Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 06-01-2012, 07:33 PM   #16
pisceschick
Addict
pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Classic Nook, Kindle Keyboard, Nexus 7
I mostly read historicals (in regular fiction as well) and already had May's DANL pick, so I held on to my credit. This month both the historical pick and the surprise pick are historical with paranormal elements, and I am rather picky about those. I read through the preview chapter at Connie Mason's site and it didn't grab me, so I might hold on to June's credit as well. I didn't realize I was so picky!

Wish they'd made the Patricia Rice release that was promoted toward the end of the month into the surprise pick. I read the first in the series last year and forgot to pick it up at the promo price. Oops!

Women who can see auras and heal I can deal with. Dudes who can form fireballs out of the thin air, not so much.
pisceschick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 08:06 PM   #17
Joykins
Wizard
Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle Oasis 2018, kindle 4 NT, kindle PW2, iPhone, iPad mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loosheesh View Post
Britomart won't be around for a few days so I'm starting the June thread.

I have nothing to post () but I selected my June book from the DaNL club. I chose The Officer Says "I Do". Any other members make their selection yet?
I'm going to pick this one--the other ones don't look as interesting to me.

I also got the Kennedy cowboy book that's on sale
Joykins is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-01-2012, 10:23 PM   #18
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joykins View Post
I'm going to pick this one--the other ones don't look as interesting to me.

I also got the Kennedy cowboy book that's on sale
She has a new one this month called Cowboy Crazy I plan to get that is the next in the series. Sourcebooks needs to work on their titles a bit. Cowboy Crazy is a weird title for a book so is Lady Amelia's Mess and a Half which is another new release.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 12:52 AM   #19
Wald07
Audiophile
Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexux7 2nd Gen & Kobo Touch
Oh, man. I got all four of this month's selections. Should I ever find myself alone on a desert island with my e-reader, I will not be without a book to read. At least until my battery dies...
Wald07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 01:56 AM   #20
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
MR member grega, Greg A (Discover a New Love), has posted about their June DaNL book club featured selections in our Self-Promotions forum and a thread on a sale book. You can check his threads for information/updates also.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-02-2012, 02:34 AM   #21
ATDrake
Wizzard
ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2 International, Sony PRS-T1, BlackBerry PlayBook, Acer Iconia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
Sourcebooks needs to work on their titles a bit. Cowboy Crazy is a weird title for a book so is Lady Amelia's Mess and a Half which is another new release.
They've actually been soliciting title-naming/cover art help on their blog, so if you'd like to have a hand in helping them come up with something a little more appealing, here's the latest Name A Romance voting/discussion post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wald07 View Post
Oh, man. I got all four of this month's selections. Should I ever find myself alone on a desert island with my e-reader, I will not be without a book to read. At least until my battery dies...
Is it helping or merely enabling to point out that if you want to pick up other books by this month's feature authors, their rest of titles are an extra 10% off the list price on top of the 40% membership discount and you can stack the 15% off discover15 coupon as well?

Anyway, you can always invest in one of those solar charger gadgets. Just in case.

Since it seems that e-book credits can now be retroactively applied to previous months' selections since one's signup date, I think I'm going to flat-out hoard my June credit since just none of the feature selections are all that appealing, even though I normally like (non-romantic) Viking stuff (provided the authors actually Did The Research).

One day they may come up with two books in a month which I want by authors who haven't been behaving badly, especially if they start adding more plain historical fiction selections.
ATDrake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 06:41 AM   #22
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by grega View Post
The Lord of the Black Isle is not a reprint. It was the second of her newest books that Sourcebooks has released - the first being The Return of Black Douglas.
Oh good...I might get them both!
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 10:32 AM   #23
Wald07
Audiophile
Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexux7 2nd Gen & Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATDrake View Post
Is it helping or merely enabling to point out that if you want to pick up other books by this month's feature authors, their rest of titles are an extra 10% off the list price on top of the 40% membership discount and you can stack the 15% off discover15 coupon as well?

Anyway, you can always invest in one of those solar charger gadgets. Just in case.
I think I did ok. Got all 4 & used my credit for the most expensive one, and used the 15% promo code again, as suggested above. Less than $9 and at this rate, I will be busy all summer!

*Now, off to find a solar charger gadget- just in case! *
Wald07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 03:34 PM   #24
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

In Love and War by Mary Nichols was formally published as a Mills & Boon Historical in 1987.
(Mills & Boon is Harlequin's UK imprint.)

Quote:
Married to an inveterate gambler who was prepared to dispose of her life in order to pay his debts, Louise Oakingham had fled … only to find herself torn between a husband she despised and a man she doubted.
Was Captain Paul Fourier, home on leave from the Peninsular Campaign, her jailor or her savior? Why, when he insisted that she accompany him to Lisbon, had he then left her alone in a strange city?
It was ironic that the safest place for her at that moment was in the middle of a war, and in deciding to go after the Captain, Louise began to understand just why women followed their men into battle…
Old 06-02-2012, 03:38 PM   #25
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

The Heart of the Lion by Mary Nichols was formally published as a Mills & Boon Historical in 1988. (Mills & Boon is Harlequin's UK imprint.)

Quote:
SHE HELD HIS HEART WITH CHAINS THAT COULD NOT BE BROKEN BY TIME AND DISTANCE.

Almost penniless after the death of her parents, Stella arrived in Mexico to search for her husband, who had been a naturalist on one of the Emperor Maximilian’s expeditions. Immediately she found herself in danger, caught up in Mexico’s turbulent affairs. But the greatest danger was to her heart, for Leo Manfred had turned up like a ghost from the past. Once they had been in love … now she was no longer free. Was it too late for them ever to find happiness?
Old 06-03-2012, 11:06 AM   #26
grega
grega can teach chickens to fly.grega can teach chickens to fly.grega can teach chickens to fly.grega can teach chickens to fly.grega can teach chickens to fly.grega can teach chickens to fly.grega can teach chickens to fly.grega can teach chickens to fly.grega can teach chickens to fly.grega can teach chickens to fly.grega can teach chickens to fly.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by library addict View Post
I'll probably go with The Officer Says "I Do". Or maybe I will save this month's credit. I haven't made up my mind yet.

ETA: I really want to read Honor Bound, the sequel to The Officer Says "I Do", but since I am a stickler for reading books in order feel I need to read this one first.
Please note that the title for Honor Bound was changed to The Officer Says "I Do" so they are the same book.
grega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 02:53 PM   #27
library addict
Grand Sorcerer
library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 2, Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8" (retired=Sony PRS650, Kobo Mini)
Oh, thanks for the info. I only read the blurb for Honor Bound once, but it mentioned a line about waking up married to woman he barely knows, which sounded different than the blurb for TOSID. I just figured they were part of the same series.

Off to get it now...
library addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 03:44 PM   #28
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Jill Shalvis has three Harlequin Temptation on sale for $1.99! These are Harlequin Treasury titles. She's an autobuy for me so I already have these.

She's also got another book called Simple Irresistible by Hachette on sale for $1.99. Nook Kobo Sony B.O.B This is book one of her Lucky Harbor series.

If you haven't read any of Jill's books you are missing out on a really great romance author. She's definitely in my top 10 favorite romance authors list.

Last edited by Blossom; 06-03-2012 at 03:55 PM.
Old 06-03-2012, 11:12 PM   #29
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATDrake View Post
Better choice for the deserted island - http://www.biolitestove.com/
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 11:58 PM   #30
pisceschick
Addict
pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Classic Nook, Kindle Keyboard, Nexus 7
Twelve Days by Teresa Hill was originally published by Signet and is currently free.

Quote:
Twelve Days before Christmas, Rachel McRae opens her front door, and a social worker puts a baby in her arms—one who comes along with a four-year-old boy and an eleven-year-old girl, siblings abandoned and in need of a temporary home.

But there’s a catch. Rachel’s family is falling apart. While she and her husband, Sam, have always dreamed that one day, they’d have a house filled with children, that dream has led instead to one heartbreak after another. Sam McRae has finally decided the only thing left to do is leave his wife.

Reluctantly, Rachel and Sam agree to take the children in, but just until after Christmas. They vow to do their best not to fall in love with them, not to get their hopes up that this time a miracle will happen. That these children will stay, and that Sam and Rachel’s marriage can still be saved.
pisceschick is offline   Reply With Quote