Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 10-05-2012, 10:45 PM   #1
nynaevelan
eBook Junkie
nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire 2020, Kindle PW2
Question Calibre & Whispersync for Voice Books

Has anyone been able to get the Fire to recognize your Calibre converted books in the Whispersync for Voice for feature? I am trying to figure out what setting I need to use to have the Fire recognize my mobi file instead of the original azw file to use in Whispersync.
nynaevelan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 11:32 PM   #2
ATimson
Evangelist
ATimson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATimson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATimson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATimson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATimson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATimson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATimson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATimson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATimson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATimson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATimson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 4
I've been trying, with no luck. Setting the ASIN isn't enough. So either it's hidden in some other EXTH field, or Amazon is just going out there and tying stuff via your account. Honestly, I think it's probably the latter.

...I suppose one way to test it would be to buy the ebook for an audiobook you already own, and copy the ebook to your Kindle while it's not connected to the Internet. I'll have to see if there's any in my library that I don't own an ebook for yet, and see if I'm willing to pony up for the cause.
ATimson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 01:22 AM   #3
Jessica Lares
Wizard
Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPod Touch (5th gen)
I have Audible books I bought off iTunes, I wonder if that would work? I have the Kindle Version too.

EDIT: Hmm, nevermind, see where you're saying. I also think it's tied.

Last edited by Jessica Lares; 10-08-2012 at 01:24 AM.
Jessica Lares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 01:47 PM   #4
nynaevelan
eBook Junkie
nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

There must be something within the file or the metadata that Amazon recognizes. I re-imported the books without changing anything in them, sent them to my Fire and they were recognized for the Whispersync. Now I am going to try to figure out what Amazon is looking for so I can update the metadata.
Old 10-08-2012, 03:30 PM   #5
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by nynaevelan View Post
There must be something within the file or the metadata that Amazon recognizes. I re-imported the books without changing anything in them, sent them to my Fire and they were recognized for the Whispersync. Now I am going to try to figure out what Amazon is looking for so I can update the metadata.
It might have to be sideloaded. If you email the book it becomes a personal doc. I will look into it once I get my KF in November if no one else figures it out.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 05:12 AM   #6
nynaevelan
eBook Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
It might have to be sideloaded. If you email the book it becomes a personal doc. I will look into it once I get my KF in November if no one else figures it out.
I never email them, I always load my kindles via the usb cable and Calibre.
Old 10-10-2012, 06:29 AM   #7
nynaevelan
eBook Junkie

After some extensive research I've come to the conclusion that something in the conversion in Calibre breaks the W4V, so you can import the file into Calibre and transfer it to the Fire but do not convert it.

Also, the W4V only works if you purchased both the ebook from Amazon and the audible from Audible, which sucks cause I have quite a few books I purchased elsewhere but do have the Audibles also.
Old 10-10-2012, 01:49 PM   #8
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nynaevelan View Post
After some extensive research I've come to the conclusion that something in the conversion in Calibre breaks the W4V, so you can import the file into Calibre and transfer it to the Fire but do not convert it.

Also, the W4V only works if you purchased both the ebook from Amazon and the audible from Audible, which sucks cause I have quite a few books I purchased elsewhere but do have the Audibles also.
Why not post over in the Calibre Forum about this? Maybe someone one of the programmers will be able to figure it out.
Old 10-10-2012, 02:47 PM   #9
techiegirl
Groupie
techiegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, iPad Mini, iPhone 6+
I have always emailed books and have not any trouble syncing between Kindles or between Kindles and my iPad. I bought the KF HD and do not like that my emailed books are stored as documents, separate from my Amazon books.
techiegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 03:08 PM   #10
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by techiegirl View Post
I have always emailed books and have not any trouble syncing between Kindles or between Kindles and my iPad. I bought the KF HD and do not like that my emailed books are stored as documents, separate from my Amazon books.
On the KFv1 It's that's way too. What I do is use the carousel for books I'm reading only. I go to the doc tab when I ready to read my next book. I don't sideload books unless it's a reference book. I never read Amazon books until I send them to my Kindle so I don't have a problem with it.
Old 10-10-2012, 05:37 PM   #11
nynaevelan
eBook Junkie

Quote:
Why not post over in the Calibre Forum about this? Maybe someone one of the programmers will be able to figure it out.
I did, no response.
Old 10-16-2012, 04:05 PM   #12
new
K3, K4B, KDX, KFHD, PW1&2
new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4B, KDX3G, KFHD, PW1, PW2
Quote:
I just emailed my books and it goes into documents and you can use text-to-speech.

I thought about loading books into dropbox but decided against it. It might not put Text-to-Speech feature. I really like it.

I STILL am not able to sync my documents/books between Kindle DX and Kindle Fire HD, and it really irritates me big time.

I am talking about syncing places in the book last read, not using TSS. That feature does work. Syncing has not worked with my Kindle DX to the KFHD for many weeks now!!!
new is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 04:50 PM   #13
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Kindle Fire at least mine does not sync Kindle to Kindle Fire but it does Sync Kindle Fire to Kindle. To work around this. I remove the book on the KF then redownload it from the Cloud to get the last page read.
Old 10-16-2012, 06:12 PM   #14
new
K3, K4B, KDX, KFHD, PW1&2
new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4B, KDX3G, KFHD, PW1, PW2
Quote:
Kindle Fire at least mine does not sync Kindle to Kindle Fire but it does Sync Kindle Fire to Kindle. To work around this. I remove the book on the KF then redownload it from the Cloud to get the last page read.
Hmmm... that is a thought. Isn't it suppose to work though? I thought it didn't work because they dropped Kindle DX support.

Which reminds me everytime I sync on the Kindle Fire HD it puts each and every book on my carousel and I delete it each time. It bugs me. I like a nice tidy home
new is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 02:14 AM   #15
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by new View Post
Hmmm... that is a thought. Isn't it suppose to work though? I thought it didn't work because they dropped Kindle DX support.

Which reminds me everytime I sync on the Kindle Fire HD it puts each and every book on my carousel and I delete it each time. It bugs me. I like a nice tidy home
Your whole Archive? Or just the new books? It's normal for new books to show up on the carousel but once you remove a book it should stay gone until you open it again.

Unfortunately the Kindle Fire's sync has always worked this way. Amazon has yet to fix it.