Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 06-07-2014, 06:45 PM   #16
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
I just had to do this to a Glo I got today. I was baffled why the collections weren't sortable, and this thread showed me why, and how to fix it. Many thanks!
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 02:25 AM   #17
BuyMore
Lurker extraordinaire
BuyMore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuyMore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuyMore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuyMore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuyMore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuyMore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuyMore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuyMore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuyMore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuyMore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuyMore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 3, iPad Mini 4
Thank you, davidfor! The solution you posted here, along with your advice on another thread, have helped me solve this problem on my Glo.

I opened the config file with notepad, and I thought it's okay to edit (i.e. insert the shelf list line) in notepad directly. But the problem persisted and I almost gave up.

Thanks to your advice on the other post, I decided to delete the config file on my Glo, then installed notepad++ to edit the new config file. It works! Now my collections are sorted neatly by name.
BuyMore is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-11-2014, 07:04 PM   #18
Snow Sciles
Connoisseur
Snow Sciles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Snow Sciles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Snow Sciles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Snow Sciles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Snow Sciles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Snow Sciles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Snow Sciles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Snow Sciles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Snow Sciles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Snow Sciles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Snow Sciles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STG, PW2
Thank you so much for this. I just got my Kobo Aura today, and I'm on a learning curve. It did not allow me to sort the collections, I followed your advice and now those options are available. This place is such a wealth of information.
Snow Sciles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 04:07 PM   #19
Grady Cole
Grady Cole began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura
I'm in the same boat as Snow Sciles - bought a new Aura yesterday, and followed the instructions here to fix the collections issue. Thanks for the help!
Grady Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 11:45 AM   #20
Mivo
Fanatic
Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: In use: Pocketbook InkPad 3, Kobo Glo, iPad Air 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
Sorry, I wasn't paying attention to the device and firmware version. Unfortunately, the library lists on the Touch haven't been updated to the same as on the Glo.
I picked up an Aura this week, and while it had been updated to 3.3.0 (from whatever it had before), I also did not have the option to sort the Shelves/Collections. The bar where the sort option is normally at was empty (touching the empty space had no effect). After I added LastLibrarySorter_shelfList_=sortByShelfName() to the config file, the Aura not only sorted alphabetically, but it now also displayed the sort option in the previously empty spot.

Just adding this here as a general FYI in case someone else bumps into the same problem on devices with the firmware that "should" display the sorting options.
Mivo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-29-2014, 03:30 AM   #21
snoeki
Connoisseur
snoeki ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snoeki ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snoeki ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snoeki ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snoeki ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snoeki ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snoeki ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snoeki ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snoeki ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snoeki ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snoeki ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle paperwhite 2 & Kobo glo hd
Many thanks for this solution! Just bought this device and was wondering for a solution, great help!
snoeki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2015, 10:23 PM   #22
nbhms
nbhms began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-650 / Kobo Mini
Question Set shelf default sort order?

First off, thanks to this thread, I now have shelves sorted properly on my new Kobo Mini.

Now - when I open each collection, they default to "most recently read". When I change that to something else, it sticks - and that's fine, but is there a way to set the default sort for individual collections to "Title" so I'm not having to do that the first time I open each individual collection?

Thanks.
nbhms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2015, 11:22 PM   #23
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Unfortunately, no. I have tried a few different things, but I can't find an option in the config file to change the default sorting for shelves.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
collections, kobo, touch