Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 10-05-2012, 09:37 AM   #91
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tugger View Post
Does v054b plugin also have the special code to fix the start problem when one does a split? Will that be a permanent part of the plugin?
No it does not. It's probably unfortunate that I happened to choose an identical version label for my plugin as the one NiLuJe used for his proposed Mobi_Unpack version. My bad.

Once/If that proposed "splitter" code becomes an official part of the underlying Mobi_Unpack core, the plugin will naturally make use of it. But until then, I've made the decision to always use the most recent Mobi_Unpack core code "as is" in the plugin. A plug 'n' play approach, more or less, to avoid having to maintain two different "forks" of the same underlying engine.

One advantage of that plug 'n' play philosophy is that there's absolutely nothing stopping you from unzipping this beta plugin and overwriting the files in the 'mobiunpack' folder with the files from the 'lib' folder in NiLuJe's proposed MobiUnpack update. Then just zip it all back up and install it with calibre.

PM me if you have trouble. I could certainly package up a beta-beta of the plugin for you if you want -- as long as you know I probably won't be too keen on supporting it until/unless it becomes part of the "official" codebase.
DiapDealer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 09:43 AM   #92
Tugger
Connoisseur
Tugger can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueTugger can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueTugger can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueTugger can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueTugger can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueTugger can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueTugger can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueTugger can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueTugger can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueTugger can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueTugger can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: Kindle
Thanks for explaining it. Having installed Python I'm OK as I am so I'll wait.
Tugger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 04:43 PM   #93
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

The beta version has been upgraded to release status.

1) Fixed a regression bug that affected the ability to extract PDFs from AZW4 files (no idea when the bug first crept in).
2) Also overhauled the routine that collected the various details about the MOBI files. should be neater, more reliable, and less "oops ... I seem to have hung the whole shebang"-ey.

You may notice a pretty big jump in the version number (v0.5.4 to v0.54.1 ) of the plugin. This is intentional. I needed a little wiggle room to add some revisions in between updates to the core Mobi_Unpack engine. The plan is to have the second digits always represent the core version of the underlying Mobi_unpack code, and the third digits will represent the plugin revision number. Sorry in advance for any confusion this may cause.

Now at version 0.54.1

Last edited by DiapDealer; 10-14-2012 at 04:59 PM.
Old 10-16-2012, 10:06 AM   #94
caillou
caillou began at the beginning.

Device: pc
Hi, I just registered here to report a bug
My calibre defaut folder was called "Bibliothèque calibre" (I'm french) and the "è" letter creates a bug with the plugin.

I renamed default calibre folder and it worked, thanks a lot for the plugin
Correcting the bug could be nice for futur users

Calibre: 0.9.2
Plugin: mobi_unpack_v0541_plugin.zip
caillou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 05:07 PM   #95
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by caillou
Hi, I just registered here to report a bug
My calibre defaut folder was called "Bibliothèque calibre" (I'm french) and the "è" letter creates a bug with the plugin.

I renamed default calibre folder and it worked, thanks a lot for the plugin
Correcting the bug could be nice for futur users
I'll definitely see what I can do. Thanks for reporting the issue!

Just to be clear ... are you talking about the location/folder for calibre's library/database? Or do you mean the default folder you've selected for the plugin -- where it unpacks the MOBI's contents to?
Old 10-17-2012, 03:26 AM   #96
caillou
caillou began at the beginning.

Device: pc
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
I'll definitely see what I can do. Thanks for reporting the issue!

Just to be clear ... are you talking about the location/folder for calibre's library/database? Or do you mean the default folder you've selected for the plugin -- where it unpacks the MOBI's contents to?
folder for calibre's library

I've just tried to rename mobi default folder:
I created "é", when unpack, a new folder called "é" has been created
I also tried with "à", when unpack, a new folder called "Ã" has been created

but here there's no error message, unpack still working, so not a big trouble
whereas with the "è" in calibre's folder name, plugin is sending an error message "can't find the file or folder"
caillou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 11:25 PM   #97
JohnnyBook
Groupie
JohnnyBook holds these truths to be self-evident.JohnnyBook holds these truths to be self-evident.JohnnyBook holds these truths to be self-evident.JohnnyBook holds these truths to be self-evident.JohnnyBook holds these truths to be self-evident.JohnnyBook holds these truths to be self-evident.JohnnyBook holds these truths to be self-evident.JohnnyBook holds these truths to be self-evident.JohnnyBook holds these truths to be self-evident.JohnnyBook holds these truths to be self-evident.JohnnyBook holds these truths to be self-evident.

Device: K3 W/3G (Fixed screen!) & Paperwhite Wifi
Ok I had a book that had a lot of typos and alternating use of "" and “” and other distracting things,
So I ran the plugin to unpack it and edited the html file to make fixes I wanted.

Hmm how do I repack it? I checked the first post and did not see anything off hand that said how to repack.

Should I zip it and import it into Calibre as an zip file and convert it to Mobi in Calibre?

EDIT: In the end, I did just zip it, Import it, and convert to mobi in Calibre. Is there a better way?

Last edited by JohnnyBook; 10-22-2012 at 02:03 AM.
JohnnyBook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 03:37 AM   #98
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyBook View Post
Ok I had a book that had a lot of typos and alternating use of "" and “” and other distracting things,
So I ran the plugin to unpack it and edited the html file to make fixes I wanted.

Hmm how do I repack it? I checked the first post and did not see anything off hand that said how to repack.

Should I zip it and import it into Calibre as an zip file and convert it to Mobi in Calibre?

EDIT: In the end, I did just zip it, Import it, and convert to mobi in Calibre. Is there a better way?
Kindlegen or Kindle Preview

I tend to use KindleGen, because I have a nice AppleScript wrapper for it.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 05:25 AM   #99
Tugger
Connoisseur
Tugger can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueTugger can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueTugger can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueTugger can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueTugger can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueTugger can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueTugger can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueTugger can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueTugger can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueTugger can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueTugger can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyBook View Post

If you are not already geared up to use Kindlegen, here is the answer:

The simplest method is to simply drag and drop the .opf file onto the Previewer. That runs Kindlegen and does everything for you.

If you don't use Kindlegen/Previewer you may have problems with rejection by KDP.
Tugger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 07:09 AM   #100
ptram
ptram began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Touch
Hi,

I fear a new DRM has been instroduced. I very often buy ebooks from Amazon, and then convert them to ePub using Calibre and your great plugin. However, the latest purchased I did cannot be converted, because they are "protected by DRM".

Calibre (Mac version) is the latest version (0.9.5), as is MobiUnpack (0.54.1). So, I guess a new protection scheme has been introducted (the publishers are the Italian Adelphi and Einaudi).

Pao
ptram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 07:16 AM   #101
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptram View Post
Hi,

I fear a new DRM has been instroduced. I very often buy ebooks from Amazon, and then convert them to ePub using Calibre and your great plugin. However, the latest purchased I did cannot be converted, because they are "protected by DRM".

Calibre (Mac version) is the latest version (0.9.5), as is MobiUnpack (0.54.1). So, I guess a new protection scheme has been introducted (the publishers are the Italian Adelphi and Einaudi).

Pao
I think you have confused the MobiUnpack plugin with the DRM removal plugins. The MobiUnpack Plugin only works on DRM-free books.

If you are having problems removing DRM, I suggest you ask at Apprentice Alf's blog. Detailed discussion of how to remove DRM isn't permitted here.

Last edited by pdurrant; 11-03-2012 at 07:31 AM.
Old 11-03-2012, 07:17 AM   #102
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer

I think you may be confused. This plugin (MobiUnpack v0.54.1) has nothing to do with DRM removal.

EDIT: what pdurrant said.

Reminds me (once again) though, that I need to update the plugin to 0.58.0.

Last edited by DiapDealer; 11-03-2012 at 07:23 AM.
Old 11-03-2012, 07:28 AM   #103
ptram
ptram began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Touch
I'm very sorry for making confusion and talking about non-allowed topics. Thank you very much for your hints!

Pao
ptram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 08:57 AM   #104
Kratos
Connoisseur
Kratos began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3, iPhone, iPad, PC
Hi. I used Indesign to create an epub which I edited to add a ToC (with help from this forum) then used Amazon's tool to convert it into a mobi which has been sold on the Kindle store.

I need to make some minor changes to some of the text and swap some of the images.
What I did was edit the original epub, then convert with Calibre but this stopped the ToC working on Kindle devices.

So I want to use mobi unpack to make small changes without damaging the original file /ToC.

I've installed it. I used it and it splits the original into a mobi7 and mobi8 folder. I assume I edit each individually. But after that how do recompile it into one big mobi file?
Kratos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 09:11 AM   #105
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kratos View Post
I've installed it. I used it and it splits the original into a mobi7 and mobi8 folder. I assume I edit each individually. But after that how do recompile it into one big mobi file?
You want the mobi8 folder. Edit the contents of the mobi8 folder, and then re-compile using kindlegen. The mobi7 part of the file will be regenerated from the mobi8 sources.

Tags
mobi2mobi