Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 06-04-2014, 03:05 AM   #1
IngridDonders
IngridDonders can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterIngridDonders can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterIngridDonders can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterIngridDonders can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterIngridDonders can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterIngridDonders can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterIngridDonders can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterIngridDonders can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterIngridDonders can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterIngridDonders can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterIngridDonders can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Onyx Boox
Question Please help me!!

Hello, my name is Ingrid and I'm from the Netherlands. Yesterday I bought a Onyx Boox C65ML. I thought TTS was compatible with PDF, but unfortunately it isn't. Could someone please tell me how to install an app text-to-speech on my device? I'm not that good with technology (natural blonde ) so I really could use some help. Many thanks in advance!
IngridDonders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 03:33 AM   #2
wolviex
wolviex can self-interpret dreams as they happen.wolviex can self-interpret dreams as they happen.wolviex can self-interpret dreams as they happen.wolviex can self-interpret dreams as they happen.wolviex can self-interpret dreams as they happen.wolviex can self-interpret dreams as they happen.wolviex can self-interpret dreams as they happen.wolviex can self-interpret dreams as they happen.wolviex can self-interpret dreams as they happen.wolviex can self-interpret dreams as they happen.wolviex can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: none
Hello!
I won't be any help, but just a thought.
Try another pdf file to check if the TTS is possible with pdf at all. But you have to check first if the text on your pdf file is readable/copyable by your computer (can you highlight it?) or is it just an image? TTS won't read pdf which is made of scanned images until you will make a proper OCR scan, which means to extract text from the image. You usually need special software to do it and the outcome depends on the quality of the scanned files.
Here you have an example of pdf file with extract text to check TTS on your device:
http://fzs.sve-mo.ba/sites/default/f...sti/sample.pdf

Good luck!
wolviex is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-05-2014, 01:20 AM   #3
IngridDonders
IngridDonders can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterIngridDonders can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterIngridDonders can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterIngridDonders can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterIngridDonders can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterIngridDonders can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterIngridDonders can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterIngridDonders can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterIngridDonders can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterIngridDonders can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterIngridDonders can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Onyx Boox
Thanks for your reply. The PDF file is just an image, no highlights. I will try your advice. Hopefully this will solve my problem. Thanks again.
IngridDonders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 10:22 AM   #4
mSSM
Connoisseur? Addict!
mSSM plays well with othersmSSM plays well with othersmSSM plays well with othersmSSM plays well with othersmSSM plays well with othersmSSM plays well with othersmSSM plays well with othersmSSM plays well with othersmSSM plays well with othersmSSM plays well with othersmSSM plays well with others

Device: Onyx M92
So what you are saying is that you have a PDF document, which is basically a container for an image file.

How exactly do you expect the software to read an image file? This is a completely asinine request.

Also, be more specific in your thread title. "Please help me!!" is not exactly specific.
mSSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 08:15 PM   #5
markom
Banned
markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony prs t1 kindle dx ipad
Quote:
Originally Posted by mSSM View Post
So what you are saying is that you have a PDF document, which is basically a container for an image file.

How exactly do you expect the software to read an image file? This is a completely asinine request.

Also, be more specific in your thread title. "Please help me!!" is not exactly specific.
It is not that far fetched for non-savvy users to assume that software could turn pdf image into txt automatically, page by page, and read it, because afterall there are such apps for iOS and Android.

Last edited by markom; 06-05-2014 at 08:35 PM.
markom is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert