Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 09-10-2010, 07:13 PM   #1
Acousticvillage
Enthusiast
Acousticvillage can illuminate an eclipseAcousticvillage can illuminate an eclipseAcousticvillage can illuminate an eclipseAcousticvillage can illuminate an eclipseAcousticvillage can illuminate an eclipseAcousticvillage can illuminate an eclipseAcousticvillage can illuminate an eclipseAcousticvillage can illuminate an eclipseAcousticvillage can illuminate an eclipseAcousticvillage can illuminate an eclipseAcousticvillage can illuminate an eclipse

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, iPad, Marvin 3, Mapleread
Philosophical and Moral Question of the day

Just reflecting on the latest developments re a certain Pastor and a certain Holy Book.

I am a big scaredy cat and won't be there in person on the day. However, I have an e-book version of the Koran and am planning to delete it!!

Does this count?
Acousticvillage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 07:28 PM   #2
happy_terd
Banned
happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS 420
Only if you put in on CD and then burn the CD.
happy_terd is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-10-2010, 07:44 PM   #3
ardeegee
Maratus speciosus butt
ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-350
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acousticvillage View Post
I am a big scaredy cat and won't be there in person on the day. However, I have an e-book version of the Koran and am planning to delete it!!
If the only reason you would not wish to attend a book burning is out of fear... well, I won't descend into a personal attack-- that stands for itself.
ardeegee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 10:20 PM   #4
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acousticvillage View Post
Just reflecting on the latest developments re a certain Pastor and a certain Holy Book.

Does this count?
I think you embody the negativity that too many people in this country express and causes so many problems. this is a matter of free speech regardless how repugnant it is.

Flag Burning is legal in this country and it makes me crazy that the flag can be disrespected so. but it is our RIGHT as citizens of this country to have these freedoms to make these statements. I wore the uniform for many years to allow idiots like this out of control pastor to perform a truly stupid action. 2 of my exes, my son, my niece, my brother in law and my son in law also either are actively wearing the uniform or have worn the uniform to give idiots like this pastor and self righteous scardey cats like you the right to do it and be safe in your actions.

go ahead and delte your Koran. walk around and feel smug about it. have you even read it?

I think this is a foolish, stupid, ill-informed, dangerous act. when any form of book burnings begin and are tolerated, society quickly begins to break down.
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 11:02 PM   #5
happy_terd
Banned
happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

He accomplished the statement he wanted to make though. He shook sh*t up like crazy.

Them religious nuts got their panties ruffled.

----------------

Last edited by happy_terd; 09-11-2010 at 03:23 AM.
Advert
Old 09-10-2010, 11:06 PM   #6
SneakySnake
I'm watching you!
SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-900(unused lately) iPadAir2, want me Kindle Oasis
I think his struggling church may have found a way to fund their next big jesus statue!

I wonder who paid the payola?
SneakySnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 11:08 PM   #7
ardeegee
Maratus speciosus butt
ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-350
Quote:
Originally Posted by kindlekitten View Post
I think this is a foolish, stupid, ill-informed, dangerous act. when any form of book burnings begin and are tolerated, society quickly begins to break down.
Now let's be fair to the principled stand that the members of Dove World Outreach are trying to make here.

On the one hand, you have a group of ignorant, superstitious people who’s insular religion teaches them to distrust the outside world and any who don’t share their strict interpretation of their religious texts. They gravitate towards charismatic leaders for whom the only thing as strong as their conviction that they are following the direct instructions of their god is their unwillingness to attempt to understand opposing views. They have been largely dissatisfied with their lot in life and look to their religious faith to supply them with comfort and surety— but still harbor a seething anger and hatred for those who they blame for their condition. Their strongest desire is to be rewarded in the afterlife for their faithful service and sacrifice to their god, and are assured that, in the end, all unbelievers will be destroyed in a world-ending act of holy war, leaving no unbelievers behind to sully their eternal reward.

Then, on the other hand, you have the terrorists.
ardeegee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 11:19 PM   #8
happy_terd
Banned

true BUT us in the free world can tell the Christian faith to kiss our ass. No one has to join. We can simply not join team jesus.

If what you are saying "you have a group of ignorant, superstitious people " is true then the people who joined the Christian faith LOGICALLY had to be ****** up in the head to begin with.

If that is the case then whatever God or banner they gathered behind wouldnt have mattered. A group of crazy however you classify it is still a group of crazy. Even in a world with no religion they would have gotten together to spread terror somehow.

Last edited by happy_terd; 09-11-2010 at 03:45 AM. Reason: profanity removed by MR moderation team
Old 09-11-2010, 01:49 AM   #9
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
nah' I think ardeegee is just pointing out the utter absurdity of the mindset behind scary folks like that
Old 09-11-2010, 03:07 AM   #10
happy_terd
Banned

As am I.

I am saying that it isnt religion that makes someone have that absurd mindset. A person has to be screwed up in the head to begin with to be that way and choose that lifestyle.
Old 09-11-2010, 03:11 AM   #11
happy_terd
Banned

If you find 30 people living in a barn killing strangers in the name of Jesus it really isn't fair to classify them with the rest of the millions of Christians.

---------

My main point is that religion is harmless. I believe that the same people in charge and killing in some god's name would be doing the same thing under a different banner if there was no such thing as religion.

Last edited by happy_terd; 09-11-2010 at 03:17 AM.
Old 09-11-2010, 05:50 AM   #12
nohmi2
Pensively observing.
nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Varied.

The only trouble with this sort of situation is that it can descend into a tit-for-tat competition. We have troops in areas which make them very vulnerable to revenge attacks.

Although, upon reflection I cannot see the pastor sending in suicide bombers into public areas to cause mayhem.

This is an instance which makes me realise why I went off of 'bricks and mortar' religion many, many years ago.

Who was it who said "When they start burning books, can people be far behind?".
nohmi2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 07:18 AM   #13
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by nohmi2 View Post

Who was it who said "When they start burning books, can people be far behind?".
Perhaps quite literally in this case.....
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 07:47 AM   #14
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress

Quote:
Originally Posted by happy_terd View Post
My main point is that religion is harmless. I believe that the same people in charge and killing in some god's name would be doing the same thing under a different banner if there was no such thing as religion.
oh see, I completely disagree. I think organized religion can be, is, and has been one of the most destructive forces on the planet
Old 09-11-2010, 07:48 AM   #15
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by kindlekitten View Post
oh see, I completely disagree. I think organized religion can be, is, and has been one of the most destructive forces on the planet

This!
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote