Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 10-02-2010, 11:43 PM   #1
Pandzilla
Pandzilla began at the beginning.

Device: Ipad
Windows 7 New Calibre Version problem

This program normally works for me but installed the new version on my new Windows 7 machine. When I connect my Ipad it sees the ipad but when I try to send a book to device, I get Error Communicating with Device. Thanks a ton!

(22, "invalid mode ('wb') or filename")

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\device.py", line 69, in run
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\device.py", line 361, in _upload_books
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\apple\driver.py", line 934, in upload_books
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\apple\driver.py", line 1983, in _get_fpath
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\apple\driver.py", line 1316, in _delete_iTunesMetadata_plist
File "site-packages\calibre\utils\zipfile.py", line 725, in __init__
IOError: [Errno 22] invalid mode ('wb') or filename: u'C:\\Users\\Pandatop\\Desktop\\<fdopen>'
Pandzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 01:06 AM   #2
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
Already mentioned in another thread as a regression issue to be fixed in the next release.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-03-2010, 07:45 AM   #3
Pandzilla

I also wanted to add that before , I did not have to use iTunes to get my books on my iPad. I just sent them directly over. Is this still possible?
Old 10-03-2010, 09:30 AM   #4
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

If you have the Apple driver enabled then you can send the books direct bypassing iTunes.
Old 10-03-2010, 10:51 AM   #5
Pandzilla

I checked to see Under Device Interface Plugins if the driver was enabled and it is. I still cannot send anything to the device.

Last edited by Pandzilla; 10-03-2010 at 10:56 AM.
Advert
Old 10-03-2010, 12:27 PM   #6
itimpi
Wizard

When you plug in the iPad is it being recognised at all or are you getting an error when trying to send? I am on Windows 7 and I see the device icon on the toolbar change to look like an iPad when it is recognised, and then I can send OK. In case it matters I have itunes running as well at the time.
Old 10-03-2010, 12:45 PM   #7
Pandzilla

It is being recognized. The device icon shows up and I can see all my books on my Ipad and the calibre screen. When I switch to the library and attempt to send a new book to the ipad is when I get the error.

I did it at work last week with no problems (running an earlier version of Calibre and on XP.)
Old 10-03-2010, 12:51 PM   #8
itimpi
Wizard

I just tried it agasin, and this time it failed for me!

I guess the answer is to either revert to the previous release, or wait for next week's release when the regression will be fixed. It all depends on how impatient you are to get the books onto the iPad - I already have plenty to read so I am in no hurry.
Old 10-03-2010, 02:15 PM   #9
Pandzilla

Odd, now none of the previous versions are working either. I get the same error message. Any thoughts?