Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 01-20-2013, 05:26 PM   #23161
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRussel View Post
Yup. I have my health, a great place to live, and good food. A job would be nice, but I may just bite the bullet and retire to genteel poverty.
Good Luck!

I'm trying to decide on which coffee to make. I received a gift of flavored coffees (Cinnamon Roll, Pecan Pie, Pumpkin Pie, Sugar Cookie, Egg Nog, Caramel, Hazelnut, English Toffee, and Holiday Blend) and I haven't ever tried many of them.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 06:17 PM   #23162
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
Hubby made homemade cinnamon rolls today. I have had three. Working on pu-erh right now
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-20-2013, 07:53 PM   #23163
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Here they come again, mmmm-mm-mm
Catch us if you can, mmmm-mm-mm
Time to get a move on, mmmm-mm-mm
We will yell with all of our might

Catch us if you can
Catch us if you can
Catch us if you can
Catch us if you can

Now we gotta run, mmmm-mm-mm
No more time for fun, mmmm-mm-mm
When we're gettin' angry, mmmm-mm-mm
We will yell with all of our might

Catch us if you can

( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SRQCN5x1-NI )

Good morning, everyone! Monday mornings... start of a brand new week... almost like Spring time but with snow... Does that make sense to you. It does to me, which may or may not be frightening... But I have a fresh, new cup of Ahmad's "English Breakfast" tea steaming beside me. It will be a Chinese morning... a few different Dim Sum (Yum Cha in Japanese) along with some rice porridge with shrimp. I love variety in my foods! Then we're off for a walk in the woods. Weekends are too crowded, with hiking clubs filling the trails. Hiking clubs here might have 30-50 people in the group, with a leader shouting through a megaphone, and talking to his 'tail end Charlie' with a radio to keep everyone together. In the US, it's considered 'impolite' to bring a group of more than 6 people together on one trail. No so here. So we prefer to do our woods walking during the week. Much more peaceful!

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 01:14 AM   #23164
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post
So, do you marinate the good friends before you serve them?

Stitchawl

Absolutely. Marinate them long enough, and it doesn't matter WHAT you serve them!

Meanwhile, a day of curling, good tea, and a dog on my lap all day.
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 02:40 AM   #23165
Iridal
Mysteriarch
Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 4, Kindle 3
Having a cup of mint tea with breakfast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreams View Post

Yay! Photos please.
Sorry, I spend so much time doing my hair and make-up (about 2 hours ) that I had no time left to make a picture. But there were plenty of people with camera's there, I'll post one when one turns up. Or I'll make one when I have some time.

Reception was great, we got home at 6AM Slept for a couple of hours and spend our sunday lying on the couch because we were so tired

Quote:
Good morning, everyone!
Good morning Stitchawl! Have a great day!

I have to work today (monday is normally my day off), because we have an appointment with our architect this thursday. We're going to sign the contract, and then we should have a first plan of our future house within a month! I can't wait
Iridal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-21-2013, 02:47 AM   #23166
maianhvk
whimsical
maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: current: PPW 4. brick: K3 & Voyage.
Just water with sesame crackers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iridal View Post
I have to work today (monday is normally my day off), because we have an appointment with our architect this thursday. We're going to sign the contract, and then we should have a first plan of our future house within a month! I can't wait
That's great, Iri! Would you care to describe your plans with the house?

We'll move to my parents' new condo in a week. Can't wait! I'm really tired of living in rent places...
maianhvk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 03:16 AM   #23167
Iridal
Mysteriarch
Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maianhvk View Post
Just water with sesame crackers.

That's great, Iri! Would you care to describe your plans with the house?

We'll move to my parents' new condo in a week. Can't wait! I'm really tired of living in rent places...
I can even do better than describe it! We have made a couple of plans ourselves (boyfriend is interior designer so has very clear ideas and the tools to make nice plans ). For the ground floor we really want open plan. As little walls and doors as possible. Here we have kitchen, dining area, sitting area and a storage room. We want a 'closet-wall' as you can see on our plan. We can get those for very little money at my boyfriend's work. Stairway in the living area because we think that's the most logical (when you wake up, the first thing you need is the kitchen, not the hallway!).

We can also build a full first floor (so it's not 'under the roof', we'll have an attic under the roof). Here we want 3 bedrooms, a bathroom and a shower room (preferably 'en-suite' with the master bedroom). No dressing, we don't need that. We'll make a folding staircase to the attic in our room. In the future we'll probably turn the attic into the master bedroom and build a full staircase.

Oh yeah, the left part of the piece of land on the picture is ours

My mint tea has disappeared while I was typing this, time for another one!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Our house 1.jpg
Views:	133
Size:	111.9 KB
ID:	99806   Click image for larger version

Name:	Our house 2.jpg
Views:	139
Size:	105.1 KB
ID:	99807   Click image for larger version

Name:	Grond.jpg
Views:	117
Size:	33.8 KB
ID:	99808  
Old 01-21-2013, 04:32 AM   #23168
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Good morning Stitchawl! Have a great day!
Thanks! That's the plan! So far... so good!

Quote:
We're going to sign the contract, and then we should have a first plan of our future house within a month! I can't wait
Quote:
I can even do better than describe it! We have made a couple of plans ourselves (boyfriend is interior designer so has very clear ideas and the tools to make nice plans ).
Looks beautiful!! Are you going to build it yourself, or hire builders? We had a ball building our house back in the US. Once we had the outer walls and roof up, and everything was tight to the weather, we moved in and began building the inside rooms, do the wiring and plumbing, etc., etc.! It was fun seeing the house 'grow,' and we could make small design changes to suit our whims! What ever you chose, I'm sure you're going to love it!

Time for a late afternoon cup of Keemun!

Stitchawl
Old 01-21-2013, 04:59 AM   #23169
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
Looks great Iridal, and very exciting. I've always wanted to self-build but never have, though my Dad did build one for the family in South Africa. In the shape of an "H", which is the first letter of our surname. Egotist? My Dad? Never!

Black coffee in my cup.

Last edited by orlok; 01-21-2013 at 05:06 AM.
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 05:54 AM   #23170
Iridal
Mysteriarch

Quote:
Looks beautiful!! Are you going to build it yourself, or hire builders? We had a ball building our house back in the US. Once we had the outer walls and roof up, and everything was tight to the weather, we moved in and began building the inside rooms, do the wiring and plumbing, etc., etc.! It was fun seeing the house 'grow,' and we could make small design changes to suit our whims! What ever you chose, I'm sure you're going to love it!

Time for a late afternoon cup of Keemun!

Stitchawl
Thanks We're going to do the same! Hire builders to make the house wind- and waterproof, help them as much as we can. And then we'll do most of the interior work ourselves. We have to, otherwise we won't have enough money to build a house Luckily my dad is an experienced builder, he's build two houses by himself in the past. He's going to help us as much as he can

I'm enjoying a bowl of homemade pea soup
Old 01-21-2013, 08:58 AM   #23171
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Looks great. Let me suggest some railings on the staircase. For potential kiddos.
Old 01-21-2013, 09:34 AM   #23172
Stitchawl
Opsimath

Plain hot water for me right now. Tastes pretty good!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfCrash View Post
Looks great. Let me suggest some railings on the staircase. For potential kiddos.
I'm guessing that this picture is really just a concept thing rather than a finished idea. I don't know of any material that would strong enough to support body weight at that angle at that thickness.

Stitchawl
Old 01-21-2013, 09:46 AM   #23173
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
The plans look good !

Coffee dregs .... Green Tea coming up me thinks .
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 11:11 AM   #23174
VydorScope
Wizard
VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
I'm guessing that this picture is really just a concept thing rather than a finished idea. I don't know of any material that would strong enough to support body weight at that angle at that thickness.
Stitchawl
Spider Silk!
VydorScope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 11:38 AM   #23175
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast

Milk Oolong while watching the inauguration. Lucas had lunch, corn and butternut squash and then some formula.

Tags
languages, tea enthusiasts, what is in your cup?