Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 12-26-2013, 01:27 PM   #61
KentE
...still a Zealot
KentE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KentE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KentE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KentE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KentE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KentE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KentE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KentE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KentE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KentE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KentE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm Pixi & PC
Quote:
Originally Posted by apesmom View Post
FYI - each of the Bonus apps comes with 20 free coins!
Thanks, Tubemonkey & Apesmom! Only a few of the apps really interested me, and I already had a couple, but..... more coins to save up for something I've been wanting.
KentE
Old 12-26-2013, 01:27 PM   #62
skinmaan
Wizard
skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: android tablet, Kindle KB
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
That's cool ...I'm out of luck since I already own them.
If you are feeling like a mischievous little monkey you can delete them from your apps library and re-buy them. Not that I'd ever do something like that...
Advert
Old 12-26-2013, 01:54 PM   #63
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by skinmaan View Post
If you are feeling like a mischievous little monkey you can delete them from your apps library and re-buy them. Not that I'd ever do something like that...
Thanks; I'm aware of that option, but not worth the time and effort.
Old 12-26-2013, 02:01 PM   #64
skinmaan
Wizard
skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: android tablet, Kindle KB
Quote:
Thanks; I'm aware of that option, but not worth the time and effort.
I actually agree. I will, however, make sure my wife gets the same coins I get. It's actually easier for me to find ways to spend the coins for her than it is to spend them on myself.
Old 12-26-2013, 04:44 PM   #65
DreamWriter
Books are brain food.
DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite · Fire HD6/HD8/HD10 · Galaxy Tab A7
Quote:
Originally Posted by apesmom View Post
FYI - each of the Bonus apps comes with 20 free coins!
Thanks for that! Now I need just 10 more coins to reach my goal. Plus, I have $5 in app credits to spend on other apps. Life is good.

Quote:
Also on sale - today only - is OfficeSuite Professional 7 for $0.99
I did see this at 99 cents earlier today, but it's now back up to full price ($14.99).
Advert
Old 12-26-2013, 04:51 PM   #66
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamWriter View Post
I did see this at 99 cents earlier today, but it's now back up to full price ($14.99).
That's not nice of them. The day isn't over yet. According to their press release. the sale was supposed to last a day.

Quote:
One-day-only sale on Office Suite Pro 7 – only $0.99 (originally $14.99) on December 26th
If anyone is interested in this app, I'd call Amazon and argue the point with them. Use their press release when talking to them.
Old 12-26-2013, 05:03 PM   #67
DreamWriter
Books are brain food.
DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite · Fire HD6/HD8/HD10 · Galaxy Tab A7
Quote:
That's not nice of them. The day isn't over yet. According to their press release. the sale was supposed to last a day.
Yup. That kind of switcheroo is not okay, especially when the item was promoted at the deeply discounted price in Amazon's press release.
Old 12-26-2013, 06:30 PM   #68
bookmarked
Addict
bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4 NT, Nexus 7, iPod Touch 4, HP TouchPad
Quote:
Google still has it for $0.99

OfficeSuite Pro 7 (PDF& Fonts) - Mobile Systems, Inc.
Old 12-27-2013, 01:06 AM   #69
KentE
...still a Zealot
KentE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KentE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KentE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KentE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KentE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KentE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KentE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KentE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KentE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KentE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KentE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm Pixi & PC
If you miss OfficeSuitePro (and can't get it from the Play Store), you might try Kingsoft Office (Free). I've used it for about a year, and I'm very pleased with it's function and compatibility with MS Office formats. The versions on the Amazon Appstore are a little confusing-- 2 versions, one labeled (Free), and one labeled Pro (trial). The reviews for the 2 products seem to be intermixed, with some users complaining about a trial period expiring in reviews for the (Free) version. I can't really comment on the veracity of those reviews, since my version was acquired straight from Kingsoft & side-loaded-- and has remained free with no problems.
It's happily opened any MS Office file I've needed, including some rather complex spreadsheets.
KentE
Old 12-27-2013, 03:18 AM   #70
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by bookmarked View Post
I've been wanting the Play version as I got the other for free from the app store when the first Fire came out.

This app is like $14.99 when it's not on sale!
Old 12-27-2013, 03:23 AM   #71
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
If you looking for app to buy and get free coins. Calibre's Companion is $2.99 and you get 90 coins for free when you buy it. This little app works with Calibre to load books via WiFi on your Tablet you can then use it as organizer for your books and it works with any epub eReader app. I use it and love it.

It works on the Kindle Fire and any Android tablet like the Nexus 7.
Old 12-27-2013, 03:54 AM   #72
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Also on sale - today only - is OfficeSuite Professional 7 for $0.99
Quote:
Now it's selling for $4.99 at Amazon and still $0.99 at Google Play.
Old 12-28-2013, 08:39 PM   #73
hwlester
Wizard
hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-T1, Kindle Touch, misc. Android devices, Nook HD+
Does the new version of the appstore lose all association with older apps? I've been participating in the free app of the day since they started. I don't own all apps they've given away, but I have a large number. I have a couple of apps loaded on my phone from Amazon (TripIt ad-free, an office suite, and something else, I think)... After loading the new appstore, it shows no apps on my phone, and no apps in the cloud. I downloaded a free app and it shows in my list under Cloud, but it's the only one despite having hundreds. Also, when I loaded the new appstore and signed in, my Amazon Cloud Player changed appearance and refreshed all my music.
Old 12-29-2013, 10:50 AM   #74
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer
Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Huawei MediaPad M5, LG V30, Boyue T80S, Nexus 7 LTE, K3 3G, Fire HD8
Quote:
Originally Posted by hwlester View Post
Does the new version of the appstore lose all association with older apps? I've been participating in the free app of the day since they started. I don't own all apps they've given away, but I have a large number. I have a couple of apps loaded on my phone from Amazon (TripIt ad-free, an office suite, and something else, I think)... After loading the new appstore, it shows no apps on my phone, and no apps in the cloud. I downloaded a free app and it shows in my list under Cloud, but it's the only one despite having hundreds. Also, when I loaded the new appstore and signed in, my Amazon Cloud Player changed appearance and refreshed all my music.
The new appstore is rather buggy for me too. In all the my apps screens there is a refresh button - pressing that multiple times finally brought back all of my apps eventually.
Old 12-29-2013, 03:50 PM   #75
Manabi
Wizard
Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Galaxy S22
Quote:
Originally Posted by hwlester View Post
The older AppStore versions would show all your apps listed in the cloud, even if they weren't compatible. The new one only lists what is compatible, so you'll see a shorter list definitely. But it should still show what is compatible, and it's not like the older versions actually would let you install incompatible apps. It just listed them, then told you they were incompatible when you tried to download them.

On the one device I've actually let upgrade so far, the app associations remained and all of them Mom's tried to run so far worked okay. It did dereg/rereg my device on me, and rename it to the default, and still refuses to let me rename it, but app associations work okay. (And Amazon's support confirmed it was a problem with the AppStore app preventing the renaming, it's not just my theory.)

If you have a lot of apps, refreshing the list is an exercise in frustration. With 200+ apps it take over 5 minutes. I usually wait till there's a couple of new apps to install before I bother because of this. Refreshing on devices with the old AppStore takes a minute at worst, usually more like 10 seconds.

To be honest, the new version is way too buggy, they rushed it out. It shouldn't be in production. I refuse to upgrade anything else till I hear they've got the bugs sorted out. I expect that to be... maybe June.
Closed Thread