Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe

Notices

Old 01-24-2012, 11:15 PM   #16
mtambo
mtambo began at the beginning.

Device: Entourage Pocket edGe
So glad to hear it! Thanks to the amazing devs and folks who worked on the firmware and figured out the issues that make this kind of fix possible!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiGi4010 View Post
My hats off to all the helpful people out there willing to share their knowledge and help those of us less fortunate. Today a big kudos goes out to Mtambo for the above help/fix on the pocket edge stuck in start up..... I found myself in that position and followed his directions to the letter and got myself and my edge back in the game.... not gonna lie though I was scared for a little while. Thank you so much...really didn't need another door stop!
mtambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 10:39 AM   #17
GiGi4010
Pocket Virgin
GiGi4010 is on a distinguished road

Device: entourage pocketedge
So now I'm sad again. Did the fix successfully worked fine for about 2 days then right back to the same issue. Now what? Going to try fix again, but I don't want to get into an endless loop, any suggestions?
GiGi4010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-27-2012, 10:55 AM   #18
GiGi4010
Pocket Virgin
GiGi4010 is on a distinguished road

Device: entourage pocketedge
Hey, so I was mistaken and my PE is still up and running now I'm working on the Titanium backup, but all references to it refer to a rooted PE and mine is not, will it still work?
GiGi4010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 11:04 AM   #19
mtambo
mtambo began at the beginning.

Device: Entourage Pocket edGe
GiGi4010, if you installed the firmware I linked to in the earlier post (with Golden Allmine in the name), then your PE is rooted. That's a perk of that firmware mod.

You'll know right away once you've installed and opened Titanium backup - on the main screen of Titanium backup, it'll say whether it recognizes your PE as rooted or not. It will also display a message upon program startup if it is unable to gain root access to your PE.

If this is the case, download and install a program called z4root from amazon appstore for android and that should do the trick. But you really shouldn't need to - you should be all set to go with the firmware you've got on there.
mtambo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
need help now!, pocket edge, stuck