Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 09-14-2010, 09:52 PM   #61
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyingredgoat View Post
Well, it's finally arrived, and the price is $100.00.

http://www.ectaco.com/jetbook-mini-black/

FRG
And that is one ugly reader.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 12:04 AM   #62
bill_mchale
Wizard
bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch, HPC Evo 4G LTE
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
And that is one ugly reader.
I actually think it is a rather sleek unit myself. Certainly one where form follows function as opposed to the other way around, which I think is pretty common with a lot of the current crop of readers (with a few exceptions like the Pocketbook 360).

--
Bill
bill_mchale is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-15-2010, 04:35 AM   #63
brecklundin
Banned
brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: mine
I have to say, I don't hate the new Mini...it looks to have a close second to my preference to the Pocketbook 360 as my 5" reader of choice. But at under $100 it's worth keeping an eye on...and these days I can say I won't be buying into any new reader or slate devices in their early generations, especially the first generations. But the Mini is at leasy built on a previous generation device.

I wish the finish on the case was more of a matte finish though. I find any shiny, even slightly, distracting so I avoid all devices with glossy cases and/or display panels.
brecklundin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 07:34 AM   #64
Flyingredgoat
Flyingredgoat is on a distinguished road

Device: Jetbook mini / Handspring Visor
Quote:
Originally Posted by brecklundin View Post
I have to say, I don't hate the new Mini...it looks to have a close second to my preference to the Pocketbook 360 as my 5" reader of choice. But at under $100 it's worth keeping an eye on...and these days I can say I won't be buying into any new reader or slate devices in their early generations, especially the first generations. But the Mini is at leasy built on a previous generation device.

I wish the finish on the case was more of a matte finish though. I find any shiny, even slightly, distracting so I avoid all devices with glossy cases and/or display panels.
I don't hate it either, but with only 2 formats, I don't have much use for it.

frg
Flyingredgoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 11:57 AM   #65
ardeegee
Maratus speciosus butt
ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-350
Quote:
Originally Posted by brecklundin View Post
I have to say, I don't hate the new Mini.
I'd be chomping at the bit to buy one, if it had at least as many formats supported as the Jetbook Lite. None of this "conversion through Calibre" bs. As it is now, I'd take one if it came for free in a box of Count Chocula, and little else.
ardeegee is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert