Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe

Notices

Old 09-26-2011, 12:21 PM   #1
Dgephri
Dgephri began at the beginning.

Device: PocketEdge
quite happy with PE, all thanks to this group

picked up my PE on Woot for $80.

Wanted an HP touchpad, but missed out on that so jumped on the PE when I saw the email.

Came here, read up on 2.2 procedure, immediately charged and updated to 2.2.

Also read here on the reg bypass issue.

Also read here for which APKs to get, and where to find them.

Also read here for NO lock APK.

I haven't rooted yet to use LCD2eink, but considering it.

So, big thanks to the group here for turning my $80 1.6 Android into a 2.2 android that I can surf, Facebook, control XBMC without an unlock screen, use Circle launcher, and hunt the Amazon market at my leisure.

Very glad I found you!
Dgephri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 12:32 PM   #2
DianNC
Banned
DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Color, Entourage Pocket Edge, iPod Touch 5th Gen
Mirrors my experience, except I waited a few hours before upgrading. It is definitely worth the $80 and if it's offered again at that price or lower I'll get another one!

Of course, I'd be a basket case without all the great support from this forum and its members!
DianNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-26-2011, 07:56 PM   #3
emilya
emilya began at the beginning.

Device: entourage pocket edge
Thirded. I have only needed to ask one question because the FAQ at top is so comprehensive.
emilya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 11:39 PM   #4
Filark
Armed with a smile :)
Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: enTourage eDGe & Pocket eDGe, Samsung Galaxy Note II
I'm so glad people are finding and using this forum! Everybody who is helping now has been helped by others along the way. Plus, it's fun! A mutual voyage of discovery.

Thank you to all of you new people who are providing as many answers as questions, and you're welcome from all of us "Seniors" who are still enjoying our eDGes and hoping you will too!
Filark is offline   Reply With Quote