Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 01-18-2013, 04:02 PM   #23131
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
I have found that Guinness does help deaden mouth pain - and can be a substitute "food" when you can't chew!
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 04:09 PM   #23132
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Quote:
Originally Posted by orlok View Post
Black coffee (stirred clockwise in a smooth motion with the concave side of the red and chrome teaspoon facing towards the direction of flow) and a millionaires shortbread on my plate .
I love the description.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iridal View Post
Woohoo, my new dress arrived! We have a new year's reception tomorrow

I'm celebrating with a cup of Roship tea. Lipton
Yay! Photos please.
Quote:
Originally Posted by VydorScope View Post
Yes, I am... but I am not a coffee sob. I also hang around a coffee forum so I can put on a good show, but... got Folgers in my cup this morning... to them thats like ummm calling Lipton tea I guess.
*whispers very, very, quietly... I use Folgers decaf coffee late at night*
Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear_nc View Post
I have found that Guinness does help deaden mouth pain - and can be a substitute "food" when you can't chew!
Nice to see you are back home and have found something to help with the aftereffects.

Waiting for my cup of fresh coffee to brew.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-18-2013, 04:31 PM   #23133
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
Snuggling with my baby boy.
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 04:41 PM   #23134
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
Imperial Keemun as I read Ghost Ship and listen to k.d. lang.
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 07:27 PM   #23135
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
It was homeward bound one night on the deep
Swinging in my hammock I fell asleep
I dreamed a dream and I thought it true
Concerning Franklin and his gallant crew.

With one hundred seamen he sailed away
To the frozen ocean in the month of May
To seek a passage around the pole
Where we poor seamen do sometimes go.

Through cruel hardships they mainly strove
Their ship on mountains of ice was drove
Only the Eskimo with his skin canoe
Was the only one that ever came through.

In Baffin's Bay where the whale fish blow
The fate of Franklin no man may know
The fate of Franklin no tongue can tell
Lord Franklin along with his sailors do dwell.

And now my burden it gives me pain,
For my long lost Franklin I'd cross the main
Ten thousand pounds I would freely give
To say on earth that my Franklin do live.

( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ysFKjWG_W54 )

I must have worn out three copies of this Pentangle album!
Good morning, all. Saturday morning without cartoons. I have come far...
Big mug of East India Company's "Royal Breakfast" tea to start the day, and a bowl of rice, crab legs, and miso soup with pumpkin and onions to fuel it. Looks as if it's going to be a very nice day!

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-18-2013, 10:33 PM   #23136
maianhvk
whimsical
maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: current: PPW 4. brick: K3 & Voyage.
I saw An Affair to Remember yesterday. It was so sweet I melted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post
Looks as if it's going to be a very nice day!
I don't remember hearing you predict a less than "very nice" day, even when you have to see the dentist
maianhvk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 10:46 PM   #23137
VydorScope
Wizard
VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by maianhvk View Post
I don't remember hearing you predict a less than "very nice" day, even when you have to see the dentist

Predicting you are going, rather deciding you are going to have a great day is a big part of actually having one.
VydorScope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 11:43 PM   #23138
pholy
Booklegger
pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook(1 & 2010), PEZ, PRS-505, Kobo BT, PRS-T1, Playbook, Kobo Touch
Quote:
I'm glad the tooth extraction went well, pooh.
I think the best that can be said of tooth extractions is that they went and got over with. Less bad, perhaps, but not 'well'. I think 'well' implies that it was a 'good experience'... That's not possible.

But I'm glad you're over with it, pooh, and have found a good source of interim nourishment
pholy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 12:24 AM   #23139
maianhvk
whimsical
maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Orange juice.

Quote:
Predicting you are going, rather deciding you are going to have a great day is a big part of actually having one.
Ah, this. The problem is I can never recall this method on those gloomy days when everything is spiteful. Must have sth to do with being born a pessimistic
Old 01-19-2013, 01:44 AM   #23140
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Any day that I wake up and no one is shooting at me is a very nice day. It's all perspective.

Quote:
There is NOTHING so important (to me, anyway.) as a positive mental attitude. I believe we can control our existence, and if 'we' don't control it, someone or something else will, and not always in a way that we want. I prefer optimism to pessimism, and in fact have been soundly chided for it by some. I admit it... I may carry optimism a bit too far. But I believe even yesterday can get better!

Every morning I sit quietly, meditating for 20 minutes and 'visualize' just what I want out of life. I 'see' it in my mind's eye. I do the same in the late afternoon. Then I get off my ass and make it happen.

If there are any doubts about the effect of a P.M.A., just look around. The people with a positive attitude always seem to get just what they want out of life. The people with a negative attitude are always complaining that they don't.

"Every day, in every way, it gets better, better, and better." Émile Coué 1857-1926

Stitchawl
Old 01-19-2013, 03:16 AM   #23141
Billi
Wizard
Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook, iRex, PB, Onyx
Sipping Stitchawl's wisdom together with my morning coffee and being sure this will be a wonderful day here too.
Billi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 04:32 AM   #23142
maianhvk
whimsical

I think it's good to have ups and downs in life too, so bad days are interesting in some ways.

My glass is empty
Old 01-19-2013, 05:08 AM   #23143
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
Quote:
Originally Posted by pholy View Post
I think the best that can be said of tooth extractions is that they went and got over with. Less bad, perhaps, but not 'well'. I think 'well' implies that it was a 'good experience'... That's not possible.
I think it's just semantics. By saying I hope it goes well (I said something similar in another thread), pdurrant and I are implying that we hope it goes as well as it possibly can, which means without any more pain or discomfort than necessary. It's common parlance in the UK. I don't expect it to be a pleasant experience by saying that.

Rooibos in my cup. Going to need lots of warm drinks today.

Last edited by orlok; 01-19-2013 at 05:15 AM.
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 05:28 AM   #23144
Stitchawl
Opsimath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billi View Post
Sipping Stitchawl's wisdom together with my morning coffee and being sure this will be a wonderful day here too.
And it will be. And if not... tomorrow will be better!

Quote:
I think it's good to have ups and downs in life too, so bad days are interesting in some ways.
There is a Chinese 'curse' that says; 'May you live in quiet times.'

There are going to be days that aren't as good as you'd like, no matter what you do. The trick is to forget about them as soon as they happen, and spend your time experiencing and living 'now,' while envisioning the future, KNOWING that it will be great! Because it will be!

For example, I can see a lovely glass of rum in my future. Not a big glass... just enough for flavor. Perhaps I'll go for a calorie blast and make a cup of hot chocolate and pour the rum into that! It's an old Ski Lodge drink we would have around the fireplace at the end of a good day skiing!

Stitchawl
Old 01-19-2013, 05:55 AM   #23145
bjones6416
↓↓ Skirt!! Earrings!!
bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Acer netbook, JetBook Lite, Sony PRS-300, Kindle 2, Kindle Fire
Black coffee. The movers are coming today to move the last of my furniture out of my place and into a storage unit. I'm going to remain here in Mom's house for a bit, until I decide where I want to live.

I've taken this opportunity to get rid of so much stuff. It's been very liberating. I'm keeping the bare minimum, plus a few things that mean a lot to me, like the old oak table and mismatched chairs that my sister lovingly refinished for me 30 years or so ago. I love that table. A couple of very early sewing machine treadles. My loom and spinning wheel. Bed, washer and dryer, and 2 rocking chairs. I'm set.
bjones6416 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
languages, tea enthusiasts, what is in your cup?