Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 11-23-2013, 05:13 PM   #661
jackastor
Wizard
jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iphone stanza, kobo touch,ASUS TF300,KOBO GLO, Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by murg View Post
As in "Lost in Translation"?
This is a major issue and failing of Kobo, the failure to provide the user with realtime information regarding these updates. It would seem that Kobo has opted the old "INTEL CPU" MOTO "IF ITS BROKE DON'T TELL THEM BECAUSE THEY ARE TOO DUMB TO NOTICE OR REALIZE!"

Well I don't know if its extreme as that but it certainly does feel that way on a whole lot of different levels.

regards

Jack
jackastor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 04:04 AM   #662
murg
No Comment
murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: Not just an eReader, it's an adventure!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackastor View Post
This is a major issue and failing of Kobo, the failure to provide the user with realtime information regarding these updates. It would seem that Kobo has opted the old "INTEL CPU" MOTO "IF ITS BROKE DON'T TELL THEM BECAUSE THEY ARE TOO DUMB TO NOTICE OR REALIZE!"

Well I don't know if its extreme as that but it certainly does feel that way on a whole lot of different levels.

regards

Jack
The even more major problem that I see from Kobo is that they don't tell you when they change the User Interface.
murg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 04:11 PM   #663
jackastor
Wizard
jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
The even more major problem that I see from Kobo is that they don't tell you when they change the User Interface.
Exactly, and it would not be difficult to have a change log on their website, outlining the changes, perhaps the reason why. For example bug fixes.... what bugs are they fixing, because based on the comments we see posted in the forums they seem to keep the ones that annoy the users most intact with out any real fixing of the bugs! Unless of course the reason its kept around, for instance the top and bottom margins of the screens is a feature the developers desire. I know sometimes I get a line across the top and bottom of where these margins are, (I assume they are like boxes that can be sized etc, because that's what this particular bug looks like) and you can definitely see the wasted space that people comment about. Really all that is needed is a single line to display the information in bold text perhaps? with no free space above or below. Seems that this would be an easy and quick fix, its certainly not rocket science here. But since one really never knows, it might actually fall under rocket science, I am certainly not a Kobo Developer/Programmer! so I don't know what Kobo's requirements are in this department.

regards

Jack

Last edited by jackastor; 11-24-2013 at 04:13 PM.
Old 11-24-2013, 05:15 PM   #664
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
Quote:
Don't ask don't tell Perhaps it is a disgruntled subversive reaction to being bought out and not getting free sushi

Helen
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 06:37 PM   #665
jackastor
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by speakingtohe View Post
Don't ask don't tell Perhaps it is a disgruntled subversive reaction to being bought out and not getting free sushi

Helen
O!!!!! so its sushi is it?

regards

Jack
Old 11-24-2013, 07:30 PM   #666
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackastor View Post
For example bug fixes.... what bugs are they fixing, because based on the comments we see posted in the forums they seem to keep the ones that annoy the users most intact with out any real fixing of the bugs!
To be fair, in 3.0.0 they did finally get rid of the ghastly white box 'Sleeping' eyesore which defaced all my nice sleep screensaver covers. OK, maybe it wasn't a bug, as such, but definitely a negative enhancement feature. Anyway I, for one, was very glad to see the back of it!
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 07:39 PM   #667
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie_w View Post
To be fair, in 3.0.0 they did finally get rid of the ghastly white box 'Sleeping' eyesore which defaced all my nice sleep screensaver covers. OK, maybe it wasn't a bug, as such, but definitely a negative enhancement feature. Anyway I, for one, was very glad to see the back of it!
Why, does the back of it look better than the front of it?

Yes, I should have resisted, but...
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 11:19 PM   #668
jackastor
Wizard

Quote:
I could not have said that better. it was an eyesore and could have been much more discreet. Why it took so long to implement though boggles the mind.

Regards,

Jack
Old 11-25-2013, 03:37 AM   #669
Lucas Malor
Pain in the arse
Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Kindle 4
What about "annotations in random order" bug in 3.0? Are bookmarks still mixed with other annotations, with no possibility to filter them?
Lucas Malor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 05:34 AM   #670
Rev. Bob
Wizard
Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O, iPad mini 3, Kindle Touch
Quote:
I'd be happier if I could configure the Sleep screen one way and the Off screen another - especially if I could choose between the "frame", older "banner", and "info box" styles.
Rev. Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 05:58 AM   #671
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucas Malor View Post
What about "annotations in random order" bug in 3.0? Are bookmarks still mixed with other annotations, with no possibility to filter them?
There hasn't been any change in the bookmark and annotation bugs with 3.0.0.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 08:19 AM   #672
treadlightly
Wizard
treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev. Bob View Post
I'd be happier if I could configure the Sleep screen one way and the Off screen another - especially if I could choose between the "frame", older "banner", and "info box" styles.
This! I like the older banner. I miss percent read, but I don't want to see it in a big box in the middle of the cover.
treadlightly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 09:57 AM   #673
lohtse
Groupie
lohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercise

Device: Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by treadlightly View Post
This! I like the older banner. I miss percent read, but I don't want to see it in a big box in the middle of the cover.
my banners is semi clear/white with percent read!!! am on 3.0.1!!!
lohtse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 10:19 AM   #674
treadlightly
Wizard
treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by lohtse View Post
my banners is semi clear/white with percent read!!! am on 3.0.1!!!
The Touch firmware kept the old banner, but the Glo/Aura firmware has the ugly box, unfortunately. One would think that since the code is out there, it would be easy for Kobo to give users the three choices.
treadlightly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 03:55 PM   #675
Rev. Bob
Wizard
Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O, iPad mini 3, Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by treadlightly View Post
The Touch firmware kept the old banner, but the Glo/Aura firmware has the ugly box, unfortunately. One would think that since the code is out there, it would be easy for Kobo to give users the three choices.
There's an option in the settings menu to turn off the "info box" - but it only works on the Sleep screen and is grayed out if you haven't selected full-size covers. With that combination, the Off screen doesn't change (black info box, "Powered off" and percentage) but the Sleeping screen does (white info box is gone).
Rev. Bob is offline   Reply With Quote