Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 09-30-2013, 06:02 AM   #1
EbookNovice
Banned
EbookNovice solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.EbookNovice solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.EbookNovice solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.EbookNovice solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.EbookNovice solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.EbookNovice solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.EbookNovice solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.EbookNovice solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.EbookNovice solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.EbookNovice solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.EbookNovice solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.

Device: none
.MOBI: How to read this on Sony PRST2?

Hi all, I've got a .MOBI file I'd like to read on my Sony PRS-T2. I just wanted to know how I could do this without losing the formatting etc? I'd like to read it the same way I read a .epub.

Thank you for any help!
EbookNovice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 06:12 AM   #2
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbookNovice View Post
Hi all, I've got a .MOBI file I'd like to read on my Sony PRS-T2. I just wanted to know how I could do this without losing the formatting etc? I'd like to read it the same way I read a .epub.

Thank you for any help!
Use calibre to convert it to an ePub.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-04-2013, 06:34 AM   #3
EbookNovice
Banned
EbookNovice solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.EbookNovice solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.EbookNovice solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.EbookNovice solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.EbookNovice solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.EbookNovice solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.EbookNovice solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.EbookNovice solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.EbookNovice solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.EbookNovice solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.EbookNovice solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.

Great, thanks!
Old 10-04-2013, 08:50 AM   #4
EbookNovice
Banned

Also, I have many .pdf ebooks. Is it possible to convert these to .epub?
Old 10-04-2013, 09:20 AM   #5
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Not easily. Most PDFs conatain no information about the structure of the text, so conversions are often full of errors. Calibre will try to convert for you, but the result might not be pretty.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-04-2013, 01:11 PM   #6
bla
E bookworm
bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS T1,Android Tablet, I phone
I have found that with some pdfs doing an intermediate convert to txt format and then to epub will work.. however a lot of pdf files are just graphic with very little text.. calibre will get stuck on some of these.. if you have ms word with the pdf plugin you can import it into word and turn it into a text file good luck
bla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 12:26 PM   #7
EbookNovice
Banned

Alright, thanks guys!
Old 10-07-2013, 10:50 AM   #8
Donatzsky
Donatzsky shares his or her toysDonatzsky shares his or her toysDonatzsky shares his or her toysDonatzsky shares his or her toysDonatzsky shares his or her toysDonatzsky shares his or her toysDonatzsky shares his or her toysDonatzsky shares his or her toysDonatzsky shares his or her toysDonatzsky shares his or her toysDonatzsky shares his or her toys

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by bla View Post
I have found that with some pdfs doing an intermediate convert to txt format and then to epub will work.. however a lot of pdf files are just graphic with very little text.. calibre will get stuck on some of these.. if you have ms word with the pdf plugin you can import it into word and turn it into a text file good luck
LibreOffice can do it as well.
Donatzsky is offline   Reply With Quote