Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 05-20-2013, 10:05 AM   #1
Soxendom
Connoisseur
Soxendom began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS T1
Custom Columns and Virtual Libraries

At the moment I have three different libraries which I want to consolidate into one big library and use the virtual library function.

My fanfiction library has several custom columns that do not apply to the other libraries so is it possible to have it so that those columns only show up in the virtual library where it would be applicable i.e the gen/slash column?
Soxendom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 11:28 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
No, a virtual library does not change the displayed columns, but, you can use the view manager plugin to easily switch between different "views" (sets of columns) of a library.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-20-2013, 11:30 AM   #3
Soxendom
Connoisseur
Soxendom began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS T1
Thank you. That would do nicely
Soxendom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 10:43 AM   #4
beckywc
Addict
beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini w/Retina, Kindle 3, Kindle Fire HDX 8.9, & Asus Transformer
Have you checked out the View Manager plug-in? I use it to display certain columns for various views. Here is the link for information on the plug-in https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=129014. You can download it within Calibre.
beckywc is offline   Reply With Quote