Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 10-12-2012, 03:53 AM   #211
Franky90
Franky90 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch 5.1.2
ma silver tu sei un italiano? xD allora posso evitare di usare google traduttore per caso hai qualche mezzo di comunicazione? tipo skype o robe simili?
Franky90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 08:52 AM   #212
silver18
THE NOOB
silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch 5.3.2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franky90 View Post
ma silver tu sei un italiano? xD allora posso evitare di usare google traduttore per caso hai qualche mezzo di comunicazione? tipo skype o robe simili?
Ti ho mandato un MP!!
silver18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-12-2012, 09:20 AM   #213
jakobim
Enthusiast
jakobim shares his or her toysjakobim shares his or her toysjakobim shares his or her toysjakobim shares his or her toysjakobim shares his or her toysjakobim shares his or her toysjakobim shares his or her toysjakobim shares his or her toysjakobim shares his or her toysjakobim shares his or her toysjakobim shares his or her toys

Device: Kindle Touch
Version 2.0:
Auto jump to last thing you read -> HELL YEAH!
"Underflow" to previous chapter -> HEL... oops, it always jumps to the first page of the previous chapter. Is there any way for you to make it jump to the last page of the previous chapter (like browsing a real comic)? It probably makes it harder as every chapter could have a different length.

Oh, and btw, you're still programming in WAF ... didn't you want to change to Java
jakobim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 09:23 AM   #214
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
@jakobim: This forum jumps to the first post of the previous page also -
It is just a behavior to prepare you for how the viewer works.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 09:33 AM   #215
silver18
THE NOOB
silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakobim View Post
Version 2.0:
Auto jump to last thing you read -> HELL YEAH!
"Underflow" to previous chapter -> HEL... oops, it always jumps to the first page of the previous chapter. Is there any way for you to make it jump to the last page of the previous chapter (like browsing a real comic)? It probably makes it harder as every chapter could have a different length.

Oh, and btw, you're still programming in WAF ... didn't you want to change to Java
I already have access to each comic's number of pages (I use it to provide the page counting in titlebar and the control in "jump to page").
The "underflow" feature works just like when opening a new comic: it jumps to the furthest bookmark or, if not present, to the first page.
To be honest I find jumping to last page a bit useless when "underflowing": personally I would prefer to jump to the first page.
Anyway, I could easily solve this.
Advert
Old 10-12-2012, 09:55 AM   #216
silver18
THE NOOB

Quote:
hello new versions you can add a screen refresh when electronic changes? it is sad to see a page behind another
I could turn on page refresh with:
Code:
lipc-set-prop com.lab126.winmgr refreshOnTurn true
but it doesn't affect WAFs (you can check it out by enabling the corresponding option in Kindle's settings menu).
Old 10-16-2012, 04:34 AM   #217
jojowerfer
jojowerfer began at the beginning.

Device: KT 5.1.0
Once again, thanks for the great update!
jojowerfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 05:21 AM   #218
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by silver18 View Post
I will definitely do it ASAP!
To be honest, I have to search them myself as I prefer "one-shot" comics (Will Eisner, Breccia...) while most of free comics are webcomics.
The downsides of webcomics are:
- they come out one page at a time
- they generally don't provide "packages"
Anyway I'll try to provide some links, maybe I'll find something good also for me!
Ah excellent. : ) appreciated
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 05:36 AM   #219
Franky90

ciao ma l'adjust scroll a cosa serve? io pensavo per scorrere l'immagine più in basso però non funziona
Old 10-16-2012, 06:32 AM   #220
silver18
THE NOOB

Quote:
Originally Posted by twobob View Post
Ah excellent. : ) appreciated
Here's a small list of comics:

For lack of a better comic
XKCD
Cyanide & Happiness
The far side
Jesus Christ: in the name of the gun
ZeroCalcare (in italian)

As regards non-free comics, I really like Will Eisner, Breccia, Enrique Sánchez Abulí and quite all Argentine comics.

Quote:
ciao ma l'adjust scroll a cosa serve? io pensavo per scorrere l'immagine più in basso però non funziona
l'adjust scroll serve a impostare di quanto viene scrollata l'immagine quando premi sulla barra trasparente in fondo allo schermo (guarda l'immagine con i pulsanti nella prima pagina di questa discussione).

Here is something new:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot_2012-10-16T12_17_15-0200.gif
Views:	234
Size:	104.9 KB
ID:	94212  
Old 10-18-2012, 07:08 AM   #221
silver18
THE NOOB

Cover view is substantially ready.
This is an alternative for the dropdown menu, so tap on a cover to open the comic.
I'm thinking about adding a middle step: tap on a cover to zoom it then tap again to open or tap on the background to return to cover view.

Covers are automatically made when running Komic using ImageMagick command line.
They are autoscaled keeping the size ratio and then lightened to avoid ultra-slow scrolling in cover view.
All this takes a while (actually ~1 min for about 20 covers) but I wrote the script to create covers only for newly added folders.

In the meanwhile, here are screenshots:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot_2012-10-18T12_58_07-0200.gif
Views:	296
Size:	27.8 KB
ID:	94365   Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot_2012-10-18T12_27_18-0200.gif
Views:	275
Size:	135.3 KB
ID:	94366  
Old 10-19-2012, 07:45 PM   #222
tanistass
tanistass began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
Question Help! Unable to see any image

I have followed all the steps in order to enjoy my comic collection on the Kindle Touch but it seems is not working.

I have already jailbroken my device, as well as instaled Jailkindlet, JPatch, the Launcher as well as the 2.0 version of Komik.

The application seems to work as it opens normally (attachment 1), but then after loading the comic's folder it doesn't load any image (attachment 2). Instead of that it appears a question mark sign in the middle of the screen (sorry for the bad quality of my picture) and appears a small number in the left corner of kindle.

Could someone please tell my which can be the problem or the error I has been comitting? I don't know if it's related to Java or to some aspect of the launcher. Thanks a lot guys for all your hard work and attention . I cannot wait to enjoy reading my graphic nouveles in my recently tunned Kindle .
Attached Images
File Type: bmp 20121020012800976.bmp (225.1 KB, 273 views)
File Type: bmp 20121020012916287.bmp (225.1 KB, 262 views)

Last edited by tanistass; 10-19-2012 at 07:47 PM.
tanistass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 07:25 AM   #223
Franky90

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanistass View Post
I have followed all the steps in order to enjoy my comic collection on the Kindle Touch but it seems is not working.

I have already jailbroken my device, as well as instaled Jailkindlet, JPatch, the Launcher as well as the 2.0 version of Komik.

The application seems to work as it opens normally (attachment 1), but then after loading the comic's folder it doesn't load any image (attachment 2). Instead of that it appears a question mark sign in the middle of the screen (sorry for the bad quality of my picture) and appears a small number in the left corner of kindle.

Could someone please tell my which can be the problem or the error I has been comitting? I don't know if it's related to Java or to some aspect of the launcher. Thanks a lot guys for all your hard work and attention . I cannot wait to enjoy reading my graphic nouveles in my recently tunned Kindle .
menu/laucher/komik2.0/rename
Old 10-20-2012, 02:53 PM   #224
silver18
THE NOOB

Yep, the most probable problem is a wrong filename pattern.
Did you read the first post where it says something about "images must have correct filename"?
They should be named from 0!
Old 10-20-2012, 05:32 PM   #225
Franky90

oi perchè nel menu dove scegli i fumetti da leggere non fai che le cartelle sono sotto categorie? mi spiego cartella ''one piece'' clicco sul ''+'' escono i volumi e poi i capitoli non sarebbe tutto più bello ed ordinato? (però il sistema di scorrimento delle immagini da volume a volume dovrebbe rimanere lo stesso)

Tags
launcher add-ons