Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader > Sony Reader Dev Corner

Notices

Old 09-11-2007, 07:46 PM   #31
anathema
Enthusiast
anathema began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Keyboard 3G
I second two things:

The native HTML viewing capabilities, and the folder view (tree/file view) on the reader itself.

Are there any technical reasons these could not be implemented, perhaps using the hacked SDK that someone here posted? Just took a cursory glance but the SDK apears to have bitmap functions, which is most of what I would need to write my own viewers etc. I know some programming(I'm in the EE field) and know a friend (in the programming field) who might also be interested. I've read a lot of posts, plus the hacking section of the Wiki, and couldn't find any concrete answers one way or the other.

Someone has gone through the trouble of getting a flash memory map so that should help me along.

Any attempts in this area?
anathema is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 08:27 PM   #32
Hadrien
Feedbooks.com Co-Founder
Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.

Device: Sony PRS-t-1/350/300/500/505/600/700, Nexus S, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
There already is a Sudoku generator out there but what good is it? On the Sony it isn't good. We have no way to input the numbers. On the iLiad it works because you can hand draw in the numbers. So unless we have a way to put in the anwers it's worthles son the Sony. Sorry.
Here it is: http://www.feedbooks.com/news/sudoku

Well even though you can't do the sudoku directly on your Sony Reader, you can generate sudokus, take the reader with you and solve these sudokus on paper. But I must admit that we really created this sudoku feature with the iLiad in mind...
Hadrien is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert