Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 06-23-2013, 08:41 PM   #451
jgoguen
Generally Awesome Person
jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, Kindle Oasis
I haven't been able to duplicate this. Can you try a few things?

First, open calibre's preferences, choose Plugins and verify that KoboTouchExtended is not in the list of installed plugins. It will be under the Device Interface Plugins category. To make it easier to find, you can check the Show only user installed plugins box above the list of plugins. This driver is a user-installed plugin and so it shows up when that box is checked. If you don't see it, great. If you do, please remove it. Close calibre before continuing.

Second, open calibre's configuration directory and delete the file named device_drivers_KOBOTOUCHEXTENDED.py if it exists. If you're using Windows, you may not see the '.py' part of the name. For some stupid reason, Microsoft made the bad decision to hide file extensions and force that preference on people...

To open calibre's configuration directory if you don't know where it is:
  • Open calibre's preferences
  • Choose Miscellaneous
  • Click Open calibre configuration directory

Next, still in calibre's configuration directory, open the plugins directory and verify that there is no such file KoboTouchExtended.zip. If it is there, delete the file. Again, if you are using Windows you may not see the '.zip' part of the name, so either show file extensions before doing this or just delete everything with KoboTouchExtended in the name.

Last, start calibre again and restart it in debug mode (click the arrow beside the Preferences icon in the toolbar and choose Restart in debug mode and then try to install the plugin again. If it works, you can just close calibre and ignore the debug log that comes up and continue using calibre normally. If it fails, please close calibre, copy the debug log that appears, and paste it in here.
jgoguen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 06:24 AM   #452
Martina Schein
eBook-Reader-Fan
Martina Schein ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martina Schein ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martina Schein ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martina Schein ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martina Schein ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martina Schein ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martina Schein ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martina Schein ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martina Schein ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martina Schein ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martina Schein ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O 2nd Edition
The problem is solved. In the plugin directory, the "KoboTouchExtended.zip" had taken root - for whatever reason. After I deleted it, I was able to install the plugin.
Thanks for the help.
Martina Schein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 10:40 PM   #453
jgoguen
Generally Awesome Person
jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I took a few minutes tonight and moved bug tracking from GitHub to Launchpad. The new bug tracker URL is in the README file and also in the first post of this thread. Development isn't moving, only bug tracking, because Launchpad lets me have bugs that aren't publicly visible. The advantage to this is that is allows you, my adoring fans, to upload books directly to the bug tracker and flag the bug as not publicly visible so that copyrighted eBooks can be sent. Once I'm done with it, I can remove the file(s) and make the bug public again.

Launchpad also has a nifty "Blueprints" feature that I may consider making use of.
Old 07-04-2013, 04:06 PM   #454
jackastor
Wizard
jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iphone stanza, kobo touch,ASUS TF300,KOBO GLO, Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Mini
Messed up Directory placement

I have set up the Extended driver to place my books on my sd card in a directory by the name of mainebookcard followed by author\title directories.

A few times now I have had the mainebookcard directory get changed to various names that have some of the directory title name in it. This has happened with the previous version and current versions of 1.5 extended driver. Has anyone else had this problem ? And if so what is the fix for it?

regards

Jack
jackastor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 04:39 PM   #455
jgoguen
Generally Awesome Person

Please see the first post for directions on reporting a bug. Be sure to include your exact save template and an example or two of what is wrong. Be aware that the extended driver does very little with the save template and simply passes it along to the main driver for copying.
Old 07-05-2013, 03:33 AM   #456
sydneycat1999
sydneycat1999 began at the beginning.

Device: Notebook & HP iPAQ 212, Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7, Kobo Glo
Thanks for this plugin. So far not having much problem with it. As I used the plugin as soon as I received my Kobo Glo I wouldn't know any other way to manage and send my books from the computer to the Glo. The actual pagination also really helps especially in a book discussion. Usually have to just wing it " As mentioned in Chapter so and so not sure which page it is in the hard copy..." so with this not anymore. Haven't really used the dictionary - but I do use the annotation feature a lot.
sydneycat1999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 05:01 AM   #457
jgoguen
Generally Awesome Person

Quote:
Originally Posted by sydneycat1999 View Post
The actual pagination also really helps especially in a book discussion. Usually have to just wing it " As mentioned in Chapter so and so not sure which page it is in the hard copy..." so with this not anymore.
Well, I hate to disappoint, but the page numbers don't line up with the physical book except for 'first page of the chapter' and 'last page of the chapter'. What the page number represents is the number of physical pages on the Kobo device that are in the current chapter. If you change your display settings (font size, margins) so the device can put more data on the screen, eventually that 'Chapter 1 - Page 1 of 10' will become 'Chapter 1 - Page 1 of 9' (or page 1 of 11 if you go for less data on the screen). Even with the standard ePub renderer and it's 'Page 1 of 427' display has no bearing on the numer of pages in the physical book; it's actually technically the number of 1024 word chunks of text across all files, which means that you may be on page 237, turn the page, and still be on page 237.

Technically, as far as I've seen (but never bothered to fully verify yet) I believe the KePub page numbering is actually the number of physical pages on the Kobo device in the current content file, and there's typically one content file per chapter.

And really, even if you and I both have physical copies, there's no guarantee that we can reference pages like that anyway. Let's say you buy The Lord of the Rings trilogy in trade paperback and I go buy it as a single-volume hardcover. Tell me on which page, or even on which page of which chapter, does Smeagol throw the group's Lembas bread off the ledge they're sleeping on Similarly, if we both buy the same eBook and read on the same model Kobo (Glo, Aura, Mini, whatever), my page numbering is possibly legitimately different from yours.
Old 07-05-2013, 11:20 AM   #458
eXistenZ
Connoisseur
eXistenZ for a long time would go to bed early.eXistenZ for a long time would go to bed early.eXistenZ for a long time would go to bed early.eXistenZ for a long time would go to bed early.eXistenZ for a long time would go to bed early.eXistenZ for a long time would go to bed early.eXistenZ for a long time would go to bed early.eXistenZ for a long time would go to bed early.eXistenZ for a long time would go to bed early.eXistenZ for a long time would go to bed early.eXistenZ for a long time would go to bed early.

Device: Kobo GLO
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackastor View Post
I have set up the Extended driver to place my books on my sd card in a directory by the name of mainebookcard followed by author\title directories.

A few times now I have had the mainebookcard directory get changed to various names that have some of the directory title name in it. This has happened with the previous version and current versions of 1.5 extended driver. Has anyone else had this problem ? And if so what is the fix for it?

regards

Jack

I'm not sure but maybe I had the same problem, and I don't think it's related to the plug-in.
I set Calibre to create this directory structure when sending to kobo:
Calibre/Author_Sort/Series/Number - Serie name - Title - Author.kepub.epub

for the majority of the ebooks it worked well, but some times i found ebooks in kobo's memory this way:
Cabre/Autr_Sot/Serie/Number - Serie natle - Author.kepub.epub
or
Calie/Authrt/Sers/Number - Sertle - Author.kepub.epub

If this is your case too, I found that problem was too much characters in the resulting filename, I solved simplifying directory structure canceling series from the file name:

Calibre/Author_Sort/Series/Number - Title - Author.kepub.epub

Hope it can help.
eXistenZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 01:11 AM   #459
babadockia
Zealot
babadockia can read faster than his screen refreshesbabadockia can read faster than his screen refreshesbabadockia can read faster than his screen refreshesbabadockia can read faster than his screen refreshesbabadockia can read faster than his screen refreshesbabadockia can read faster than his screen refreshesbabadockia can read faster than his screen refreshesbabadockia can read faster than his screen refreshesbabadockia can read faster than his screen refreshesbabadockia can read faster than his screen refreshesbabadockia can read faster than his screen refreshes

Device: kobo aura hd, trekstor pyrus maxi with texet 138 firmware
on kobo aura, with the latest calibre and plugin version, I have a strange problem: on a big book, with a lot of chapters, after, let's say, chapter 25, it jumps back to the home screen, the one with tiles. to be more clear, after the last page of the 25th chapter, it makes a sign like it bookmarks the page, then Aura takes a break and goes back to that home screen. the books are in romanian, so....

Last edited by babadockia; 07-17-2013 at 03:37 AM.
babadockia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 04:37 AM   #460
jgoguen
Generally Awesome Person

Please see the first post for directions on reporting a bug.
Old 07-21-2013, 02:21 PM   #461
Joques
Addict
Joques is my name, but call me Ishmael.Joques is my name, but call me Ishmael.Joques is my name, but call me Ishmael.Joques is my name, but call me Ishmael.Joques is my name, but call me Ishmael.Joques is my name, but call me Ishmael.Joques is my name, but call me Ishmael.Joques is my name, but call me Ishmael.Joques is my name, but call me Ishmael.Joques is my name, but call me Ishmael.Joques is my name, but call me Ishmael.

Device: Kobo Glo
Whoops. I just updated the driver, re-transferred my books, and now every single book is unreadable. They are also coverless. Not a single dot like before, just an empty square for the cover.

Is there a way to go back to the last version of the plugin? I tried downloading 1.4.3, but when I installed that, it still said 1.5.0 in the plugin viewer. I had to go back to the default driver just so I can continue reading my current book. I realize that my books have been rendered ... non-standard by my processing, so I'm not looking for heroic measures; if I could just go back to the previous version, that's good enough for me.
Joques is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 03:17 PM   #462
jgoguen
Generally Awesome Person

If you go to the GitHub repo you can choose any release since I started tagging and download that release instead of the 'master' branch. Build the plugin according to README directions to get the ZIP file. You then remove the plugin from calibre, restart calibre, load the new ZIP file you built using the option to load a plugin from a file, restart calibre again, and ignore all future notifications from calibre about an update to this plugin. Which you will get every single time you start calibre.

How exactly 'non-standard' are the ePub files you're processing, and what did you do to them? I've seen some pretty ugly files get converted just fine.
Old 07-21-2013, 04:10 PM   #463
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
@Joques: Did you drop the books from the Kobo before resending? It's always safest to do that.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 04:18 PM   #464
Joques
Addict
Joques is my name, but call me Ishmael.Joques is my name, but call me Ishmael.Joques is my name, but call me Ishmael.Joques is my name, but call me Ishmael.Joques is my name, but call me Ishmael.Joques is my name, but call me Ishmael.Joques is my name, but call me Ishmael.Joques is my name, but call me Ishmael.Joques is my name, but call me Ishmael.Joques is my name, but call me Ishmael.Joques is my name, but call me Ishmael.

Device: Kobo Glo
Sorry, my mistake. Argh, so many steps, and so easy to make a mistake :-)

(Short story long: I have to reconvert my files epub-epub for them to work with the extended driver. It's just the way it is. ATM I had re-imported all my books into Calibre in order to add/edit synopsis for all my books. But that was before I went on vacation, and I had forgotten that I had to reconvert them before I can add them with the extended driver.)

Everything fine here, carry on, nothing to see ... :-)
Joques is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 06:04 AM   #465
glos
Zealot
glos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Hello, thanks for this plugin, worked perfectly, I just had to follow the instructions (obviously!)
Just one thing, I wonder if there are more options I can't see, because when I am customizing it, it doesn't fit the screen. No big if there's only the "apply" cut off, I have done by hitting enter. Just asking Maybe I simply don't know how to make it fit
ah (calibre 0.9.34 or 0.9.40, I just tried updating / plugin 1.5.0 - well I installed it yesterday so I think it's the latest one / Mac osx 10.6.8)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Schermata 2013-07-22 a 11.39.36.png
Views:	245
Size:	402.3 KB
ID:	108447  
glos is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
error, kobo aura one