Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 01-22-2013, 04:50 AM   #1
Bookripper
Connoisseur
Bookripper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookripper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookripper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookripper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookripper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookripper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookripper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookripper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookripper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookripper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookripper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too much to remember
hyperlinks disappear when "opening" a book with Sigil

As the title says: I have some epub books with working hyperlinks, but when I open them up with Sigil to remove the crap, the hyperlinks become inactive... is this a sort of safety from the publishers or something??
Old 01-22-2013, 04:54 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Please use the forums correctly. Moved to the "Sigil" forum.
Advert
Old 01-22-2013, 06:51 AM   #3
mrmikel
Color me gone
mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-300
Doubtful. Switch to code view after putting the cursor at one of the links and see what has happened.

If you are previewing in a browser perhaps the browser is more tolerant of errors than Sigil is. Sigil is VERY picky about correct code.

It will ask you if you click on a hyperlink that would take you onto the web.

Now if the link is all in java or something like that, Sigil does not do that.
Old 01-22-2013, 07:21 AM   #4
Bookripper
Connoisseur
Bookripper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookripper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookripper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookripper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookripper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookripper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookripper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookripper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookripper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookripper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookripper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I should tell you that I'm not able to edit or read stylesheets. I'm learning on the fly :-). When I open the book in Calibre, or on my e-reader, the hyperlinks in the table of contents work. When I open the book with Sigil, the links become dead..... Even if I just open the book and save it unchanged. I could post the book on Zippyshare so you could check it out for yourself, if that's allowed on this forum...
Old 01-22-2013, 08:00 AM   #5
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookripper View Post
I could post the book on Zippyshare so you could check it out for yourself, if that's allowed on this forum...
Not if it's protected by copyright.
Advert
Old 01-22-2013, 11:08 AM   #6
Pablo
Guru
Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SONY PRS-505, PRS-T2
Quote:
I should tell you that I'm not able to edit or read stylesheets. I'm learning on the fly :-). When I open the book in Calibre, or on my e-reader, the hyperlinks in the table of contents work. When I open the book with Sigil, the links become dead..... Even if I just open the book and save it unchanged. I could post the book on Zippyshare so you could check it out for yourself, if that's allowed on this forum...
You could copy/paste a link and its destination from code view instead. I don't think that would be a copyright violation.
Old 01-22-2013, 01:13 PM   #7
Bookripper
Connoisseur

I dont want to be breaking any forum or other laws here :-)
Old 01-22-2013, 04:17 PM   #8
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
I dont want to be breaking any forum or other laws here :-)
That's untrue. if you didn't want to break the laws, you would not be using a website that has pirated eBooks that you download and then come here to ask us for help fixing what others have broken. That's very hypocritical of you.

Last edited by JSWolf; 01-22-2013 at 04:19 PM.
Old 01-23-2013, 01:47 AM   #9
Iznogood
Guru
Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ipad, kindle paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
That's untrue. if you didn't want to break the laws, you would not be using a website that has pirated eBooks that you download and then come here to ask us for help fixing what others have broken. That's very hypocritical of you.
Let's at least try to be fair here. Even if some people use sites like rapidshare and zippyshare to share pirated stuff, there are plenty of legitimate uses for this kind of service. Sharing a link via zippyshare and sharing a link from your public dropbox folder is the same thing. Do I hear somebody accuse dropbox for spreading pirated works? I don't see what's so terribly hypocritical here
Old 01-23-2013, 03:25 AM   #10
Bookripper
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post

Ah, one of the crusaders... Always fun!!

Me, hypocritical?? Do you know what's really hypocritical? Big players like Amazon using the fear of publishers to bind them to their non-usable DRM-protected crap that only works on 1 device.
And while they are trying to ram download-ethics down our throats, they are price-fixing, which is ALSO ILLEGAL and CRIMINAL. And they get filthy rich of it. I make no money out of this, I only save myself a trip to the library.

I only download for personal use. If I go to a library, I can also read all books for free! Probably you should try to outlaw them too.

People who dont want to pay for reading, dont pay for reading. That has been going on for decades (government approved and regulated, if I might add). The internet just made this a bit easier.

But I'm not even like that. I download books and I buy the ones that I really like. Same with movies and music. But the time that I spend hundreds of $ on some overpriced stuff, in the hope that I like it, is OVER. You have no lessons to teach me.

For decades, artists and writers should not have been so stupid to accept a lousy 2$ per item sold and expect us to cough up an additional 18$ just to make their leaching publisher or record label schmucks rich (I'm from Europe, a new CD or Book costs 20 bucks here, not 7,99 like in the States). Who's stealing from who here? It's the decade-long overpricing and price fixing that made the illegal market big. Not people like me. I was a (b)leading user for DECADES, paying top price for stuff I never watch, listen to, or read anymore.

So if you are gonna make a little speech on community spirit, I suggest you target someone else. Besides mentioning (not recommending or advertising!!!) a pirate site 1 time, I'm a good little boyscout on this forum.
I bet 100% of the users here have some sort of pirated or copyrighted material/media somewhere on their pc. Including YOU.

Cheers! RIPPER
Old 01-23-2013, 05:03 AM   #11
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
I admit it it. My PC is chock-full of copyrighted material.
Old 01-23-2013, 05:33 AM   #12
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

Moderator Notice
We will not tolerate advocating piracy on MR. This is the final warning. Any subsequent mention of this subject will result in an immediate ban.

Thread closed.
Closed Thread