Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 03-05-2011, 06:58 PM   #1
hamiltonian
hamiltonian began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi
Buying a Book From a Sample

Is there any trick to getting the full copy of a book which I purchased while reading a sample?

I bought the book through the Kindle store on my Kindle 3, but I still only have the sample portion. Both my device, and my Kindle account say that the book was successfully delivered, but I can't find it.

If I missed an obvious step, please enlighten me.
hamiltonian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 08:47 PM   #2
krazy4katz
Addict
krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: [Kindle 1, Kindle 3 (KK)], Kindle Voyage, iPad Pro
Did you purchase it from the sample? If so, it should be there. Check to see how you are sorting your books. If you sort by title, the 2 of them should be right next to each other so that you can find it. Make sure you are on the home page. Worst case, do a search for the title and see if only the sample comes up or if they both do.

Good luck,

k4k
krazy4katz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-05-2011, 10:06 PM   #3
hamiltonian

Yes, I purchased it right from the sample. It still isn't there. Its very strange, as everything I've purchased (and sampled) from browsing on my laptop has shown up with no troubles at all.
Old 03-05-2011, 10:23 PM   #4
carld
Wizard
carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
It's possible your new book is at the end of your list instead of at the beginning where it should be. I've had that happen before. If it's not there, try plugging your Kindle into your computer and looking at the documents folder. It's possible the download was corrupted in some way and your Kindle isn't showing the file. I don't know if that's likely though. If it is there try deleting the file and re-downloading it.
carld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 10:37 PM   #5
hamiltonian

I didn't think to check the end, hopefully it is there.
Advert