Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 05-15-2015, 03:19 AM   #1
AMF
Enthusiast
AMF began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo
Metadata download: Only ISBN (example)

When I do a quality check on my library, specifically ISBN data, it doesn't give errors, although there are quite a few without ISBN.

Is there a way I can get Calibre to only download and update ISBN (for example)?
AMF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 09:24 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMF View Post
When I do a quality check on my library, specifically ISBN data, it doesn't give errors, although there are quite a few without ISBN.

Is there a way I can get Calibre to only download and update ISBN (for example)?
Identifiers is not an optional (configurable) field in the Configure Metadata Download. (ISBN is one type of identifiers)

Check out the Index of Plugins in the Plugins section of this forum.
I remember one that looks into PDF files for ISBNs
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-15-2015, 12:39 PM   #3
DaltonST
Deviser
DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
http://isbndb.com/

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMF View Post

@AMF:

Very often, using Amazon.com as a "Source" will result in ISBN being updated even though you do not explicitly ask for it.

You could also use http://isbndb.com/ as your "Source" for ISBN metadata downloading. You will need to create an account at http://isbndb.com/ and add your downloading key to the Calibre config screen for ISBNDB. You get 100 per day free, but you can easily buy more if you wish.

I routinely use the "Extract ISBN" plugin to extract ISBN from my EPUBs, if they exist, prior to other approaches.

If you want the Library of Congress Code and/or Dewey Decimal Code added via the QuarantineAndScrub add-on to Calibre, you will need either an ISBN or ISSN to enable the lookup.

DaltonST
DaltonST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015, 10:31 AM   #4
AMF
Enthusiast
AMF began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo
Thanks a lot, and I see you can get 500 ISBN's per day now... That'smore than the number of missing ISBNs
AMF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 10:18 PM   #5
anoukaimee
Enthusiast
anoukaimee began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Clara, Pixel 6 (Moon Reader/Calibre Companion), Amazon Fire 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaltonST View Post
@AMF:

You could also use http://isbndb.com/ as your "Source" for ISBN metadata downloading. You will need to create an account at http://isbndb.com/ and add your downloading key to the Calibre config screen for ISBNDB. You get 100 per day free, but you can easily buy more if you wish.

DaltonST
Hi:

It's four years later, and I'd like to do the same thing: download ISBNs. But apparently ISBNDB now requires a subscription to use their API. If worse comes to worst, I'll subscribe for a month or two, but just wondering if you or anyone knows of another source that is free at present day?

Thanks!
anoukaimee is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-11-2019, 11:49 PM   #6
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
First: if all you want is Identifiers (ISBN is one kind), be sure to configure the Metadata download for just that.
Many sites will find ISBN's (just not at Amazon) along with some others (There is no way to limit Identifiers to only ISBN )
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2019, 10:17 PM   #7
anoukaimee
Enthusiast
anoukaimee began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Clara, Pixel 6 (Moon Reader/Calibre Companion), Amazon Fire 10
Just wanted to post this again to see if anyone knows of a free resource...

Quote:
Originally Posted by anoukaimee View Post
Hi:

It's four years later, and I'd like to do the same thing: download ISBNs. But apparently ISBNDB now requires a subscription to use their API. If worse comes to worst, I'll subscribe for a month or two, but just wondering if you or anyone knows of another source that is free at present day?

Thanks!
Still face this problem: has anyone found a free source (other than hopefully getting from Amazon or other sources, or the ISBN plug-in) for downloading ISBNs?
anoukaimee is offline   Reply With Quote