Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 01-24-2013, 08:30 AM   #1
terencek
Groupie
terencek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.terencek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.terencek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.terencek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.terencek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.terencek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.terencek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.terencek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.terencek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.terencek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.terencek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3
How many account holders may share a book?

Apologies, I'm sure this has been answered before. But it's a simple question:

How many devices registered to the same account may read a purchased e-book, or indeed a subscribed magazine or newspaper?

Something in my memory says five. Whatever the number, does this also include alternative Kindle apps on PCs, or only actual Kindles?

In essence, I want my wife to be able to read the newspaper I subscribe to, by sideloading it to her own Kindle.
terencek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 09:31 AM   #2
ucfgrad93
Wizard
ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2nd Gen
For books, I think the limit is 6 devices. Not sure about magazines or newspapers.
ucfgrad93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-24-2013, 09:51 AM   #3
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Oasis 2, PW3, PW1, KT
Newspapers only work on one Kindle (physical, no app, the same one). Magazines possibly fall under that same rule. DRM'ed books by default can be on up to 6 devices (which can be also apps) at the same time ( just like ucfgrad93 said ). Some books have restrictions on which type of device they can be on, and some limit the amount of Kindles even further (up to 1). DRM free books usually don't have any limitation.
DuckieTigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 10:28 AM   #4
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
Magazines can certainly be read on multiple devices. I don't know the limit, but my wife has a FireHD and I have the 9" FireHD. We can both read magazines and share apps, etc.

Books are either unlimited (if the book has no DRM), or usually limited to 6 _concurrent_ devices. Of course, if you're going to sideload, Calibre plus Apprentice Alf solves the DRM issue.
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote