Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Tablets

Notices

Old 11-10-2011, 02:52 PM   #1
cypherslock
Groupie
cypherslock is a glorious beacon of lightcypherslock is a glorious beacon of lightcypherslock is a glorious beacon of lightcypherslock is a glorious beacon of lightcypherslock is a glorious beacon of lightcypherslock is a glorious beacon of lightcypherslock is a glorious beacon of lightcypherslock is a glorious beacon of lightcypherslock is a glorious beacon of lightcypherslock is a glorious beacon of lightcypherslock is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kobo Vox
Any news on Youtube fix?

Just wondering if there was any news on the Youtube issue? Or for that matter the VPN issue?

Last edited by cypherslock; 11-10-2011 at 02:58 PM.
cypherslock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 03:16 PM   #2
KoboJW
UX Lead, Kobo Vox
KoboJW has too *@%# much karma.KoboJW has too *@%# much karma.KoboJW has too *@%# much karma.KoboJW has too *@%# much karma.KoboJW has too *@%# much karma.KoboJW has too *@%# much karma.KoboJW has too *@%# much karma.KoboJW has too *@%# much karma.KoboJW has too *@%# much karma.KoboJW has too *@%# much karma.KoboJW has too *@%# much karma.

Device: Boxes of Voxes
We're making good progress. Stay tuned!

Sorry - that's pretty much all I can say
KoboJW is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-10-2011, 03:32 PM   #3
cypherslock
Groupie
cypherslock is a glorious beacon of lightcypherslock is a glorious beacon of lightcypherslock is a glorious beacon of lightcypherslock is a glorious beacon of lightcypherslock is a glorious beacon of lightcypherslock is a glorious beacon of lightcypherslock is a glorious beacon of lightcypherslock is a glorious beacon of lightcypherslock is a glorious beacon of lightcypherslock is a glorious beacon of lightcypherslock is a glorious beacon of light

On both?
cypherslock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 04:02 PM   #4
KoboJW
UX Lead, Kobo Vox
KoboJW has too *@%# much karma.KoboJW has too *@%# much karma.KoboJW has too *@%# much karma.KoboJW has too *@%# much karma.KoboJW has too *@%# much karma.KoboJW has too *@%# much karma.KoboJW has too *@%# much karma.KoboJW has too *@%# much karma.KoboJW has too *@%# much karma.KoboJW has too *@%# much karma.KoboJW has too *@%# much karma.

Device: Boxes of Voxes
Wake from sleep, battery level reporting and video are primary focus at the moment. But bear with us, we'll get there...
KoboJW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 07:51 PM   #5
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
I didn't try YouTube until this AM, after I had downloaded Flash 11. I also did not sign into YouTube as I heard that this somehow degraded the video. In any case, I was getting smooth and enjoyable video. Now i was just watching a few vids from the front page, so my experience is limited.

I tried to watch TWiT TV last night--which is UStream--and it was awful.
taming is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-10-2011, 09:06 PM   #6
Cdesja5
Wizard
Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lots and lots of electronic gadgets...
I have the VLC player installed which appears to have allowed me to use my PlayOn app to watch TV. It can be quite slow loading but I do get a some of the US TV sites without using VPN or proxy (TV.com, the CW, TBS, National Geographic, PBS, The Walking Dead,and TVLinks which has a lot of the most popular shows on right now). Doesn't look good for the VPN unless Kobo updates firmware.
My VPN provider has pretty much tried everything they know of to get it to work and it just doesn't...
Cdesja5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 10:45 PM   #7
oopsididitagain
Banned
oopsididitagain began at the beginning.

Device: Vox
I have been watching Youtube for days, it works PERFECTLY.
oopsididitagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 12:15 AM   #8
Anjohl
Zealot
Anjohl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anjohl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anjohl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anjohl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anjohl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anjohl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anjohl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anjohl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anjohl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anjohl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anjohl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cdesja5 View Post
I have the VLC player installed which appears to have allowed me to use my PlayOn app to watch TV. It can be quite slow loading but I do get a some of the US TV sites without using VPN or proxy (TV.com, the CW, TBS, National Geographic, PBS, The Walking Dead,and TVLinks which has a lot of the most popular shows on right now). Doesn't look good for the VPN unless Kobo updates firmware.
My VPN provider has pretty much tried everything they know of to get it to work and it just doesn't...
Where did you get vlc for android?
Anjohl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 01:06 AM   #9
oopsididitagain
Banned
oopsididitagain began at the beginning.

Device: Vox
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anjohl View Post
Where did you get vlc for android?
here sweetie

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=156201
oopsididitagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 01:14 AM   #10
jefftheworld
Groupie
jefftheworld can grok the meaning of the universe.jefftheworld can grok the meaning of the universe.jefftheworld can grok the meaning of the universe.jefftheworld can grok the meaning of the universe.jefftheworld can grok the meaning of the universe.jefftheworld can grok the meaning of the universe.jefftheworld can grok the meaning of the universe.jefftheworld can grok the meaning of the universe.jefftheworld can grok the meaning of the universe.jefftheworld can grok the meaning of the universe.jefftheworld can grok the meaning of the universe.

Device: Kobo, Kobo Vox
I have a feeling that the youtube issue has something to do with your youtube quality preference settings. I've had no issues while logged in, but logging out of my youtube account stops videos from working. Others have noticed the opposite issue.

I've also found that while browsing the desktop version of the site (changing your user agent to desktop stops the site from sending you to the mobile version of the site) I get no issues either way.
jefftheworld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 12:10 PM   #11
russilwvong
russilwvong began at the beginning.

Initially YouTube was working fine (check out www.youtube.com/trailers)--then it stopped working. Eventually I figured out that clearing cookies would fix the problem.
russilwvong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 04:36 PM   #12
hpulley
Addict
hpulley is faster than slow light.hpulley is faster than slow light.hpulley is faster than slow light.hpulley is faster than slow light.hpulley is faster than slow light.hpulley is faster than slow light.hpulley is faster than slow light.hpulley is faster than slow light.hpulley is faster than slow light.hpulley is faster than slow light.hpulley is faster than slow light.

Device: Kobo Vox, Playbook32
If I log in youtube fails. Cannot figure out which preference it is. Works fine other than no adult stuff allowed...
hpulley is offline   Reply With Quote