Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 07-22-2012, 03:40 PM   #301
plumboz
Novelist
plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook
Amazon Price

Hi Liquid Gear,

The $0.99 price was an experiment that failed as I attempted to increase volume to help with my fundraising for public radio. Sales in the US literally halted as soon as the price decrease took effect. I stuck with it for a couple of weeks and then went back to the regular $2.99 price. Sales have been slow since then but at least they have existed. The US market especially seems to regard the $0.99 price point with suspicion. I have no idea where $4.99 is showing up since when I just checked Amazon it was $2.99.

For the next couple of days you can get Boomerang for free from Smashwords. Coupon code is in my previous post. I'm hoping to get feedback on the latest format tweaks before it rolls back out to B&N, Apple and others.

Sorry about the confusion.

Last edited by plumboz; 07-23-2012 at 11:30 AM.
plumboz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 07:51 PM   #302
LiquidGear
Zealot
LiquidGear ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LiquidGear ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LiquidGear ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LiquidGear ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LiquidGear ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LiquidGear ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LiquidGear ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LiquidGear ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LiquidGear ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LiquidGear ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LiquidGear ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by plumboz View Post
Hi Liquid Gear,

The $0.99 price was an experiment that failed as I attempted to increase volume to help with my fundraising for public radio. Sales in the US literally halted as soon as the price decrease took effect. I stuck with it for a couple of weeks and then went back to the regular $2.99 price. Sales have been slow since then but at least they have existed. The US market especially seems to regard the $0.99 price point with suspicion. I have no idea where $4.99 is showing up since when I just checked Amazon it was $2.99.

For the next couple of days you can get Boomerang for free from Smashwords. Coupon code is in my previous post. I'm hoping to get feedback on the latest format tweaks before it rolls back out to B&N, Apple and others.

Sorry about the confusion.
im not sure if i could give you a feedback if i get it on Smashwords.. Coz Amazon is not letting me provide reviews from free books that i got
LiquidGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 11:03 AM   #303
plumboz
Novelist
plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Dear Liquid Gear

Hi,

I understand about the Amazon policy. Although feedback about the book right here on MR would be great too.

The giveaway days for Boomerang are over. As a promo tool I have found it to be something less than effective and my guess is that 99% of the thousands of copies given away have never been read and likely never will be.

If $2.99 in completely extraneous funds ever fall in your lap, I hope you will consider squandering them on Boomerang! And if so I would very definitely like to hear what you think.

Best,
Alan
Old 08-27-2012, 10:43 AM   #304
plumboz
Novelist

One last fling with the $0.99 (or 77p or EUR 0,89) sale price.

Good through August 31st on Amazon.

Good through August 28th on Smashwords.
Old 09-15-2012, 12:56 PM   #305
Hellmark
Wizard
Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nokia N800, PRS-505, Nook STR Glowlight, Kindle 3
Any more books out? I loved boomerang, and want more, or something similar.
Hellmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 10:07 AM   #306
plumboz
Novelist

Eventually

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellmark View Post
Any more books out? I loved boomerang, and want more, or something similar.

Hi Hellmark,

I am almost finished with my current Work in Progress, working title "The Baer Boys", but it is quite different from "Boomerang", being a first person character study sort of thing, although I have tried to include a fair amount of humor. And of course there is a dog. Can't write without dogs being involved. I included the opening chapters of that one in the latest ebook edition of "Boomerang".

I put my planned follow up to "Boomerang" on the backburner after it became apparent that book wasn't capturing much of an readership. I appreciate the hell out of the readers I do get, and like to think they are, as a group, a rung or three above the crowd, a discriminating and yet daring bunch who recognize a gem where most would just scratch their heads and mutter "I don't get it".

Anyway, as soon as I have "The Baer Boys" well and done, the next Ted and Jerry adventure, which I am about 18,000 words into, will recommence. I'm trying to figure out how to include scenes of S/M and sparkly creatures of the night. At this point I am not hopeful of success.

But there will be a dog.

Take care and thanks again for reminding me that somebody out there enjoyed "Boomerang".

Alan

In case anyone here would like to check out Boomerang, here is a Smashwords coupon for two dollars off the $2.99 price. It's good through Halloween. Coupon code YV49Y

https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/4167

Last edited by plumboz; 09-21-2012 at 12:53 PM.
Old 09-30-2012, 10:23 PM   #307
plumboz
Novelist

Life is Good Playmakers fundraiser

All author proceeds from the sale of Boomerang between October 1 and December 31, 2012 are going to benefit Life is Good Playmakers foundation. A great organization doing important work with kids.

http://www.lifeisgood.com/playmakers/

That means about two bucks from each $2.99 purchase is going to help Playmakers.

Thanks!
Old 10-21-2012, 02:36 PM   #308
plumboz
Novelist

Boomerang is on sale for $0.99 now through October 31st.

Thanks!
Old 10-21-2012, 04:59 PM   #309
Kevin2960
YODA's Uglier Twin
Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-600 and 2 Kindle 3's - and now a K4 + HTC Desire HD
Alan, long time no speak ... Was wondering if you'd ever get round to another book ... And definitely NEEDS a Dog in it, you know I nagged you for ages about that, And my wife would KILL you if no Dog put in an appearance,

So I look forward to reading the new stuff, Hope your keeping well,

Best Regards
Kevin2960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 06:28 PM   #310
plumboz
Novelist

Work In Progress nearing end. Hope to have to beta readers within three or four weeks. Dog prominent player in this one.
Old 10-28-2012, 12:55 PM   #311
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by plumboz View Post
Work In Progress nearing end. Hope to have to beta readers within three or four weeks. Dog prominent player in this one.

This is an apology to Alan (and his fans) for making a decision that, in retrospect, I feel was wrong.

I previously deleted the above quoted post (now reinstated), seeing it as self-promotional in nature. Upon a more careful attention to the question by one of his fans, I realize my mistake. Alan merely attempted to answer the question.

Don
(Moderator)
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 11:51 AM   #312
plumboz
Novelist

Thanks, Dr. Drib!

Last edited by plumboz; 11-16-2012 at 05:11 PM.
Old 12-07-2012, 05:30 PM   #313
plumboz
Novelist

Never thought I would revive it, but the $0.99 price is back. And the current edition of Boomerang now includes a sneak peek at my next novel, The Baer Boys.

I apologize that Barnes and Noble temporarily does not have Boomerang available. I hope the situation will be resolved soon. Currently it is available from Amazon, Apple, Sony and Smashwords.
Old 01-02-2013, 05:23 PM   #314
plumboz
Novelist

Amazon tossed Boomerang out of the Select program because I couldn't get Apple to pull it from their store. Exclusivity and all that. So now Apple has it at $2.99 and Amazon does too, but they are discounting it to $0.99.

Anyway, since I was planning on a promo period right about now, but can't do it with Amazon, it looks like I will have to do it at Smashwords. Coupon code XS97U. Good through January 5.

The advantage of Smashwords? All formats/ereaders covered.

https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/4167
Old 01-12-2013, 11:52 AM   #315
plumboz
Novelist

$0.99 continues (courtesy of Amazon)

Update: January 16th. Amazon has finally got the correct price in place everywhere except their UK site.

Last edited by plumboz; 01-16-2013 at 03:56 PM.

Tags
amazon, barnes and noble, boomerang, comic novel, smashwords