Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Archive > Sunrise

Notices

Old 11-25-2005, 05:15 PM   #1
Kiko
Kiko began at the beginning.

Device: Tungsten E
Pcmagazine's Dvorak - help!

Here is the deal: I want to download the rss feed for Dvorak's column, but I want only the printable text of the columns. Here is the link:

http://rssnewsapps.ziffdavis.com/PCMAG_dvorak

The problem is, the main page of the feed has links to several articles, and each article is divided into two pages (so you read half of the page, then click in a "next page" link to read the rest). It just dont' work well on a Palm, as there are also several non-related links on the page, that take forever to download.

Anyway, what I need is some kind of script that allows Sunrise to download the printable version of the columns. Is there anyone that have already faced this problem or can someone take a look at it?

Thanks,

Kiko
Old 11-29-2005, 02:51 PM   #2
Laurens
Jah Blessed
Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.

Device: iPod Touch
Invalid link

Link gives a 404 Not Found.
Advert
Old 11-29-2005, 03:39 PM   #3
Laurens
Jah Blessed
Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.

Device: iPod Touch
Well I found the correct feed and wrote a script for rewriting the links, but the conversion fails due to a parsing problem in Sunrise. Looks like it won't be possible.
Old 12-03-2005, 12:28 PM   #4
Kiko
Kiko began at the beginning.

Device: Tungsten E
Err, sorry about the link. And sorry about my next question: what is a parsing problem?