Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 02-19-2010, 05:28 PM   #1
Filark
Armed with a smile :)
Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: enTourage eDGe & Pocket eDGe, Samsung Galaxy Note II
Question Gifting my PRS 600, getting PRS 900

Hello everyone! I thought I'd better come here first before I make any big mistakes.

I'm giving my mother my PRS 600, which I love, and getting a PRS 900 for myself instead. What I want to know is:

Is there anything I need to watch out for in deleting some of the books from my old reader while keeping others on it for her to read?

Will the 900 sync smoothly with the eReader Library I have now, transfering the books and notations I created on my 600?

Are there warranty concerns I need to know about?

Thank you all for being here!!

Filark
Filark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 05:34 PM   #2
kc5cychris
Connoisseur
kc5cychris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kc5cychris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kc5cychris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kc5cychris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kc5cychris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kc5cychris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kc5cychris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kc5cychris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kc5cychris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kc5cychris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kc5cychris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-600, PRS-900
I did not have any trouble when I did a simmilar swap to the 900. If the books that you are leaving on are from the sony store and you establish a new adobe ID for her those books will not be accessable. that is the only quirk I ran across. good luck and enjoy the 900
Chris
kc5cychris is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-19-2010, 05:36 PM   #3
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
I don't have any problem with putting ePub on my mother's 600. I just have the DRM removed before I do.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 03:50 PM   #4
Filark
Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thank you, Chris and Jon! I had forgotten about the Adobe i.d. quirk. Might try to get her on our i.d. to solve that problem, or I will have to learn some new tricks! :P

I got my 900. It is charging now. Much better package than the 600 (includes cases, AC charger, pre-installed manual . . .). Can't wait to try it!!!

Fi
Old 02-20-2010, 04:07 PM   #5
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Yep. If she is to have a different Adobe ID, then you'll need to deactivate it from your id -- which of course means any DRM'd books won't work on it.

Congratulations! I love my 900!
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-20-2010, 06:13 PM   #6
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Congratulations, Filark, and what a nice thing to do for your mom. Just keep her registered on Sony and ADE with your ID and you can share books. I do this with my mom.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 09:05 PM   #7
Filark

Thanks, you guys!!

I didn't know she would need the same i.d. for my Sony account, too! You have just saved us, I think! She lets me use her library account, so it's only fair . . .

Filark

P.S. I think both my Mom and I will be very happy with our Readers!
Old 02-20-2010, 09:39 PM   #8
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Filark View Post
Thanks, you guys!!

I didn't know she would need the same i.d. for my Sony account, too! You have just saved us, I think! She lets me use her library account, so it's only fair . . .

Filark

P.S. I think both my Mom and I will be very happy with our Readers!

kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 10:51 PM   #9
Filark

Okay . . . thanks to your helpful comments, Mom and I are on the same page (or the same account), and we can share our ebooks! She gets her Reader in the morning, but we've already tested the sharing.

And I do like my PRS 900, although I miss my pink cover! The 2-page landscape mode is pretty cool!

Filark
Old 02-28-2010, 11:51 PM   #10
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Congratulations, Filark. I'm glad it's all working without any problems.

The sharing of my account works great.... I just wish my mom and I had the same taste in reading.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 05:01 PM   #11
Filark

lol, Dreams!!

I am discovering that same issue. Never really thought about it before -- after all, we both love books!!