Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 02-14-2013, 11:30 AM   #16
rgeorg
Guru
rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3/3G(2x), Glo HD, Amazon Voyage
How nice, most all my favorite "posters" are here

Most of my purchases were made on your recommendations and I thank you! It was really difficult to guess at best uses from here (sight unseen). I would have never thought of the sgp5, but it is just great. Screen is perfect for me as it just makes everything a bit larger. And with 6 homescreens, there is room for widgets and whatever. I stick it in mybag and just take it everywhere. The camera comes in handy also.

I installed Mandano reader onthe kf , just yesterday, and have started using collections. Very nice. Am using Moon+ Pro on sgp, I forget why, I think New suggested it, and I like it. I'll install Mandano also and do some trials. I am still learning about all this. Right now I have to read 4-5 books so that I can recommend for a bookclub in a couple of weeks. So it's a good time for reading experiments!

I'll surely figure out the Clip Zip at some point.
rgeorg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 01:51 PM   #17
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgeorg View Post

I'll surely figure out the Clip Zip at some point.
The Clip Zip automatically remember the last position played on each book. Make sure the folder is AUDIOBOOKS All Caps. If that doesn't work Reformat the Device or Card and start over.

If you still get Permissions denied see this thread and this one

You should be able to drop and drag folders into the Zip Clip with no problems.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 01:32 AM   #18
SeaKing
Frequent Flier
SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KB kindle aboard, Galx Tab 7.0 Plus, trying out Droid 1 as mini-tab
Quote:
Originally Posted by new View Post
You would be amazed at the quality of the SGP5 for reading books. Watch a video on Youtube on the player. I can't find it right now. But someone here linked it.
That is encouraging.
SeaKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 02:48 AM   #19
rgeorg
Guru
rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
The Clip Zip automatically remember the last position played on each book. Make sure the folder is AUDIOBOOKS All Caps. If that doesn't work Reformat the Device or Card and start over.

Thanks, I'll check that.

If I install the same version of Mantano (1.6.3) reader on the SGP5, will it sync between the KFHD? Perhaps via Dropbox or something?
I will try to install Moon+ Pro on the KFHD, but Amazon says it won't run, so it probably won't. I'd like to sync between the devices.

The Calendar sync is convenient. I can update on-the-run and it shows up when I review dates in the evening or am.
Old 02-15-2013, 03:11 AM   #20
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Thanks, I'll check that.

If I install the same version of Mantano (1.6.3) reader on the SGP5, will it sync between the KFHD? Perhaps via Dropbox or something?
I will try to install Moon+ Pro on the KFHD, but Amazon says it won't run, so it probably won't. I'd like to sync between the devices.
It will if you pay for their cloud service. I pay $10 a year for syncing with Mantano. I love it! It puts Amazon's cloud to shame and the funny thing is it's hosted on Amazon's server.
Old 02-15-2013, 11:08 AM   #21
rgeorg
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post

I think that I have a gremlin inside the Clip Zip. I had error messages attaching it to the PC, and when it attached I could no longer see any files. So, I looked up the User's Guide to see what is the difference between "format" and "reset to factory" - still unclear about that one - and saw about setting USB to auto-detect. Did that and could now see files, but there were TWO "Audiobooks" folders! One had my files in it (the ones that only show up in Music albums). So, I tried to change that name of the folder to all caps as Blossum suggests, then I opened another window to try and copy one set of audiobook files to the original Audiobook folder.
--sorry for complicated explanation, but it is unusual!
When I looked back the AUDIOBOOKS folder had reverted to again another "Audiobooks" in mixed case characters!! However, when I tried to copy an audiobook from my folder into the original, it let me this time! And the one audiobook that I copied, but not the others, showed up under audiobooks on the device and acted basically just as an audiobook ought to (resume...).

Not to question technology too much, I have decided just to copy the remaining 2 audiobooks to the original Audiobooks folder and leave the folder that I created. Perhaps I'll try to delete it? I hate to change anything when it seems to be working.

Moving along to the next question:
Now I want to set up the 16GB mSD card with music and audiobooks. I'll fill it on the PC with an adapter and then insert it in the Clip Zip. Do I organize the media under folders: Music and Audiobooks?

This has been one of my funnier experiences with technology, but it appears to be working, and is really just a spare player in any case so I am not too stressed about it.

Last edited by rgeorg; 02-15-2013 at 11:11 AM.
Old 02-15-2013, 12:22 PM   #22
new
K3, K4B, KDX, KFHD, PW1&2
new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4B, KDX3G, KFHD, PW1, PW2
Quote:
Thanks, I'll check that.

Moon + Pro will sync with dropbox, I haven't tried it yet. But I just sync with dropbox itself and get the books that way.

Moon + Pro will and does work with KFHD, I have it on my KFHD, got it from Google Play. They are constantly updating their program too.

Sansa Zip Clip: I would format and reset, you shouldn't have to setup any audiobooks folder it should be there. Are you syncing with Overdrive books? If so you have to click/ tell it to go to your Audiobooks folder.
new is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 01:08 PM   #23
rgeorg
Guru

Hi New,
No Overdrive. All seems to be working fine now, I deleted my extra Audiobooks folder. The earplug port is sticky, but that happens I suppose. Do you have books/music on a mSD card? How are the folders organized?

Good news about Moon+, I'll try it with kfhd.
Old 02-15-2013, 01:50 PM   #24
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Hi New,
No Overdrive. All seems to be working fine now, I deleted my extra Audiobooks folder. The earplug port is sticky, but that happens I suppose. Do you have books/music on a mSD card? How are the folders organized?

It sounds like your device may be defective I would contact Sansa Support for a replacement if Factory reset doesn't fix it.
Old 02-15-2013, 02:02 PM   #25
new
K3, K4B, KDX, KFHD, PW1&2
new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4B, KDX3G, KFHD, PW1, PW2
Quote:
Hi New,

What do you mean the earplug port is sticky? I noticed it seems to slip out easy, is that what you mean?

I only use the Zip for Overdrive wma books they are free and more plentiful than mp3 on Overdrive.
new is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 02:16 PM   #26
rgeorg
Guru

It seems to be working alright now. Headphones do work, although touchy. I'll try the "marshmallow" headphones I bought (that you recommended :-) and see perhaps they will fit better. I am in Greece and a replacement would be big trouble to negotiate and send. I'll try using it for awhile and see. The firmware update software didn't work either, but I am hoping that doesn't matter.
You are probably correct, but just too much trouble for me.
Old 02-15-2013, 02:20 PM   #27
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
It seems to be working alright now. Headphones do work, although touchy. I'll try the "marshmallow" headphones I bought (that you recommended :-) and see perhaps they will fit better. I am in Greece and a replacement would be big trouble to negotiate and send. I'll try using it for awhile and see. The firmware update software didn't work either, but I am hoping that doesn't matter.
You are probably correct, but just too much trouble for me.
Did you do a factory reset? Are you using a MicroSD Card? What operating system is your PC?
Old 02-15-2013, 02:32 PM   #28
rgeorg
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by new View Post
What do you mean the earplug port is sticky? I noticed it seems to slip out easy, is that what you mean?

I only use the Zip for Overdrive wma books they are free and more plentiful than mp3 on Overdrive.
Yes, if the (Samsung) earphones are pushed all the way in, they do not work. However, about 3/4 in and they are fine. Or I have to wiggle them a bit. I just have to make sure that they will stay in while I walk. That would be a "returnable" offense.

I just listen to plain old mp3 files. Sometimes I have to set tags to set an album name. I use a free utility pgm for that. Very simple. I try to minimize the number of programs I use.

It cost about $30 if I remember. Not trivial, but not enough to get upset over. I can always reuse the mSD card for something else. The SGP5 is portable enough to take as I walk, plus my old one still works for now, so I am covered in any case.

But please, if I do try to set up the mSD card, should I separate the media into folders? "Music" and "Audiobooks"; or "Books" and then subfolder "Audiobooks" - or perhaps it doesn't matter?
Thanks again!
Old 02-15-2013, 02:55 PM   #29
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Audiobooks go in the audiobooks folder so they will show up under books. Music goes into the music folder.

MP3tag is great for tag editing.

You can have subfolders in each of the them. My folders are organized like this:

Audiobooks/Author/Book Title/

Music/Artist/Album/
Old 02-16-2013, 02:52 AM   #30
rgeorg
Guru

MP3Tag is what I use also, it is very good and simple to use. I'll try out the mSD card later today. Thanks for the folder tips!