Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > PDF

Notices

Old 10-21-2010, 05:49 AM   #1
Nexutix
Reading and reading
Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Infibeam Pi, iPod Touch 4G, iPad Air 2, iPad mini 2, Oneplus One
PDF invert colours.

It's really good to read PDFs or other formats on ebook readers with inverted colours. (like blackboard). ...just like we do with images.
Has anyone tried this? How will we invert colours in PDF? Any ideas?
(I converted pages to images, inverted colors and reading them is more comfortable. I was looking to invert colours in PDF format.)
Nexutix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 11:59 AM   #2
frabjous
Wizard
frabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Sony PRS-505
If you didn't mind rasterizing* the PDF, you could use imagemagick. See the two attached PDFs. I created output.pdf from input.pdf with the single command:
Code:
convert -density 300 input.pdf -negate output.pdf
(If that means nothing to you, let me know and I'll try to give full or at least fuller instructions.)

*Rasterizing the PDF means converting each page to an image inside the PDF. On a fixed-resolution device, it should look exactly the same. However, since the text has been replaced with a series of images, dictionary and search functions will no longer work. The PDF is usually much larger in file size too.

If you need a solution that preserves text as text, I'll have to think about it some more, though it's probably possible with the right software.

However, I think with an e-Ink device such as a Kindle, Nook or Sony Reader, this would drain the battery a lot faster. (On the flipside, with an LCD device such as an iPad, it might even improve batter life.)
Attached Files
File Type: pdf input.pdf (39.0 KB, 830 views)
File Type: pdf output.pdf (899.5 KB, 930 views)

Last edited by frabjous; 10-21-2010 at 12:07 PM. Reason: Oops, I uploaded the wrong output file. Twice.
frabjous is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-21-2010, 01:06 PM   #3
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by frabjous View Post
However, I think with an e-Ink device such as a Kindle, Nook or Sony Reader, this would drain the battery a lot faster.
Why? If the whole screen "flashes" at page turns, I don't see a difference. If only the parts that change from page to page are updated, I don't see a difference either.
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 01:26 PM   #4
frabjous
Wizard
frabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Sony PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jellby View Post
Why? If the whole screen "flashes" at page turns, I don't see a difference. If only the parts that change from page to page are updated, I don't see a difference either.
I'm not sure I really understand enough of the technology, but what I think I see is that the screen flashes, but then goes all-white, and then the parts that need to become black become black, so the more that needs to become black, the work electricity is used in the final step.

If I'm wrong about that middle step of going all white, then I guess there's nothing to worry about. (And maybe it wouldn't matter much anyway.)
frabjous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 01:43 PM   #5
Nexutix
Reading and reading
Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Infibeam Pi, iPod Touch 4G, iPad Air 2, iPad mini 2, Oneplus One
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by frabjous View Post
If you didn't mind
batter life.)
Thank You! Works perfect!
Nexutix is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-22-2011, 06:51 PM   #6
meem
A Reader who can think..!
meem lived happily ever after.meem lived happily ever after.meem lived happily ever after.meem lived happily ever after.meem lived happily ever after.meem lived happily ever after.meem lived happily ever after.meem lived happily ever after.meem lived happily ever after.meem lived happily ever after.meem lived happily ever after.

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi - Kindle DX (B004)
It worked perfectly with me also.
Good idea to skip black flashing with full page refresh, but it's not needed now with some new devices like "NookTouch" or Kindle with "Duokan" firmware.
meem is offline   Reply With Quote