Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Writers' Corner

Notices

Old 01-07-2009, 01:06 PM   #61
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenne View Post
In Germany, we know: There´s nothing more sexy than a man wearing socks and sandals We even have "socks-and-sandals" fashion shows!!!
That may explain why the fashion is relatively prevalent here at Fermilab. We have a lot of Europeans here, and I assumed they all did the socks-with-sandles thing. Maybe it's just the German ones!
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 01:07 PM   #62
Taylor514ce
Actively passive.
Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505/LC
Quote:
In Germany, we know: There´s nothing more sexy than a man wearing socks and sandals We even have "socks-and-sandals" fashion shows!!!
Wow, that poor model desperately needs a haircut, a tailor, a nutritionist, and possibly a blood transfusion. Plus he's wearing socks and sandals.
Taylor514ce is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-07-2009, 02:00 PM   #63
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
I have seen academics wearing socks and sandals. But they were Earth Sciences lecturers. And geologists are not known for haute couture.
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 02:11 PM   #64
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patricia View Post
I have seen academics wearing socks and sandals. But they were Earth Sciences lecturers. And geologists are not known for haute couture.
not like your good self - of course ....
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 04:52 AM   #65
ravenne
Wizard
ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, PocketBook 360°, Cybook Gen3, iPad mini
Paaaaah!!!! - Dont you people know that Germany is the number one fashion country? Especially the Southern part of the country (where I live). We have the clothes France´s top designers, Australian pensioners, Texan sun worshipers and British earth scientists dream of (see pictures below).

We are living proof of good taste, because we invented the brezel, we have wheat beer for breakfast and we take sauerkraut baths every day. At night, we are yodelling at the moon, and when we like a person we call her / him names.

I bet you all want to to acquire the German citizenship now (and please note all the s in the text !!!)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Dirndl.jpg
Views:	321
Size:	62.0 KB
ID:	24062   Click image for larger version

Name:	Tracht_Buam.jpg
Views:	306
Size:	32.8 KB
ID:	24063   Click image for larger version

Name:	lederhose.jpg
Views:	312
Size:	44.3 KB
ID:	24064   Click image for larger version

Name:	dirndl_beer.jpg
Views:	296
Size:	24.2 KB
ID:	24065  
ravenne is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-08-2009, 06:25 AM   #66
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
(and please note all the s in the text !!!)
Oh, right...I just assumed that was a nervous tic, and politely ignored it. I'm more of a nudge-nudger than a wink-winker myself.

Cheers,
Marc
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 07:11 AM   #67
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
We are living proof of good taste, because we invented the brezel, we have wheat beer for breakfast and we take sauerkraut baths every day. At night, we are yodelling at the moon, and when we like a person we call her / him names.
oh, yep, i've been to germany several times to visit my german friends, and i can attest, everything she said is true. also, every german person dresses just like in those photos, every day. really. oh, except usually they are wearing socks and sandals, instead of shoes.

no, really.

zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 09:26 AM   #68
Gaurnim
Final Five n°42
Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Cybook Gen3
Quote:
Originally Posted by badgoodDeb View Post
That may explain why the fashion is relatively prevalent here at Fermilab. We have a lot of Europeans here, and I assumed they all did the socks-with-sandles thing. Maybe it's just the German ones!
Well, not only the German ones.
There is also, I'm a bit ashamed to say, the former French president (Chirac) who did.
But then again he is also know for walking around naked during his holidays close to a paparazzi camera, so he's not really considered as a trend-setter in the fashion crowd.
Gaurnim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 12:22 PM   #69
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Nexus 5, Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph Sir Edward View Post
Texas/Austrailia sun??? (The German tourists I see in Texas always look like a parboiled lobster...)
But Texans do not seem to stand the sun. I took a walk this summer in Austin from the hotell to a shopping mall and the only other people I met out walking were some other Swedes. So Texans seems to be a bit afraid of the sun and spend all the time in air conditioned cars...
tompe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 12:29 PM   #70
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by tompe View Post
But Texans do not seem to stand the sun. I took a walk this summer in Austin from the hotell to a shopping mall and the only other people I met out walking were some other Swedes. So Texans seems to be a bit afraid of the sun and spend all the time in air conditioned cars...

Does that imply you are not a Texan yourself ?
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 03:23 PM   #71
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
Negotiations were closing on an agreement.

"Okay, so, I can play the music I want seventyfive percent of the time..."

"With exceptions.."

"With the exception of no ska, no yodeling, no Slim Whitman especially, no World Music unless it involves South African Male choirs, and no fourteenth century chants."

"And..."

"And no asking the M.A.R.V.I.N. what he wants to listen to."

"I heard that," came a flatly depressed voice from the depths of the Goose.

"That about does it. Now cut me down from here, I'm getting a migraine."

"You're the boss!"

At that moment, the line holding Harv upside down parted and he fell to the spongy ground below.

Vivaldi looked up at the frayed end of wool dangling high in the air. "I think that counts, don't you?"
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 03:45 PM   #72
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
no SKA ???? i think you're being a little unreasonable on that one, pshrynkie-poo.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 04:07 PM   #73
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
Hey, as long as I still get to listen to The Hurdy Gurdy Whirler Girls, I guess I can't complain.
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 04:22 PM   #74
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Is that anything like "Roller Derby Queen" by Jim Croce?
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 08:02 PM   #75
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I want to listen to the 12" harcdore-techno, emo, acid-jazz, punk, bluegrass remix of Convoy on constant repeat.

Cheers,
Marc (...goes to iTunes store for a look-see...)
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote