Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe > enTourage Archive

Notices

Old 05-14-2010, 09:09 PM   #31
grafix
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellowman1 View Post
I have tried several times with the Skyfire apk file (at least 7-8 times) and I cannot get it to get out of that Error. Any ideas?
The Operating System might be the culprit. I installed all those files on a computer with Windows Vista x64 and all I got was errors. I tried switching to XP and voila! I got a Skyfire on Full Screen. Thanks ChrisF!

Old 05-15-2010, 09:39 PM   #32
vicinc
Edge User

working 100% perfect on m y win7 64 bits

Advert
Old 05-17-2010, 09:27 PM   #33
ChrisF
Edge User

Exclamation

Update 1.2 May 17, 2010

* Changed internet hosting, but had to remove APKtool files from zipped package due to bandwidth limitation
* Added option "Skip Source" (speeds up decoding time on your computer)
* Added option "Run ZipAlign" (increases the apps performance in ram on the eDGe. Recommended for all android apps)
* Fixed issue with spaces in path names
* Modified Java Detecter algorithm
* Added Manual JDK error recovery, user types in JDK location, must see javac.exe in folder.
* Added Pref File
* -- Saves JDK Install location
* -- Saves last used APK, preselects it on window refresh
* Added Reset button: Clears contents of Pref file.
* EditXML now changes more than minSdkVersion
* -- Changes Supported Screens for large
* -- Changes screen density to any

Thank you all for your support.

Old 05-17-2010, 09:52 PM   #34
euser1
Edge User

Thumbs up

Very nice!!!

Old 05-17-2010, 10:09 PM   #35
cheyennedonna
Edge User

Thanks! This is great.

Advert
Old 05-18-2010, 12:43 AM   #36
edgelover
Edge User

Does anyone know if this will work on a mac?

Old 05-20-2010, 09:56 AM   #37
Szeipusz
Edge User

The new version is superb. I received many - let's say warning - messages during the build but I was able to convert the comic viewer to the screen size of the eDGe. I can't wait to test it on other applications.

Thanks a lot for your effort ChrisF!!!!!

Old 05-25-2010, 12:26 PM   #38
Cleanclothes
Edge User

I cannot tell you, nor stress, nor say this enough.... THANK YOU!!!!!

Runs groovy on Win7 Ult x64. =) THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!

Old 05-25-2010, 07:33 PM   #39
10tklz
Edge User

Hello, I'm trying to run this on XP but I'm getting: ERROR: Cannot verify file signature. This is likely a problem with APKtool.
If this error is persistant, please post the conents of the text box on the eDGe forum thread.

Here are the contents:
May 25, 2010 7:33:15 PM brut.androlib.Androlib buildSourcesRaw
INFO: Copying classes.dex file...
May 25, 2010 7:33:15 PM brut.androlib.Androlib buildResourcesFull
INFO: Building resources...
May 25, 2010 7:33:18 PM brut.androlib.Androlib buildApk
INFO: Building apk file...
'jarsigner' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.
Unable to open 'Apps\AndSudoku\dist\Rebuilt.apk' as zip archive

C:\AppsDecoder_1-2\AppsDecoder_1-2>echo Building and signing App AndSudoku.apk
Building and signing App AndSudoku.apk

C:\AppsDecoder_1-2\AppsDecoder_1-2>cd /D C:\AppsDecoder_1-2\AppsDecoder_1-2

C:\AppsDecoder_1-2\AppsDecoder_1-2>java -jar apktool.jar -v b -f "Apps\AndSudoku"

C:\AppsDecoder_1-2\AppsDecoder_1-2>jarsigner -keystore eDGe.keystore -storePass eDGe12 -keypass eDGe12 -signedjar "Apps\AndSudoku\dist\Rebuilt.apk" "Apps\AndSudoku\dist\out.apk" eDGe

C:\AppsDecoder_1-2\AppsDecoder_1-2>jarsigner -verify "Apps\AndSudoku\dist\Rebuilt.apk"

C:\AppsDecoder_1-2\AppsDecoder_1-2>zipalign -f 4 "Apps\AndSudoku\dist\Rebuilt.apk" "RebuiltApps\AndSudoku_INSTALL.apk"

C:\AppsDecoder_1-2\AppsDecoder_1-2>

Last edited by 10tklz; 05-25-2010 at 09:33 PM.

Old 05-25-2010, 10:41 PM   #40
ChrisF
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10tklz View Post
Did you also have to use the manual java install entry? What this error is saying is that it cannot find jarsigner in the JDK directory. This can be an error when the JDK is not properly appended to the windows path variable or the JDK is not installed.
Could you give me more information about your machine. If memory serves you run Linux so is this from within Wine?
If you are on an XP or win7 machine thing that will help me correct this for you are:
1) Did the JDK location get appended to your path variable. start>run>cmd[enter]>type: path[enter]
Check to see if the JDK is there ie: c:\Windows;c:\Windows\System32;C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.6.0\bin
2) Is there a valid registry key for the JDK?
Start>run>regedit[enter]
The key you need to look for is: "HKey_Local_Machine" "Software" "JavaSoft" "Java Development Kit" <installed version> "JavaHome"
The JavaHome key needs to point to where your JDK is installed.

I apologize for the wall of text, but this problem with the Java in the path has been a thorn in my side for this project :| When I tried to use absolute paths when calling jarsigner it overran the input buffer :'(

Old 05-25-2010, 11:25 PM   #41
Dellaster
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisF View Post
I apologize for the wall of text, but this problem with the Java in the path has been a thorn in my side for this project :| When I tried to use absolute paths when calling jarsigner it overran the input buffer :'(
Chris, you are generously attempting to make a task formerly doable only by people savvy in developer kits and command lines accessible to those who may never have heard of a "JDK" before. Nobody can fault you for not being able to test and debug on every possible OS and configuration. Even major software houses have headaches with that kind of thing.

Thank you very much for your kind efforts. Yes, I happen to be someone able to do it myself "by hand", but it's sooo much nicer to not have to.

Old 05-26-2010, 04:58 AM   #42
Yellowman1
Edge User

@ChrisF:

Thanks for decoding the files for me. This is the exact same error I get when I try to run the program on my XP and Win7 machines (glad I'm not the only one getting this error, I've been kind of feeling stupid :-) ). So how do I fix this?

Thanks for your help,

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10tklz View Post
Hello, I'm trying to run this on XP but I'm getting: ERROR: Cannot verify file signature. This is likely a problem with APKtool.
If this error is persistant, please post the conents of the text box on the eDGe forum thread.

Here are the contents:
May 25, 2010 7:33:15 PM brut.androlib.Androlib buildSourcesRaw
INFO: Copying classes.dex file...
May 25, 2010 7:33:15 PM brut.androlib.Androlib buildResourcesFull
INFO: Building resources...
May 25, 2010 7:33:18 PM brut.androlib.Androlib buildApk
INFO: Building apk file...
Unable to open 'Apps\AndSudoku\dist\Rebuilt.apk' as zip archive

C:\AppsDecoder_1-2\AppsDecoder_1-2>echo Building and signing App AndSudoku.apk
Building and signing App AndSudoku.apk

C:\AppsDecoder_1-2\AppsDecoder_1-2>cd /D C:\AppsDecoder_1-2\AppsDecoder_1-2

C:\AppsDecoder_1-2\AppsDecoder_1-2>java -jar apktool.jar -v b -f "Apps\AndSudoku"

C:\AppsDecoder_1-2\AppsDecoder_1-2>jarsigner -keystore eDGe.keystore -storePass eDGe12 -keypass eDGe12 -signedjar "Apps\AndSudoku\dist\Rebuilt.apk" "Apps\AndSudoku\dist\out.apk" eDGe

C:\AppsDecoder_1-2\AppsDecoder_1-2>jarsigner -verify "Apps\AndSudoku\dist\Rebuilt.apk"

C:\AppsDecoder_1-2\AppsDecoder_1-2>zipalign -f 4 "Apps\AndSudoku\dist\Rebuilt.apk" "RebuiltApps\AndSudoku_INSTALL.apk"

C:\AppsDecoder_1-2\AppsDecoder_1-2>

Old 05-26-2010, 05:54 PM   #43
10tklz
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisF View Post
Did you also have to use the manual java install entry? What this error is saying is that it cannot find jarsigner in the JDK directory. This can be an error when the JDK is not properly appended to the windows path variable or the JDK is not installed.
Could you give me more information about your machine. If memory serves you run Linux so is this from within Wine?
If you are on an XP or win7 machine thing that will help me correct this for you are:
1) Did the JDK location get appended to your path variable. start>run>cmd[enter]>type: path[enter]
Check to see if the JDK is there ie: c:\Windows;c:\Windows\System32;C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.6.0\bin
2) Is there a valid registry key for the JDK?
Start>run>regedit[enter]
The key you need to look for is: "HKey_Local_Machine" "Software" "JavaSoft" "Java Development Kit" <installed version> "JavaHome"
The JavaHome key needs to point to where your JDK is installed.

Thank you for helping! I am doing this on an XP machine. I installed Java sdk. There is a valid registry key. When I type 'path' the jdk isn't there but when I go to 'environment variables' it is. What else can I tell you?

Old 05-30-2010, 06:41 AM   #44
Snark70
Edge User

Hi ChrisF - wonder if you can advise. Ive been trying to decode an App and it seems to be taking a very long time - I left it all night just in case but that hasnt worked yet. The file is 1270kb - is that too large for your programme to work on?

The following is the info that the programme is showing - I restarted it just now in case it was stuck.

All help welcome.

30-May-2010 11:23:55 brut.androlib.Androlib decodeSourcesRaw
INFO: Copying raw classes.dex file...
30-May-2010 11:23:55 brut.androlib.Androlib getResTable
INFO: Decoding resource table...
30-May-2010 11:23:59 brut.androlib.Androlib decodeResourcesFull
INFO: Decoding resources...
30-May-2010 11:24:00 brut.androlib.Androlib decodeRawFiles
INFO: Copying assets and libs...

This is a follow up - after waiting till about 10pm last night the info said:

30-May-2010 12:54:04 brut.androlib.Androlib decodeSourcesRaw
30-May-2010 12:54:04 brut.androlib.Androlib getResTable
30-May-2010 12:54:04 brut.androlib.Androlib decodeResourcesFull
30-May-2010 12:54:05 brut.androlib.Androlib decodeRawFiles

So I decided to run the code and rebuild. Putting the file on to my Edge - it says:

Application not installed
com.glu.android.bgd could not be installed on your eDGe

Any help on what has gone wrong, gratefully received. - Ah found out that I have to delete the original one and reload. It works really well! Many thanks for that.

Last edited by Snark70; 05-31-2010 at 05:26 AM. Reason: updated with new information

Old 05-31-2010, 03:30 PM   #45
ChrisF
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snark70 View Post
Hi ChrisF - wonder if you can advise. Ive been trying to decode an App and it seems to be taking a very long time - I left it all night just in case but that hasnt worked yet. The file is 1270kb - is that too large for your programme to work on?

The following is the info that the programme is showing - I restarted it just now in case it was stuck.

All help welcome.

30-May-2010 11:23:55 brut.androlib.Androlib decodeSourcesRaw
30-May-2010 11:23:55 brut.androlib.Androlib getResTable
30-May-2010 11:23:59 brut.androlib.Androlib decodeResourcesFull
30-May-2010 11:24:00 brut.androlib.Androlib decodeRawFiles

This is a follow up - after waiting till about 10pm last night the info said:

30-May-2010 12:54:04 brut.androlib.Androlib decodeSourcesRaw
30-May-2010 12:54:04 brut.androlib.Androlib getResTable
30-May-2010 12:54:04 brut.androlib.Androlib decodeResourcesFull
30-May-2010 12:54:05 brut.androlib.Androlib decodeRawFiles

So I decided to run the code and rebuild. Putting the file on to my Edge - it says:

Application not installed
com.glu.android.bgd could not be installed on your eDGe

Any help on what has gone wrong, gratefully received. - Ah found out that I have to delete the original one and reload. It works really well! Many thanks for that.
The only steps I can recommend to you is to re-download the latest version of APKtool from http://code.google.com/p/android-apktool/. If that does not work send that author an email or post on his development thread.