Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 10-12-2009, 08:59 AM   #1
owly
Guru
owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 2, Kobo Aura H2O
Book collections on CD?

Are any of those big collections (5000 classics on one CD!) worth buying? Is the formating any good?
owly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 09:02 AM   #2
Slite
Icanhasdonuts?
Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura 2nd edition, Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by owly View Post
Are any of those big collections (5000 classics on one CD!) worth buying? Is the formating any good?
Not really no, I think most of them are just "leeched" from Projekt Gutenberg and dumped onto a CD. So formating is as good as it is there.

You are better off downloading them from here where most of them has been lovingly "handcrafted" as far as formating goes.
Slite is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-12-2009, 01:00 PM   #3
owly
Guru
owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 2, Kobo Aura H2O
owly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 06:27 PM   #4
pagansoul
Fanatic
pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone5, iPad Gen3, Kobo, Kindle Fire, Kobo Vox. Samsung Galaxy Tab 7
This is one of my favorite Classic collections. 2000 works for $20. On a sale you can find it for less but I have not seen it move for months. It cost more on Mobilereference web site. Some people don't like the layout but I love it. I have it in Mobi without DRM to view on my Kindle. If you purchase alone each author runs about $5 each so getting the colletion is best if you like reading the these PD books.

Yes you can download the for free here or at feedbooks, Manybooks and other sites but I like the way Mobilereference sets things up like all of Oscar Wilde's works under his name while if you downloaded them all you would have many line items, one for each published work. I get one O.Wilde and go to his table of contents to see all his works.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen shot 2009-10-12 at 6.21.56 PM.png
Views:	216
Size:	239.4 KB
ID:	37329   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen shot 2009-10-12 at 6.28.16 PM.png
Views:	224
Size:	32.3 KB
ID:	37330  

Last edited by pagansoul; 10-12-2009 at 06:37 PM.
pagansoul is offline   Reply With Quote