Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 02-13-2012, 01:02 PM   #16
PF4Mobile
Guru
PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Kobo Touch, Nook Touch, EEE 800 Note, Entourage PE, finally M92
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_mahermahey View Post
IRS..., that was before coffee sorry. I owe, and pay, the taxes to my state tax board not the IRS. And at least in california that's the law, if it was up to the seller I doubt there'd be any sales tax. That's also probably the confusion with canada as US has no national sales tax but myriad local sales taxes.
We had GST and PST too but they are now merged into HST
Let's stop it here if you agree, since this has nothing to do with Onyx :-))
PF4Mobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 01:02 PM   #17
PF4Mobile
Guru
PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.

OK I just received mine today.
Here is how it went:
ordered

2012/02/21 07:27 My neighbourhood Item out for delivery
00:06 My neighbourhood Item processed at postal facility
00:05 My neighbourhood Item processed at local delivery facility
2012/02/20 17:58 MISSISSAUGA Item processed at postal facility
10:43 MISSISSAUGA International item released from Customs for processing by Canada Post
2012/02/15 17:05 MISSISSAUGA International item arrived in Canada and will be reviewed by Customs
2012/02/14 09:55 International item processed in origin country
09:55 International item has left the origin country and is en route to Canada
2012/02/11 13:59 International item mailed in origin country

So it took 3 days USA to Canada
Almost a week within Canada :-(

Paid 13$ in taxes and 8$ shipping and handling at the Canada Post end
Free shipping from the store
I used the 20$ discount cupon posted here

All in all I paid 420$ for the device (409USD converted to 420CAD by the bank :-( ) and 20$ tax+SH&H
This is clearly cheaper than ordering from Europe.

When ordering you get a tracking number (USPS) which can be used on Canada Post's site as well when the package enters Canada

Last edited by PF4Mobile; 03-09-2012 at 03:48 PM.
Old 04-03-2012, 10:42 PM   #18
MikeOnyx
OnyxBoox Sales
MikeOnyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOnyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOnyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOnyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOnyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOnyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOnyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOnyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOnyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOnyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOnyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox
How taxes are assessed at Onyxboox.com

Hello. This is Yale with OnyxBoox.com. For those who are curious about the website and how it relates to your taxes, we do charge sales tax for customers who live in our home state of Georgia in the US. For all other locations, it is up to the recipient who gets the item to pay. Our feedback from international customers show that most have not been charged a tax. If you have any questions, feel free to reply to this or my other posts.
MikeOnyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 01:47 AM   #19
maindoor
Enthusiast
maindoor began at the beginning.

Device: hanlin
Hello MikeOnyx,

How long does it take to ship a M92 from your location to CA ?
I'm planning to visit CA sometime this Month for a week. If I can get it in 3 days. I can test it out and if fine I can take it back with me or return it if there
is a fault.
maindoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 09:18 AM   #20
MikeOnyx
OnyxBoox Sales
MikeOnyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOnyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOnyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOnyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOnyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOnyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOnyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOnyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOnyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOnyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOnyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox
If you order today, before 3:00 PM Eastern time, we can get that out to you via USPS Priority mail. It should arrive within 3 days. Please let me know if you'd like to do that.
MikeOnyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 12:35 PM   #21
mundey
mundey began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox M92
onyxboox.com guy Mike was on leave so my order got delayed by a month. But i received it in July 2012.

Last edited by mundey; 07-17-2012 at 05:13 AM.
mundey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 12:50 PM   #22
PF4Mobile
Guru

If you paid with a CC the CC company should be able to return your money
It has been a month since the transaction was done, just go to the bank and make a claim
Moreover if you paid with a VISA Gold like CC or better then you might have some sort of insurance for this situation
Old 07-09-2012, 08:51 PM   #23
patmo141
patmo141 began at the beginning.

Device: onyx boox m92
I just ordered mine today from onyxboox.com before seeing mundey's post :-/ Perhaps they were on vacation, got back today, and will mail mine and yours tomorrow.

cheers,
optimism
patmo141 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 10:01 AM   #24
patmo141
patmo141 began at the beginning.

I was able to get in touch with Yale this morning before their office hours. He said he just got back from China (where he was for a month) on personal matters and that hes working through 80+ emails/orders/issues as fast as he can. It's a one man show, and while a month of radio silence is not good business, I think I will live :-)

patmo141 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 03:01 AM   #25
mundey
mundey began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox M92
Quote:
Originally Posted by patmo141 View Post
I was able to get in touch with Yale this morning before their office hours. He said he just got back from China (where he was for a month) on personal matters and that hes working through 80+ emails/orders/issues as fast as he can. It's a one man show, and while a month of radio silence is not good business, I think I will live :-)
Thanks for the favor Patmo, I also received reply from Yale. Yale promised to ship the product within 24 hours.

I totally agree - one should at least reply to mails, it's serious business matter otherwise it does not take time to spoil one's rating specially in online shopping.
mundey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 05:54 PM   #26
benji2b
benji2b began at the beginning.

Device: none
@MikeOnyx

I am an international buyer (France) and I ordered a M92 from your website on the 01/10/2012. My money was deducted from my account but there was no communication with you until today (except at the beginning for the card issuer phone number). I have paid but I don't know where is my M92...

Thanks for replying to this post when you will read it.
benji2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 05:07 PM   #27
benji2b

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeOnyx View Post
If you order today, before 3:00 PM Eastern time, we can get that out to you via USPS Priority mail. It should arrive within 3 days. Please let me know if you'd like to do that.
I am an international buyer (France) and I ordered a M92 from your website on the 01/10/2012. My money was deducted from my account but there was no communication with you until today (except at the beginning for the card issuer phone number). I have paid but I don't know where is my M92...

Thanks for replying to this post when you will read it.
Old 10-19-2012, 02:34 AM   #28
stancho
stancho began at the beginning.

It, look like I'm not the only one waiting response from onyxboox.com, they are playing with us. I’m waiting month and half for any answer, despite my emails and calls. Eeehh well we maybe just has to accept the fact that we are never have what we spend money.
stancho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 09:18 AM   #29
benji2b

Quote:
Originally Posted by stancho View Post
It, look like I'm not the only one waiting response from onyxboox.com, they are playing with us. I’m waiting month and half for any answer, despite my emails and calls. Eeehh well we maybe just has to accept the fact that we are never have what we spend money.
Yes stancho, you're not the only one... I suppose they are not at the office... And the only thing we can do is to wait for a reply in the next days or weeks... If not, I will see with my bank or CC insurance for refunding the spent money. I hope it will be possible for a 400$ amount...

Good luck !
Old 10-19-2012, 04:23 PM   #30
chexmix
Zealot
chexmix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chexmix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chexmix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chexmix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chexmix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chexmix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chexmix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chexmix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chexmix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chexmix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chexmix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 (2014), Onyx Boox M96
Quote:
Originally Posted by benji2b View Post
Yes stancho, you're not the only one... I suppose they are not at the office... And the only thing we can do is to wait for a reply in the next days or weeks... If not, I will see with my bank or CC insurance for refunding the spent money. I hope it will be possible for a 400$ amount...

Good luck !
This is awful ... best of luck, both of you!
chexmix is offline   Reply With Quote