Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 09-25-2012, 11:49 AM   #196
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by silver18 View Post
I tried
Code:
waitforkey > /mnt/us/test.txt &
It detects the touch events, but it stores in txt always "330 1"...
Any clue? Is it possibile to store something like coordinates (just like what eips uses)?

It seems interesting, I never heard of it before!!
I'll read it as it seems to be really usefull for another project I have...
For coordinates, see the geekmaster signature capture script.

Unfortunately, waitforkey does not return coordinates -- just the bare touch event "keycode". It also returns Home button presses, and rotation "keycodes" if the accelerometer is enabled.

Last edited by geekmaster; 09-25-2012 at 11:53 AM.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 12:02 PM   #197
silver18
THE NOOB
silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch 5.3.2
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekmaster View Post
For coordinates, see the geekmaster signature capture script.

Unfortunately, waitforkey does not return coordinates -- just the bare touch event "keycode". It also returns Home button presses, and rotation "keycodes" if the accelerometer is enabled.

Thanks a lot, that's why I can't retrieve the coordinates!!
I ended up using the HOME button (it's also safer, IMHO)...
silver18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-25-2012, 12:11 PM   #198
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Thanks a lot, that's why I can't retrieve the coordinates!!
I ended up using the HOME button (it's also safer, IMHO)...
But the Paperwhite has no Home button!
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 12:21 PM   #199
silver18
THE NOOB
silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by geekmaster View Post
But the Paperwhite has no Home button!
I will face this problem later!!
Maybe with a "wait for cracked screen" event!

Last edited by silver18; 10-02-2012 at 09:55 AM.
Old 10-02-2012, 01:27 PM   #200
Sturmovik
Sturmovik began at the beginning.

Device: kindle touch
Thanks for v1.9. Just love Komic.
Sturmovik is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-02-2012, 02:16 PM   #201
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
I will face this problem later!!
Maybe with a "wait for cracked screen" event!
But it will most likely have an accelerometer -
Enter URL to download from -
Tap bottom edge of Kpw on table to start the download.

Tap top edge of Kpw on table to start an upload.
Cross-site scripting attack access by tapping the sides.
Just think of it as an extension to the finger gestures you might want to use with the device.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 11:30 PM   #202
sway23
sway23 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
Technical dificulties

I'll start by apologizing if this has been addressed before. Actually I'll start by thanking you (silver18) then apologizing.

OK, here we go.
I have of course a kindle touch running Firmware 5.0.4. and it is jailbroken and GUI launcher is installed and you glorious WAF is installed and launches with no problems. but, whenever I open a folder there is no image, just an icon in the middle with a question mark. I have of course used the built in .CBZ and .CBR decompress script as well as rename script. I have also decompressed and rename the .CB* files on the computer and renamed them(using a batch renamer, of course) and copied the folder to /documents/Gallery/ and no dice.

Is there something that can be done or did I mess up somewhere in the process.

Again sorry for the inconvenience and thanks again mate.

sway23
sway23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 01:49 AM   #203
pookakitten
Connoisseur
pookakitten began at the beginning.

Device: K5
My guesses:

1. Update the kindle's firmware--Silver uses the latest version when he develops the WAF.
2. Try renaming the gallery folder to be in lower case.
3. When you put the individual files in, are they in /documents/gallery/title ?
4. Is the file naming scheme 0, 1, 2, 3, etc.?

Last edited by pookakitten; 10-05-2012 at 02:23 AM.
pookakitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 04:05 AM   #204
silver18
THE NOOB

That's true: I use 5.1.2 firmware so Komic is supposed to run fine on that firmware!
The Gallery folder has first letter upper case.
It would be really helpful if you could take a screenshot of the Gallery folder.
Old 10-10-2012, 03:55 AM   #205
Franky90
Franky90 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch 5.1.2
hello works for kindle touch 5.1.2?
sorry for the spelling errors I'm using google translate
Franky90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 04:49 AM   #206
silver18
THE NOOB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franky90 View Post
hello works for kindle touch 5.1.2?
sorry for the spelling errors I'm using google translate
Yes it works!!! Read one post above yours!
Old 10-11-2012, 09:45 AM   #207
silver18
THE NOOB

Version 2.0 is now out.
Check the first post for download and changelog!
Old 10-11-2012, 02:05 PM   #208
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
Dont suppose it would make sense to add a link/download to some FREE/PUBLIC DOMAIN comics on the top thread do you?

You know... for us old folks... It's unusual to provide an application without at least SOME demo content... (people like things to give immediate gratification) viz GM's video thread...

Just a thought.
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 05:11 PM   #209
silver18
THE NOOB

Quote:
Originally Posted by twobob View Post
Dont suppose it would make sense to add a link/download to some FREE/PUBLIC DOMAIN comics on the top thread do you?

You know... for us old folks... It's unusual to provide an application without at least SOME demo content... (people like things to give immediate gratification) viz GM's video thread...

Just a thought.
I will definitely do it ASAP!
To be honest, I have to search them myself as I prefer "one-shot" comics (Will Eisner, Breccia...) while most of free comics are webcomics.
The downsides of webcomics are:
- they come out one page at a time
- they generally don't provide "packages"
Anyway I'll try to provide some links, maybe I'll find something good also for me!
Old 10-12-2012, 03:35 AM   #210
Franky90
Franky90 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch 5.1.2
hello new versions you can add a screen refresh when electronic changes? it is sad to see a page behind another
Franky90 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
launcher add-ons