Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 11-14-2012, 02:28 PM   #2791
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@rogerinnyc: I just tweaked it so that it at least won't do it anymore when not needed (only the first sleep cycle after a switch) . [It'll be in the next version].
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 07:35 PM   #2792
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
ARgh when I went to this thread and saw no attachments there was an eerie post-apocalypse vibe going on!!!

: D
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 07:41 PM   #2793
darseno
Connoisseur
darseno rocks like Gibraltar!darseno rocks like Gibraltar!darseno rocks like Gibraltar!darseno rocks like Gibraltar!darseno rocks like Gibraltar!darseno rocks like Gibraltar!darseno rocks like Gibraltar!darseno rocks like Gibraltar!darseno rocks like Gibraltar!darseno rocks like Gibraltar!darseno rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: prs-500
I'm also wondering where the attachments have gone.

The author edited the first post 27 minutes ago.
darseno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 07:52 PM   #2794
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

And another round of updates (that's where the attachments went, my ISP has shitty peerings with the US/Canada ) .

* Python 0.2.N: Updated binaries (updated TC)
* ScreenSavers 0.32.N Updated binaries (updated TC), a crapload of cover mode fixes
* Fonts v5.6.N: Updated binaries, libs (updated TC)
* USBNetwork 0.46.N: Updated binaries (updated TC)

Last edited by NiLuJe; 11-15-2012 at 08:00 PM.
Old 11-16-2012, 04:29 AM   #2795
Noope
Noope can extract oil from cheeseNoope can extract oil from cheeseNoope can extract oil from cheeseNoope can extract oil from cheeseNoope can extract oil from cheeseNoope can extract oil from cheeseNoope can extract oil from cheeseNoope can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle 3 Keyboard 3G
If i'd like to use new versions of ss 0.32 and fonts 5.6. Do I need first uninstall old ones or i can update them simply?
Noope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 07:32 AM   #2796
qlob
Official Lurker
qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3.4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noope View Post
If i'd like to use new versions of ss 0.32 and fonts 5.6. Do I need first uninstall old ones or i can update them simply?
Just update them. I did that not even 4 hours ao and cover mode is working nicely.

@Niluje, your cover mode is nice! Now i just need to get books with decent covers. xD
qlob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 05:11 PM   #2797
TwoPointFive
TwoPointFive began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 v3.0.2
NiLuGe,

Where can I download jailbreak version 0.10.N to do an uninstall?

Last edited by TwoPointFive; 11-16-2012 at 05:16 PM. Reason: forgot something
TwoPointFive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 05:28 PM   #2798
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoPointFive View Post
NiLuGe,

Where can I download jailbreak version 0.10.N to do an uninstall?
Any jailbreak version can uninstall any jailbreak. You do not need the 0.10.N uninstaller. All a jailbreak uninstall does is to delete the jailbreak key from a known location (which you can also do manually).
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 08:26 PM   #2799
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@TwoPointFive: Nowhere. Use the latest one, it handles all previous versions perfectly well.
Old 11-16-2012, 09:46 PM   #2800
YukonTrooper
YukonTrooper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueYukonTrooper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueYukonTrooper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueYukonTrooper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueYukonTrooper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueYukonTrooper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueYukonTrooper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueYukonTrooper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueYukonTrooper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueYukonTrooper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueYukonTrooper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: Kindle 3G
OP says you updated binaries in 0.11.N jailbreak files. I installed the 0.11.N jailbreak before you updated the binaries. OP also says I don't need to run jailbreak again, unless I'm on Kindle 3.x (I'm on Kindle wireless 3.4). Should I run the new jailbreak with updated binaries or just run the new SS and font updates?

Last edited by YukonTrooper; 11-16-2012 at 09:50 PM.
YukonTrooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 10:34 PM   #2801
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@YukonTrooper: Don't touch the jailbreak.
Old 11-17-2012, 01:18 AM   #2802
Tanga
Zealot
Tanga shares his or her toysTanga shares his or her toysTanga shares his or her toysTanga shares his or her toysTanga shares his or her toysTanga shares his or her toysTanga shares his or her toysTanga shares his or her toysTanga shares his or her toysTanga shares his or her toysTanga shares his or her toys

Device: Kindle 3
Old version of

Halp - my laptop power supply is currently trashed, so I can't access my kindle software, but I need to uninstall usbnetworking - can I get the last two??? I'm trying to uninstall (or update) it using the current version, and I get error 3, so presume I need to uninstall it using the original version - I can't remember what it is, but it only would have been a few weeks back.

If someone could upload the last version before this one (or maybe the one before that) I'd be very grateful. Thanks!
Tanga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 08:51 AM   #2803
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@Tanga:

1. You don't need to uninstall it to update it.
2. And even if you did, the latest version's uninstaller handles every previous versions.
3. Don't reboot with a custom update package on the root of your Kindle, always use the 'Update Your Kindle' link in the Settings menu.
Old 11-18-2012, 03:32 AM   #2804
freewheeling
Nameless Being

is there an instruction set for issuing private commands from the Kindle for usbNet? I have a kindle 2 and I need to set the password and get it back into mass storage mode so that I can rename that blank auto file but don't know how to do it. Shouldn't the instruction set be referenced somewhere near the front of the thread, or documented as part of the package?
Old 11-18-2012, 09:32 AM   #2805
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@freewheeling:
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
Also note that, while there is a zipfile for the usbnetwok hack attached here, I won't provide any support for it, and I strongly discourage anyone not well versed in bare-bone Linux CLI system administration to even try it. It's far too easy to brick your device/mess up the software with that thing.
That said, there is an extensive README(_FIRST) in the package.

Tags
fonts, fw3, hack, jailbreak 3.1, niluje's hacks, screensavers, usbnet