Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe

Notices

Old 06-02-2011, 11:35 AM   #16
emusan
lol
emusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheese

Device: eDGe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard443 View Post
emusan - Fixed, fixed, fixed, at least I hope so. Followed your directions and edge showed up in "Devices and Printers". Before it was in "Drivers and Printers/Unspecified". Right clicked on the Edge icon and tried to open to see the files. No luck. Ran the trouble shooter and found I was missing a driver which the trouble shooter fixed. I can see all of the contents of the PE.

I will now see if I can get a public library book to display. I will let everyone know if the problem is now solved.
Good to hear, while windows 7 fixed a lot with the drivers, there are still some annoying things that can happen like the one you experienced. Hopefully you wont have too many more problems in the future.
emusan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 11:55 AM   #17
Richard443
Member Retired
Richard443 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Richard443 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Richard443 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Pocket eDGe
Everyone - Opened ADE and as was pointed out in an earlier part of this thread (sorry I can't acknowledge the author because I can't see it) the Edge icon displayed in the library. Also, in opening the ADE it noted that I had a new device which I authorized. Hopefully this will take care of licensing problems.

Next, I will see if my library book opens and it did.

Thank you again. Now I will buy a little case or sleeve.to carry my PE. Any suggestions?
Richard443 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 12:09 PM   #18
CheyenneDonna
Connoisseur
CheyenneDonna has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Entourage Edge
Fortunately, the case is easier. If you want a sleeve, http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Rocketfi...ase&cp=1&lp=12
this one fits nicely, and it's on sale.
CheyenneDonna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 12:31 PM   #19
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by CheyenneDonna View Post
"I don't have my USB cable handy so I cannot try moving with ADE. Is that going to work, and if so, why?"
Yes - the license needs to transfer as well as the book; email, dropbox etc can't do this only ADE. If you download with Overdrive you can only read it in Overdrive on the LCD, likewise if you transfer it with ADE you can only open it in Reader.
And yes, the eink supports live links, email addresses too.
Great, I'm glad it will (or should) work, though it seems more of an implementation issue with Reader than a limitation with Adobe's SDK, based on my experience with Adobe-powered reading apps on iOS. Reader seems unable to use a wireless connection to 1) fulfill .acsm files or 2) check term-limited licenses (both of which Adobe's RMSDK supports). So instead, it needs ADE to act as proxy (like most if not all dedicated ereader devices to date).

I was asking specifically about PDF link support with Reader, but I'll discover if they work soon enough...

Last edited by tomsem; 06-02-2011 at 12:33 PM.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 12:40 PM   #20
Richard443
Member Retired
Richard443 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Richard443 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Richard443 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Pocket eDGe
CheyenneDonna - thanks for the sleeve link. I am so happy that this puppy is now working. Thanks again to everyone.
Richard443 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 01:15 PM   #21
Last_of_the_PEs
Groupie
Last_of_the_PEs began at the beginning.

Device: Entourage PE
With my edge plugged in, and USB turned on (on the edge), I see the eDGe under device manager under "Other devices" with a yellow exclamation mark on it.

This would be consistent with the device not being recognized and loaded properly by the PC. I think I need to figure out how to rip out every vestige of a driver or device that is blocking successful installation from at least one PC to get this solved. It seems others also have only one drive working (of two) so I'm not alone, but in this case, misery does NOT love company!
Last_of_the_PEs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 01:53 PM   #22
rumcd
rumcd began at the beginning.

Device: Entourage Pocket Edge, Kindle 3G, nook Classic, Sony PRS-500
Another tip (I don't think has shown up in the thread!) is that you can load the OverDrive app and then download mp3 and epub books through OverDrive via wireless.

The books are readable only on the LCD however.

Take a look at the site I maintain at the Library where I work. We do ebooks on lots of devices (through OverDrive). We have a pocket edge that we use to show off the Android app.

http://corvallis.libguides.com/ebooks

-Christopher

Last edited by rumcd; 06-02-2011 at 02:16 PM.
rumcd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 02:09 PM   #23
CheyenneDonna
Connoisseur
CheyenneDonna has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Entourage Edge
Quote:
Originally Posted by Last_of_the_PEs View Post
With my edge plugged in, and USB turned on (on the edge), I see the eDGe under device manager under "Other devices" with a yellow exclamation mark on it.

This would be consistent with the device not being recognized and loaded properly by the PC. I think I need to figure out how to rip out every vestige of a driver or device that is blocking successful installation from at least one PC to get this solved. It seems others also have only one drive working (of two) so I'm not alone, but in this case, misery does NOT love company!
When an Android device is attached to a PC usually the only drive accessible is the SD card. In the PE and EE it is opposite and you should only have access to the internal storage. You should see the PE as a drive after you enable the USB storage option. If this is not working for you uninstall the drivers from device manager and plug in your PE again. You should get a notification at the top screen. Pull it down and select to connect USB, at that point your PC should recognize a removable drive and you can browse or drag files. To add library books open ADE and you will see the PE as a device. Authorize it and now you can drag your books over to the PE through ADE.
CheyenneDonna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 10:33 PM   #24
geneven1
Enthusiast
geneven1 began at the beginning.

Device: P. Edge, Kindle, N800-810-900
Quote:
Originally Posted by rumcd View Post
Another tip (I don't think has shown up in the thread!) is that you can load the OverDrive app and then download mp3 and epub books through OverDrive via wireless.

The books are readable only on the LCD however.

Take a look at the site I maintain at the Library where I work. We do ebooks on lots of devices (through OverDrive). We have a pocket edge that we use to show off the Android app.

http://corvallis.libguides.com/ebooks

-Christopher
I started using Overdrive on my Edge a couple of days ago. It works fine, though when I loaded the first audiobook it said loading audiobook forever, till I shut down the PE. When I restarted and ran Overdrive again, the audiobook played.
geneven1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 01:51 PM   #25
ajc263
ajc263 began at the beginning.

Device: Pocket Edge
Just wanted to say thanks to all of the posters on this thread. I'd been trying to transfer my borrowed public library books (epub & pdf) over to my PE, but couldn't seem to figure it out. With everyone's input I've got the hang of it now.

Last edited by ajc263; 08-05-2011 at 01:53 PM.
ajc263 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
library ebooks, pocket edge, usb connection