Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 09-04-2008, 06:59 AM   #1
radioflyertoo
Hog Rider
radioflyertoo once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.radioflyertoo once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.radioflyertoo once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.radioflyertoo once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.radioflyertoo once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.radioflyertoo once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.radioflyertoo once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.radioflyertoo once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.radioflyertoo once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.radioflyertoo once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.radioflyertoo once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: HTC 7501
Tomorrow's Question

Since there was a fog* while riding to work I was able to get tomorrows question today.

Is it the whichness of why or the whatness of when that causes illogical inconsistencies in the mien of our semirigid existence in this corporeal plain?

*Fog as you all know is a substitute for a formal interdimensional and time travel machines used by many. However fog is a spotty Scotty in how and where yugo so you must bring quantum string.

Bob

Tomorrow being a figment of our dreams this question does not become invalid - silly maybe.
radioflyertoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 09:19 AM   #2
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer
Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Neither. It is the whereness of who.
Steven Lyle Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-04-2008, 10:13 AM   #3
VillageReader
Evangelist
VillageReader plays well with othersVillageReader plays well with othersVillageReader plays well with othersVillageReader plays well with othersVillageReader plays well with othersVillageReader plays well with othersVillageReader plays well with othersVillageReader plays well with othersVillageReader plays well with othersVillageReader plays well with othersVillageReader plays well with others

Device: Iliad
Nope. The howness of we.
VillageReader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 11:08 AM   #4
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
I was thinking it was the unutterableness of the silly.
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 11:18 AM   #5
LazyScot
DSil
LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Cybook
Quote:
Originally Posted by radioflyertoo View Post
Is it the whichness of why or the whatness of when that causes illogical inconsistencies in the mien of our semirigid existence in this corporeal plain?
Either the absence of Zany Carters after breakfast.
LazyScot is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-04-2008, 11:24 AM   #6
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
There. And I thought this was a question about the quiddity or haecceity of things (except phrased in Engish, rather than scholastic Latin.)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quiddity
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Haecceity
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 11:40 AM   #7
LazyScot
DSil
LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Cybook
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patricia View Post
There. And I thought this was a question about the quiddity or haecceity of things (except phrased in Engish, rather than scholastic Latin.)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quiddity
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Haecceity
One feels that perhaps this would there be a good subject of a symposium.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/symposium
LazyScot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 11:47 AM   #8
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by LazyScot View Post
One feels that perhaps this would there be a good subject of a symposium.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/symposium
wikipedia :
Quote:
Symposium originally referred to a drinking party (the Greek verb sympotein means "to drink together")
that explains a lot...
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 12:04 PM   #9
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
It's the hearing of the who when Horton heard the whom.
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 12:59 PM   #10
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer
Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Does that make "whom" a plural of "who"s? And is the lack of capitalization of the proper name because they are such small beings?

Boy, it sure is getting foggy* in here... last time I got caught in a weird fog, I spent the weekend being chased by giant spiders in my basement...

Last edited by Steven Lyle Jordan; 09-04-2008 at 01:02 PM.
Old 09-04-2008, 01:05 PM   #11
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

Device: Kindle and iPad
Too .... early .... brain .... seizing .... up. Need .... pain .... pills .... and ..... chocolate!!

(where the hell is the smiley showing me dragging myself across the floor in the general direction of the candy bowl??)
RickyMaveety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 01:22 PM   #12
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickyMaveety View Post
Too .... early .... brain .... seizing .... up. Need .... pain .... pills .... and ..... chocolate!!

(where the hell is the smiley showing me dragging myself across the floor in the general direction of the candy bowl??)
You have to make your own until the smiley factory can get caught up on the backorders. Like this -- :medraggingmyassacrossthefloortothecandybowl:

glad to be of help.
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 02:03 PM   #13
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Jordan View Post
Does that make "whom" a plural of "who"s? And is the lack of capitalization of the proper name because they are such small beings?

Boy, it sure is getting foggy* in here... last time I got caught in a weird fog, I spent the weekend being chased by giant spiders in my basement...

I honestly don't know what you are talking about here. Since when are whose the pleural of anything, and where are these small beings of whom you speak? However, I did mistype horton, please disregard the upper case H. As in, "Whos' hortons are these spilled all over the table?" or "The delivery of hortons will be delayed due to problems with the maisies."
Old 09-04-2008, 02:53 PM   #14
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DixieGal View Post
I honestly don't know what you are talking about here. Since when are whose the pleural of anything, and where are these small beings of whom you speak?
Why... here's one, right next to me! uh...

Uh-oh... that fog* is shrinking me a lot faster than I thought...
Old 09-04-2008, 03:03 PM   #15
DixieGal
Hi There!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Jordan View Post
Why... here's one, right next to me! uh...

Uh-oh... that fog* is shrinking me a lot faster than I thought...

Pshrinking? Oh I see, you were pshrunken by the fog, so the spiders only seemed to be giants. Makes sense now.

Tags
unutterable silliness