Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Workshop

Notices

Old 07-15-2014, 10:57 PM   #1
martienne
.~^пиратка^~.
martienne can read faster than his screen refreshesmartienne can read faster than his screen refreshesmartienne can read faster than his screen refreshesmartienne can read faster than his screen refreshesmartienne can read faster than his screen refreshesmartienne can read faster than his screen refreshesmartienne can read faster than his screen refreshesmartienne can read faster than his screen refreshesmartienne can read faster than his screen refreshesmartienne can read faster than his screen refreshesmartienne can read faster than his screen refreshes

Device: Onyx Boox M92
HTML to .epub -- Some considerations

(this is a follow on from my bible conversion effort for the Swedish Bibel 2000).

Bearing in mind that the Bible is a VERY large book - probably larger than any fiction book:

How do I deal with the overload that this leads to?

I have merged books Genesis - Ruth into one HTML so far. (That's but a fraction of the bible for the bible illiterate). It's going to be 8 times larger, I think before it's complete.

It might be too intense to work with one large HTML.
I might have to split it up into multiple HTML files.

But I want the end result to be ONE epub with all of the Bible in it.

Can Sigil merge multiple HTML into one epub?
Or how should I handle the problem?
martienne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 11:13 PM   #2
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Every chapter in an ePub is normally a separate HTML file. No need at ALL to merge them.

Just download all the books of Bible2000 and then add them one by one into a new eBook in (for instance) calibre Editor.

Then add the CSS file and ensure it's associated with all the HTML files.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-15-2014, 11:30 PM   #3
martienne
.~^пиратка^~.
martienne can read faster than his screen refreshesmartienne can read faster than his screen refreshesmartienne can read faster than his screen refreshesmartienne can read faster than his screen refreshesmartienne can read faster than his screen refreshesmartienne can read faster than his screen refreshesmartienne can read faster than his screen refreshesmartienne can read faster than his screen refreshesmartienne can read faster than his screen refreshesmartienne can read faster than his screen refreshesmartienne can read faster than his screen refreshes

Device: Onyx Boox M92
Thanks for the explanation! What exactly constitutes a chapter then?
martienne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 02:47 AM   #4
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Quote:
Originally Posted by martienne View Post
Thanks for the explanation! What exactly constitutes a chapter then?
Chapters create pagebreaks, that is the issue. Right?

Chapters are (usually) defined as separate html files within an EPUB.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 03:40 AM   #5
GrannyGrump
Obsessively Dedicated...
GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T2, ADE on PC
If you are getting individual html files for every single page, that could be awkward for editing. If it were my project, I would use Sigil to merge those pages into sections, *perhaps* each group being merged as a single "Bible book" (for example, all the pages of Genesis merged to a single file, then Exodus, etc.) Depending on file-size of course --- they say that 260 kb should be the top limit for a single (x)html file. Thus, you would have as many "chapters" in your epub as there are "books" in your Bible. Each of those could then have a (hx) heading assigned for easier creation of TOC.

Depending on what editor you are using, you might then find it useful to group those books of the Bible into several *volumes* while you are working on it. I use Sigil, and on my computer, if the entire epub size goes much over 20 mb, operations sloooow to a craaaawwwwllll.

Or maybe I am not understanding the problem...

Last edited by GrannyGrump; 07-16-2014 at 03:51 AM.
GrannyGrump is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-19-2014, 05:16 AM   #6
skreutzer
Software Developer
skreutzer considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.skreutzer considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.skreutzer considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.skreutzer considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.skreutzer considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.skreutzer considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.skreutzer considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.skreutzer considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.skreutzer considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.skreutzer considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.skreutzer considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.

Device: PocketBook Touch Lux 3
As chapters of the Bible are too less text in order to justify a separate XHTML file for each of them, we produce one XHTML for each Bible book, and I guess that's a seemingly logical solution anyway.
skreutzer is offline   Reply With Quote