Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 12-28-2011, 02:52 PM   #1
Atomicmutant
Atomicmutant began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
missing "l" in conversion.

I have a book in epub, and in .pdf.

I have converted it to .mobi for my Kindle touch. Calibre .8.32, the latest.

All the double "l"'s--ll, are singles with a space in the .mobi file.

I have searched around and seen a bunch of notes about this, but as I am new,
I'm having trouble cutting through the clutter and figuring out exactly what I should do to get the proper result.

Can someone simplify and walk me through the process of what to do so that
"Hallway" doesn't look like "Hal way" anymore?

Thank you in advance for your help.
Atomicmutant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 03:33 PM   #2
Serpentine
Evangelist
Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3
Make sure that you are using the epub as the source, also make sure that the epub isn't just a converted pdf with the same problem. Use the 'view specific format' option in the right click context menu to make sure.

And then if all else fails, read the stickied topic : Read this before Posting PDF Questions
Serpentine is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-28-2011, 07:33 PM   #3
Atomicmutant
Atomicmutant began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Thanks.

The epub had the same problem, so I suspect it was converted from the .PDF as you suggested. I got the result I needed with Mobipocket creator as was suggested in the sticky. Thank you.
Atomicmutant is offline   Reply With Quote