Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 09-10-2012, 07:41 AM   #166
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by silver18 View Post
Try the new bin update and please report any problem here!
Perhaps people took that request literally.
It asks nothing about reporting successes.

OR...

Perhaps people are just being people.
Anything found for free on the Internet is theirs to use as part of the ecosystem they know, and without comment.
Just like the air they breath is theirs to use without comment.

It is maybe time to post this on Amazon and start charging $2.99 a copy for it.
You might not get any positive feedback ...
But at least you would start getting "refund requests"
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 08:22 AM   #167
pookakitten
Connoisseur
pookakitten began at the beginning.

Device: K5
Quote:
Come on, 63 downloads in 2 days and no feedbacks?
It seems to work fine, otherwise I would have been inundated with comments...
The new install worked like a charm. I love the total pages being given -- I've had your script renumber over 2000 files, just so you know.

I've noticed something, though. I added a new folder and it's at the bottom of the list instead of being where it should be alphabetically. Is this what you expected it to do?
pookakitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-10-2012, 11:55 AM   #168
silver18
THE NOOB
silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch 5.3.2
Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
Perhaps people took that request literally.
It asks nothing about reporting successes.

OR...

Perhaps people are just being people.
Anything found for free on the Internet is theirs to use as part of the ecosystem they know, and without comment.
Just like the air they breath is theirs to use without comment.

It is maybe time to post this on Amazon and start charging $2.99 a copy for it.
You might not get any positive feedback ...
But at least you would start getting "refund requests"
I ask for feedbacks because I like to know what other people think about new featuers (although requested, it's me developing them and this involves my mindset!)
Anyway, $2.99 is about the double of what I would pay for something like Komic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pookakitten View Post
The new install worked like a charm. I love the total pages being given -- I've had your script renumber over 2000 files, just so you know.

I've noticed something, though. I added a new folder and it's at the bottom of the list instead of being where it should be alphabetically. Is this what you expected it to do?
You mean you used the rename script to rename over 2000 files?
Does it work fine with the new sorting algorithm?

Could you please send me the variables.js file in /extensions/komic/bin/resource/Javascripts and tell me which folder has that error?
I need it to see all the folders name and try to understand the problem!!
silver18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 12:11 PM   #169
pookakitten
Connoisseur
pookakitten began at the beginning.

Device: K5
Quote:
You mean you used the rename script to rename over 2000 files?
Does it work fine with the new sorting algorithm?

Could you please send me the variables.js file in /extensions/komic/bin/resource/Javascripts and tell me which folder has that error?
I need it to see all the folders name and try to understand the problem!!
I used the rename script for that huge amount of files - all volumes of the manga "switch." I can't say anything about the sorting algorithm since I used Mangle to transfer the files.

I had all the directories in alphabetical order until I added a new title, switch. Enclosed is the file you requested.

Now it goes like this:

Vampire Knight
switch
xxxHOLiC 2

Hmm, does it sort uppercase when it gets to Z, it does lowercase? If so, the fact that xxxHOLiC starts with lowercase x just hid the issue.
Attached Files
File Type: zip variables.zip (430 Bytes, 165 views)
pookakitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 12:19 PM   #170
silver18
THE NOOB
silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Yep, that's the problem. As uppercase come first, the scritp sorts uppercase folders first, then it proceeds to lowercase folders!
Rename switch and xxxHOLiC 2 to
- Switch
- XxxHoliC 2
and you'll get what you want!
Advert
Old 09-10-2012, 02:47 PM   #171
jakobim
Enthusiast
jakobim shares his or her toysjakobim shares his or her toysjakobim shares his or her toysjakobim shares his or her toysjakobim shares his or her toysjakobim shares his or her toysjakobim shares his or her toysjakobim shares his or her toysjakobim shares his or her toysjakobim shares his or her toysjakobim shares his or her toys

Device: Kindle Touch
Hey there silver18!

Komic 1.9 is beautiful, especially the chapter "overflow" feature to the next chapter. Now if there is a overflow feature, couldn't there also be a underflow feature?

Also, I'm still having problems understanding the Autosave feature. What exactly should it do and how does it work? I thought if turned on, it would take me right to the image I last left off.
jakobim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 02:56 PM   #172
silver18
THE NOOB

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakobim View Post
Hey there silver18!

Komic 1.9 is beautiful, especially the chapter "overflow" feature to the next chapter. Now if there is a overflow feature, couldn't there also be a underflow feature?

Also, I'm still having problems understanding the Autosave feature. What exactly should it do and how does it work? I thought if turned on, it would take me right to the image I last left off.
If ON, Komic will automatically (automagically ) save a bookmark when:
- you return HOME from reading (Komic's HOME, not Kindle's HOME!)
- you change folder while reading
So, if you're reading page 12 on folder "Hello", Komic will save a bookmark at page 12 of folder "Hello".
Anyway, if you already have another bookmark at a page further than 12 (let's say 20), Komic will bring you at this page (20) being the furthest page you read.

I'm still trying to save a bookmark when hitting kindle's home button (I know this must be the correct way it should work) but I can't use onunload & onpause event on a HTML page different from index.html.

As regards underflow, it should be really easy!
Old 09-11-2012, 12:07 AM   #173
NovaTornado
NovaTornado can eat soup with a fork.NovaTornado can eat soup with a fork.NovaTornado can eat soup with a fork.NovaTornado can eat soup with a fork.NovaTornado can eat soup with a fork.NovaTornado can eat soup with a fork.NovaTornado can eat soup with a fork.NovaTornado can eat soup with a fork.NovaTornado can eat soup with a fork.NovaTornado can eat soup with a fork.NovaTornado can eat soup with a fork.

Device: Kindle Touch 5.1.2
First time installing Komic and it works great!
One thing, is it possible for a setting to disable the welcome popup for non 5.1.0 users?
NovaTornado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 03:06 AM   #174
silver18
THE NOOB

Quote:
Originally Posted by NovaTornado View Post
First time installing Komic and it works great!
One thing, is it possible for a setting to disable the welcome popup for non 5.1.0 users?
So you are pre-5.1.0?? I added the popup to solve a problem with firmware from 5.1.0 on.
If you have a 5.0.3 or 5.0.4 you should be able also to use pinch-to-zoom!
Anyway, which firmware do you have?

It could be possible to check the firmware version and enable/disable the popup, I just need to find where that information is stored in the kindle!

(I though firmware pre-5.1.0 can't use lots of feature I added, just like clockwise and anticlockwise rotation....)
Old 09-11-2012, 06:47 AM   #175
Ilogis
Enthusiast
Ilogis began at the beginning.

Device: none
I like all the new features, thanks.

The little thing bother me is landscape mode and scroll value are not saved. Hope you can implement them like the options menu.
Ilogis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 09:06 AM   #176
silver18
THE NOOB

Landscape mode not saved?!
What do you mean?

Scroll value is set at 270px (the right amount for a 3-strip page) and if you change it, the new value is used until you exit Komic.
I can save that value and keep it when you exit Komic.
Old 09-11-2012, 01:17 PM   #177
Ilogis
Enthusiast

It means when I open Komic, it is always in portrait mode, even if I used landscape last time. I hope you can change that.
I want scroll value to be higher, one press and I can go to the bottom of the page. It will be great if I can change the default value and Komic remembers it.

One more thing, in all versions, Komic often automatically quit after a few hundred pages of reading, I wonder if it is only my problem.
Old 09-11-2012, 01:37 PM   #178
silver18
THE NOOB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilogis View Post
It means when I open Komic, it is always in portrait mode, even if I used landscape last time. I hope you can change that.
I want scroll value to be higher, one press and I can go to the bottom of the page. It will be great if I can change the default value and Komic remembers it.

One more thing, in all versions, Komic often automatically quit after a few hundred pages of reading, I wonder if it is only my problem.
I wonder if it is so annoying to switch to landscape mode.
Anyway, I think it could be possible to do it. I will need some shell scripting+javascript.

As regards the default value of scroll, once again it could be possible to set it in option menu.

Finally, I rarely have the force close problem. It seems to be related to memory usage as I get it when viewing big images.
I remember that appreg.db has some entries related to memory limit, but I don't remember if it is related to WAFs (so that I can alter it).
As you can see, Komic is now a huge WAF and, day after day, I realize WAFs are not designed to be like komic is...

Anyway, yesterday I tried to remove the unload policy in appreg.db (unloadOnPause): it works as expected keeping Komic open when pressing home button.
This, anyway, gives lots of problem with memory, so it is useless (IMHO).
Old 09-11-2012, 04:44 PM   #179
silver18
THE NOOB

BTW, everything's done, sir.

Komic remembers now if you were using portrait or landscape and the scroll value you were using last time.

EDIT: I think I found what I was looking for!

In appreg.db you can find:

- memWarnLevel=71680
- memUnloadLevel=150000

and these are used for browser, mysn, odac, store.

I think (I know) it is possible to set those also for Komic (and maybe higher!).
I never saw anything like this in other WAFs, so I'lll try to set those values and see if I encounter the force close again!!!

Last edited by silver18; 09-11-2012 at 05:57 PM.
Old 09-11-2012, 11:41 PM   #180
Ilogis
Enthusiast

Quote:
I wonder if it is so annoying to switch to landscape mode.
Not really, I only gave feedback and hope it could help you improve Komic :-p You had already done great job.

Thanks for your fast support.

Last edited by Ilogis; 09-11-2012 at 11:44 PM.

Tags
launcher add-ons