Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 11-28-2012, 08:00 PM   #211
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piper_ View Post
No historical romance at freepartay? Or do they lump in with the "all" group?

I'd keep digging, but barely conscious here.
Not this time. Most times there is. It looks like a bunch of novellas written for Christmas.

Here's a historical for you!

Happily Ever After by Tanya Anne Crosby
Genre: Historical Romance (1900's-1910's)
Former Publisher: Avon (1999)
Note: This has been updated by the author and several new scenes added.

Last edited by Blossom; 11-28-2012 at 08:03 PM.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 08:15 PM   #212
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Free:

Offside (The Barker Triplets) by Juliana Stone
Genre: Contemporary Romance (Hockey)
Note: This is the same Author who has those amazing Victorian covers and the paranormal series.

If I Can't Have You
by Patti Berg
Genre: Paranormal Romance (Time Travel 1920's-1930's)
Former publisher: Avon (1998)

Repeat Freebie:
Texas Outlaw (Wild Texas Nights, Book 1) by Adrienne deWolfe
Genre: Historical Romance Western

Last edited by Blossom; 11-28-2012 at 08:19 PM.
Advert
Old 11-28-2012, 08:15 PM   #213
copyrite
Wizard
copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ...lots! ;) mostly reading on a Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
It looks like a bunch of novellas written for Christmas.
'Tis the season! I listened to the SBTB podcast while I fixed dinner and had to laugh....the gals clearly don't think much of holiday themed books!
copyrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 08:31 PM   #214
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by copyrite View Post
'Tis the season! I listened to the SBTB podcast while I fixed dinner and had to laugh....the gals clearly don't think much of holiday themed books!
Sarah doesn't celebrate Christmas. So I can understand why she wouldn't like them.

I love holiday theme books! I just wish more were stand alones. It seems every one is like 4th to 6th in a series these days. I read alot of Novellas this time of the year.

Some real cute Holiday Harlequins I read last Christmas are:
  • Christmas Magic by by Andrea Edwards
  • Santa in a Stetson by Vicki Lewis Thompson
  • Cole in My Stocking by by Jule McBride
  • Season Of Miracles by Christine Michels
  • Cowboy Santa by Judy Christenberry
  • Smoochin' Santa by Jule McBride (bk 1)
  • Santa Slept Over by by Jule McBride (bk 2)
  • The Christmas Cradle by Linda Warren
  • Caught Under the Mistletoe! by Kate Hoffmann

All of them are were wonderful! I enjoy Jules Mcbride the most and now have all her books. The Christmas Cradle made me weep and go OMG but all have a good HEA. Cole in my Stocking was great! Seasons of Miracles was a amnesia romance. Santa in stetson was my first Vicki Lewis Thompson and since then I have gotten all her books and read a couple more.

Almost all of these are Harlequin Treasury titles I got at FW. I'm gonna miss that store!

Last edited by Blossom; 11-28-2012 at 08:36 PM.
Old 11-28-2012, 09:21 PM   #215
copyrite
Wizard
copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ...lots! ;) mostly reading on a Kindle Voyage
The only one I've read in your list is The Christmas Cradle... and I must admit that it's half a tissue box worthy! It has an eHarlequin tag on it... I'm thinking I bought it last January, and read it while I was still in the mood to read Christmas stories.

I'm a sucker for the free and 99 cent holiday stories.
copyrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-28-2012, 09:59 PM   #216
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
The only one I've read in your list is The Christmas Cradle... and I must admit that it's half a tissue box worthy! It has an eHarlequin tag on it... I'm thinking I bought it last January, and read it while I was still in the mood to read Christmas stories.

It was a wonderful story! The author took me by surprise. I usually figure out how a story is going to unfold but she got me. I bought mine from Kobo and it was when Kobo was messing up their epubs by adding their kepub script to it. So it has this huge type size and horrible formatting to it but I couldn't put it down. I read it on my Kindle Fire in one sitting while in bed. I had no tissues handy. Woke my hubby up who gave a grunted sigh then shook his head and went back to sleep.

The others listed are more lighthearted with exception of Season for miracles. It had it moments. I just did a search at Fictionwise. They have the best search engine. I did a search for Harlequin Treasury Christmas so now I have a big wishlist at Amazon to pick from. I'm gonna miss those coupons!
Old 11-29-2012, 01:36 AM   #217
basschick
Wizard
basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
i don't read much christian fiction, but i loved this one

Quote:
Originally Posted by auntykatkat View Post
Free at Amazon and B&N Christmas at Harrington's by Melody Carlson.

Sometimes the best gift is a second chance

Christmas is approaching, and Lena Markham finds herself penniless, friendless, and nearly hopeless. She is trying to restart her life, but job opportunities are practically nonexistent. When a secondhand red coat unexpectedly lands her a job as Mrs. Santa at a department store, Lena finally thinks her luck is changing. But can she keep her past a secret?

http://www.amazon.com/Christmas-at-H.../dp/B004071VLG

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/chri...=9781441213587

Auntykatkat
basschick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 04:03 AM   #218
Piper_
~~~~~
Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Sony 350
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
Not this time. Most times there is. It looks like a bunch of novellas written for Christmas.

Here's a historical for you!

Happily Ever After by Tanya Anne Crosby
Genre: Historical Romance (1900's-1910's)
Former Publisher: Avon (1999)
Note: This has been updated by the author and several new scenes added.
Awesome!
Piper_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 08:59 AM   #219
auntykatkat
Evangelist
auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook/Nook Color
Quote:
Originally Posted by basschick View Post
i don't read much christian fiction, but i loved this one
Glad you liked it. I haven't started it yet. Gives me something to look forward to.

Auntykatkat
auntykatkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 08:59 AM   #220
Sydney's Mom
Wizard
Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Fire 3d Gen and 5th Gen and Samsung Tab S
Quote:
Right there with you! We go to a small townhouse/ski place for Christmas, and while everyone is sleeping, I snuggle up by the fire and read Christmas stories!
Sydney's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 09:51 AM   #221
apesmom
Wizard
apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Nova Air, Galaxy Note 10
Kindle Freebies

Girls Night by Stef Ann Holm (Mira 2002)

Escape out of Darkness by Ann Stuart (Dell 1986)
apesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 10:21 AM   #222
Britomart
Guru
Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Opus, PC
Free from Amazon:

Medicine Man's Affair US DE by Doreen Owens Malek (orig. Native Season, 1983).

Quote:
Tall, honey blonde with gray-blue eyes, Jennifer Gardiner hardly fit the role of Publicity Director for the Philadelphia Freedom football team. A lawyer and a professional in a rough-and-tumble world of men, she’d learned to be wary of gridiron heroes––until Lee Youngson shattered her hard earned cool. A proud American Indian, witty and devastating, he broke all the rules, sweeping Jennifer into a passion she had never known. She abandoned all caution for a single reckless night. Now it was too late to turn back. She wanted Lee for a lifetime, but they were worlds apart. His past and his heritage stood between them. Could love ever bridge the gap?
Dance of Desire US DE by Catherine Kean (Medallion, 2005).

Quote:
Desperate to save her brother Rudd from being condemned as a traitor, Lady Rexana Villeaux must dance in disguise at a feast for the High Sheriff of Warringham. Her goal is to distract him so her servant can steal a damning missive from the sheriff’s solar. Dressed in the gauzy costume of a desert courtesan, dancing with all the passion and sensuality in her soul, she succeeds in her mission. And, at the same time, condemns herself. Fane Linford, the banished son of an English earl, joined Richard’s crusade only to find himself a captive in a hellish eastern prison. He survived the years of torment, it’s rumored, because of the love of a Saracen courtesan. The rumors are true. And when he sees Rexana dance, Richard has promised Fane an English bride, yet he desires only one woman—the exotic dancer who tempted him. Then he discovers the dancer’s identity. And learns her brother is in his dungeon, accused of plotting against the throne. It is more temptation than Fane can resist. The last thing Rexana wants is marriage to the dark and brooding Sheriff of Warringham. But her brother is his prisoner, and there may be only one way to save him. Taking the greatest chance of her life, Rexana becomes the sheriff’s bride. And learns that the Dance of Desire was only a beginning.
Britomart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 12:52 PM   #223
auntykatkat
Evangelist
auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

For all those who do like the Christmas Stories

Christmas In Magnolia Cove by Rachel Hanna.

http://www.amazon.com/Christmas-In-M.../dp/B009ZMIBU0

Auntykatkat
Old 11-29-2012, 03:44 PM   #224
auntykatkat
Evangelist

Ok, it's Thursday and there are some great deals to be had from the RT's weekly Cheaper by the Dozen. You have Robyn Carr, Eloisa James, Lynsay Sands, Jeaniene Frost & more.

http://www.rtbookreviews.com/rt-dail...-book-deals-75

Auntykatkat
Old 11-29-2012, 10:18 PM   #225
Joykins
Wizard
Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle Oasis 2018, kindle 4 NT, kindle PW2, iPhone, iPad mini
I like Carla Kelly's Christmas romances.
Joykins is offline   Reply With Quote