Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > ePub

Notices

Old 07-23-2010, 04:31 AM   #1
stunev
stunev began at the beginning.

Device: sony prs505
epub file website downloads

Hi Everybody,

My company wants to offer our customers ebooks in addition to PDFs.

I use Adobe CS4 and have created ebooks using the best practice suggested (paragraph styles, character styles etc.) and the tests I've done look OK.

Here's the problem, when I put a test file on our website and click on the link in Firefox or IE8 I get a 'page not found' message, I can't read the ebook directly in Firefox even though the Applications helper is set up to read then using ADE and I can't downlaod it either. I've previewed the page in Dreamweaver and checked the path and it's correct.

I had hoped that our customers could download ebooks from our site as easily as they download PDFs at the moment.

Any advice would be much appreciated.
stunev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 07:20 AM   #2
charleski
Wizard
charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505
Does right-clicking and saving the file work?
charleski is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-23-2010, 07:31 AM   #3
Worldwalker
Curmudgeon
Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505
It would help if you posted a link to an example of the offending files for testing purposes.
Worldwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 12:44 PM   #4
frabjous
Wizard
frabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Sony PRS-505
Make sure the web server is properly configured to send the appropriate mime-type for ePub files. (Most aren’t out of the box.)

application/epub+zip

(Unfortunately, the mimetype file inside the ePub isn’t enough.)
frabjous is offline   Reply With Quote