Notices

Old 07-06-2010, 08:50 PM   #1
Toast
A great Canadian :D
Toast began at the beginning.

Device: M001
Exclamation M001 Please HELP.

Hey I'm Nick,

I got my Eken M001 today in the mail and i charged it until it got full. I turned it on and it just stays at the Android logo with all the info...

FW 1.06

-Please help I really want to get this to work

Edit: Can it be bricked? I remember I bricked my ipod touch and psps before can it be that?

Last edited by Toast; 07-06-2010 at 10:12 PM.
Toast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 07:56 AM   #2
Toast

Sorry for double post...

50+ views and no answers.. Really guys please help
Advert
Old 07-07-2010, 11:12 AM   #3
Pato
Pato began at the beginning.

Device: PSP, Jwin 700
You have chose a wrong place to ask. Go to http://www.slatedroid.com/vbulletin/forum.php. You will get a lot of info from there. Good luck.
Pato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 11:14 AM   #4
kjk
kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: never enough
You might want to try an Android specific (as opposed to eBook focused) board for this question: http://www.androidtablets.net/forum/...t-discussions/ has some Eken users I think!
kjk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 11:50 AM   #5
Toast

Thanks a lot guys.
Advert
Old 07-07-2010, 12:47 PM   #6
Toast

After some research I think i bought a FAKE...
Mine.

Real Eken?

Mine.

Real Eken?

Mine.

Real Eken?

What do you guys think?

Last edited by Toast; 07-07-2010 at 01:09 PM.
Old 07-07-2010, 12:50 PM   #7
kjk
kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: never enough
Weird. Maybe it is just an OEM version?
kjk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 12:54 PM   #8
Toast

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjk View Post
Weird. Maybe it is just an OEM version?
I Really don't know but I'm worried..
As you see on the picture of the real Eken model you see the bar go by
Mine doesn't do anything it just stay where it shows the SW

Last edited by Toast; 07-07-2010 at 12:56 PM.
Old 07-11-2010, 01:46 AM   #9
Mogrith
Mogrith began at the beginning.

Device: K1,K2, Broken 505,M003(android 1.6)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pato View Post
You have chose a wrong place to ask. Go to http://www.slatedroid.com/vbulletin/forum.php. You will get a lot of info from there. Good luck.
Pato is correct, We can help you at slatedroid. Looks like yours is one from Dealextreme. They are oem but are Eken. You can get custom Rom at slatedroid and that should help.

I have a M003 with marking a lot like yours.
Mogrith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 07:00 PM   #10
linuxluver
linuxluver began at the beginning.

Device: Eken M001
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toast View Post
Hey I'm Nick,

I got my Eken M001 today in the mail and i charged it until it got full. I turned it on and it just stays at the Android logo with all the info...
FW 1.06
-Please help I really want to get this to work
Edit: Can it be bricked? I remember I bricked my ipod touch and psps before can it be that?
I have a device exactly like yours. I've learned quite a bit about it.

First, if you have trouble with the existing firmware - even out of the box - it is possible to completely replace it with either a new version, an updated version or a custom version. These devices are incredibly easy to re-load / refresh.

The files you'd need would be at Slatedroid.com in the Downloads area.

There are three sets of firmware worth loading - pick one:

1. Official Eken WMT SDK V1.7.4 (*highly* recommended if you do nothing else).

2. ECOTOX custom firmware v1.1.1. It's based on v1.7.4, but offers multiple user interfaces - default, Helix and Home++. I use Home++. This firmware is easily the fastest and most responsive.

3. Slatedroid v1.3 custom firmware. Also based on v1.7.4. Also with improvements over the official v1.7.4

I'd recommend ECOTOX. It's the best I've tried. It's also rooted and supports swapping to the sdcard if the system runs short on RAM.

To apply any updates, you uncompress on your PC the firmware file using the free, open source "7zip"....NOT Winrar or rar. Rar munges some symbolic links stored in the archive. 7zip does it right.

Once uncompressed you copy the "script" folder and everything below it to the root directory of a - preferably empty - sdcard. Normally, you'd just copy to the sdcard with the m001 attached to the PC, but if you can't to that, you'll have to use some other method (phone that can do sdcarsds -whatever). The sdcard can be SDHC or MicroSD inan SDHC adapter. Either works fine.

Insert the sdcard into the device and power it on. That's all there is to it. The device sees the "script" folder and applies whatever is in there. You can completely change your system every three minutes if you want to.

The last piece of advice is the make sure you do the touch panel calibration ASAP in "Menu -> Settings -> Touchpanel Calibration" Do NOT use your finger! You'll get a poor result. Use a stylus or - like I have - the pointy corner of the handle of a teaspoon. Whatever, provided it has a very precise and small point to it. Nail those crosshairs right in the centre. If you mess up, do it again.

With ECOTOX v1.1.1 and a properly calibrated touchpanel, these M001's are like a $99 netbook - able to be a PC as well as an eReader. The touch screen is just big enough you can lay it down on the table and two-hand type. Set up right, it works really well......for a $99 device/computer.

There is also a chance your device is just broken. That would just be bad luck. My M001 is great....so there are good ones out there. :-)

(My avatar is my M001 with a solarised pic of myself as the background.)

Last edited by linuxluver; 07-14-2010 at 07:06 PM.
linuxluver is offline   Reply With Quote