Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 12-03-2012, 03:32 PM   #31
medvedev
Connoisseur
medvedev can teach chickens to fly.medvedev can teach chickens to fly.medvedev can teach chickens to fly.medvedev can teach chickens to fly.medvedev can teach chickens to fly.medvedev can teach chickens to fly.medvedev can teach chickens to fly.medvedev can teach chickens to fly.medvedev can teach chickens to fly.medvedev can teach chickens to fly.medvedev can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Onyx Boox M92
Thanks Mono, it works!
medvedev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 02:10 PM   #32
lompy
lompy began at the beginning.

Device: boox m92
dictionary history

Hello. I read a lot of literature in foreign language and it would be great to have file with dictionary search bar history to use it after reading to review the new word list. Is it possible?
lompy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 03:08 PM   #33
Mono
Mono
Mono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Boox M92
No.

I put possibility to traverse back in dictionary lookup history on wishlist many months ago. (I use mainly explanatory dictionaries because translation dictionaries to my mother tongue are of very limited quality and so I sometimes need to translate words in explanation and after that return back to main explanation text. It is possible to get translation of word in explanation text (even recursively), but it is not possible to return back.)
I do not know if it is at least the candidate for being implemented one day.

Yours wish is even more difficult to implement, but good idea! I am close to start learning a new language and this might be handy.
Mono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 03:25 PM   #34
pepe_alter_ego
Zealot
pepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animalspepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animalspepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animalspepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animalspepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animalspepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animalspepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animalspepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animalspepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animalspepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animalspepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: Onyx Boox M92, Kindle Paperwhite 1 (Wi-Fi)
What concerns "unknown words", I am using the following "trick" while reading pdf files.
I "mark" each word (or a phrase), that I want to "save" for future, using "Add Annotate".
At any moment, I can view the list of all "saved" words (and phrases) using "All Annotations".
In the end, I "Export Annotations" ... this creates a simple ordinary text file with all "saved" words and phrases (plus a whole bunch of additional informations, of course), which can easily be viewed on a computer.

Last edited by pepe_alter_ego; 12-06-2012 at 06:16 AM.
pepe_alter_ego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 03:40 PM   #35
Mono
Mono
Mono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Good idea! For the purpose of learning language this is a great trick!
Old 12-06-2012, 05:55 AM   #36
lompy
lompy began at the beginning.

Device: boox m92
Thanks for help and good trick! Although annotations aren't supported in all of the formats.
I guess i should start learning new language, something like C++, in order to get what i whant)
lompy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 05:41 AM   #37
pepe_alter_ego
Zealot
pepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animalspepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animalspepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animalspepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animalspepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animalspepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animalspepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animalspepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animalspepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animalspepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animalspepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: Onyx Boox M92, Kindle Paperwhite 1 (Wi-Fi)
I accidentally noticed a nice feature of the "old" Pdf Reader which is NOT present in the "new" Pdf Reader.
With the "old" Pdf Reader, if I open a dictionary, its "small" window will automatically move to the up or to the down of the screen according to where the marked word to be "translated" is present.
With the "new" Pdf Reader, the "small" dictionary window will always stay down, and I need to "move" it manually up if I want to see the lower part of the screen.
Could this "automatic positioning" be introduced into the "new" Pdf Reader?
pepe_alter_ego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 06:21 AM   #38
Mono
Mono

I think people complained about automatic positioning and so it was removed and replaced by manual placement. Combination of both might be the best.
Old 12-16-2012, 02:40 PM   #39
maman
maman began at the beginning.

I'd like to see the "recent documents" feature improved. As far as I can see, there is no list view available, which to me would be very helpful.
maman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 05:33 AM   #40
RobinDesBois
RobinDesBois knows the square root of minus one.RobinDesBois knows the square root of minus one.RobinDesBois knows the square root of minus one.RobinDesBois knows the square root of minus one.RobinDesBois knows the square root of minus one.RobinDesBois knows the square root of minus one.RobinDesBois knows the square root of minus one.RobinDesBois knows the square root of minus one.RobinDesBois knows the square root of minus one.RobinDesBois knows the square root of minus one.RobinDesBois knows the square root of minus one.

Maybe it can be possible to select more than one file. If you want, for example, to delete like 10-15 files, it can be really a pain doing it one by one.
RobinDesBois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 01:11 PM   #41
Kirith
schoolteacher
Kirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcover

Device: Onyx M92 +i62HD(m)+M92(m)x20+M90x13
Вот и я поднакопил пожеланий...
1. Включить в прошивку обязательную кнопку отключения Wi-fi. Например, открываешь RSS-агрегатор, обновляешь новости и... модуль включён. Для его выключения надо или выключить физически устройство или войти в браузер и выйти, ответив на вопрос об отключении от точки доступа. Хорошо-бы её иметь на нижней панели перманентно.
2. В новом PDF-ридере ОЧЕНЬ НУЖНА не только кнопка истории "назад", но и "вперёд". Тогда можно быстро прыгать между частями документа. У меня есть файлы задачник+учебник сшитые в один PDF-файл (так я решил проблему работы с двумя документами сразу на ONYX-ах). При таких кнопках эти файлы можно будет использовать максимально удобно.
3. В новом PDF-ридере надо починить перепутанные действия джойстика "вправо"-"влево".
4. Мультивыделение для файлов в проводнике. Например при зажатой кнопке какой-нибудь (ну типа как с CTRL на обычной клавиатуре)
5. Поддержка odt и ods. Два года уже прошло с момента первой такой просьбы. Аналога редактируемому формату doc нет на ONYX-ах. А с примочками Microsoft уже надоело бодаться
6. Включить уже давным-давно работающий (де-факто) FTP-сервер в иконки приложений. Даже создавать ничего не надо - просто вывести в элемент меню
7. Портировать сделанный поляками DropBox и GoogleDrive в прошивку. А то (это угроза ;-) ) сами выковыряем из прошивки и вставим. (Я пошутил... силёнок у нас маловато... А Вам... жаль что-ли???)
8. Инструмент перемещения по закладкам в нижнем статус-баре. Это очень улучшит эргономику поиска в документе. И вообще...
Kirith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 05:25 AM   #42
ManDay
E-Reader
ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: DPT-S1
Could you please add a quick-button to toggle between Sketch and Eraser in the "Skribble" Tool? This should be no big thing but would ease using "Skribble" a lot.
ManDay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 04:36 PM   #43
medvedev
Connoisseur
medvedev can teach chickens to fly.medvedev can teach chickens to fly.medvedev can teach chickens to fly.medvedev can teach chickens to fly.medvedev can teach chickens to fly.medvedev can teach chickens to fly.medvedev can teach chickens to fly.medvedev can teach chickens to fly.medvedev can teach chickens to fly.medvedev can teach chickens to fly.medvedev can teach chickens to fly.

Does anybody (especially booxtor) read this thread?

I've got an Idea for the webbrowser of M92. I know its an ebook-reader and not a tablet. Anyway I use the browser a lot if I don't want to turn on my pc.

The e-ink display has problems with displaying animations but a lot of sites have e.g. animated gif and so on! Thats annoying me because the display refreshes continuously.
In Firefox you have got the ability to stop all animations by pressing the button "Esc". Is it possible to introduce anything similar in M92?

Thank You!
In Firefox yo

Last edited by medvedev; 01-05-2013 at 04:36 PM. Reason: typo
medvedev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 05:24 AM   #44
Booxtor
Booxtor
Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: a lot of..
Quote:
Originally Posted by medvedev View Post
Does anybody (especially booxtor) read this thread?

I've got an Idea for the webbrowser of M92. I know its an ebook-reader and not a tablet. Anyway I use the browser a lot if I don't want to turn on my pc.

The e-ink display has problems with displaying animations but a lot of sites have e.g. animated gif and so on! Thats annoying me because the display refreshes continuously.
In Firefox you have got the ability to stop all animations by pressing the button "Esc". Is it possible to introduce anything similar in M92?

Thank You!
In Firefox yo
Hi,
of course I do read this thread permanently. Some of requests will be definitely implemented in new updates.
Booxtor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 07:19 AM   #45
vvilmos
Connoisseur
vvilmos knows what's going on.vvilmos knows what's going on.vvilmos knows what's going on.vvilmos knows what's going on.vvilmos knows what's going on.vvilmos knows what's going on.vvilmos knows what's going on.vvilmos knows what's going on.vvilmos knows what's going on.vvilmos knows what's going on.vvilmos knows what's going on.

Device: Onyx M92, K3
I'd like to add two suggestions; at least the second one
should be very easy to implement.

1. Support for searchable djvu files

2. A simple text editor.
The present editor is almost ok but can be used only for .txt files
provided that the file is moved in the "text editor" folder.
Also, if a text file is identified as having a html content
(using its first 256 bytes) then all the tags are formatted and
thus cannot be edited (without some manipulations).
vvilmos is offline   Reply With Quote