Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Tablets

Notices

Old 12-03-2011, 01:48 PM   #16
Haesslich
Fanatic
Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch,Glo,Mini,Aura/HD/One,H20, Sony PRS-300/600, Kindle 3-PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reader Paradice View Post
--------------------------------------------

I'm glad that you are liking the effect. It really strips all can-smear residue off of the screen and makes for a really good finger/screen contact.

Funny, how we have lost what was common-sense household cleaning solutions, in favour of the commercial advertised-pounding we get to buy 'new..and improved'...whatever!

Vinegar and Water for glass and surface cleaning. 50/50 makes for the best all round mixture. The water should be distilled for best pickup.

Coarse and or normal salt sprinkled on cookware to scrub off grease and grime before a good rinsing....all of the old 'grandma' ways still work, and in most cases better for the job, personal health of the family, and general environment. I think that book readers, are in general; 'green' people! We exercise our minds, and with that, tend to reason a lot more... (smile).

Edit: Hieronymous, it also will take that smear/glaze off of the Vox and really let you see the glorious colours that it can display. Some people are still looking through a haze layer (and that haze layer keeps building up...), even with after cleaning with other solutions. Yeppers....
Screen protector lets me use water and a microfiber cloth to pick up oils on screens, but I use the extra strength cleaning vinegar for floors, tile, counters, and mirrors. Quite useful, if not as cheap as generic pine scented cleaners.
Haesslich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 02:04 PM   #17
hieronymos
Groupie
hieronymos is that somebody.hieronymos is that somebody.hieronymos is that somebody.hieronymos is that somebody.hieronymos is that somebody.hieronymos is that somebody.hieronymos is that somebody.hieronymos is that somebody.hieronymos is that somebody.hieronymos is that somebody.hieronymos is that somebody.

Device: Kobo Vox
By the way, I'm not quite sure the screen is made out of glass. I find it peculiarly flexible when I hold down a finger in the middle.
hieronymos is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert