Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader > Sony Reader Dev Corner

Notices

Old 09-19-2008, 11:31 PM   #1
brycej
brycej began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505
Question Updating kconfig.xml on the Reader.

I would like to have my reader display text left justified.

I found a post that noted that changing the bbebJustification variable to false in the kconfig.xml would do this. I was able to find the kconfig.xml file for the ebook Library application and make the modification. That program works as I would like.

What I would like to do now is modify PRS-505 Reader so that it works the same way.

I am stuck at this point. I would appreciate some help (step by step if possible) on making this change.

I have a Canadian PRS-505 with firmware 1.1.00.18040, which is what it was shipped with. I used prscust.0.05a to add the clock function and change the icons.

Is this change to the kconfig.xml file something that could be added to the prscust program, or is that not the type of things it does?

If this has been documented elsewhere, I apologize for asking again. I did search for this but I was not able to find anything that I thought would help me.
brycej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 01:52 PM   #2
brycej
brycej began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505
If you are interested in how to turn off justification in the reader, please check-out Jeff Elkins PRSCustomizer here.
brycej is offline   Reply With Quote