursor down (to get to the bottom of the list) / 1 cursor up (to go to settings) / select / Shift-Alt-G to capture that screen which displays the MAC address, then connect USB and retrieve the captured gif file from the documents directory.
PoP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 02:19 AM   #4
coolkid
coolkid began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Thanks a lot. I did it
coolkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 01:07 AM   #5
fratermus
e-bookworm
fratermus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fratermus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fratermus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fratermus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fratermus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fratermus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fratermus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fratermus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fratermus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fratermus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fratermus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW2, K3, KF2, Touch (dying)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoP View Post
... home / menu / 9 cursor down (to get to the bottom of the list) / 1 cursor up (to go to settings) / select / Shift-Alt-G to capture that screen which displays the MAC address, then connect USB and retrieve the captured gif file from the documents directory.
Might be a smart move for the rest of us to do this in advance, or back up the info in some other way. Thanks for the tip.
fratermus is offline   Reply With Quote