Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRiver Story

Notices

Old 08-06-2010, 12:53 PM   #1
njok
njok began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook 302,Iriver Story
Text Annotation

Hi!
Is there any plan ( firmware upgrade ) so that Story will support Text Annotation?
This would be great option.
njok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 12:02 AM   #2
greenapple
Evangelist
greenapple will become famous soon enoughgreenapple will become famous soon enoughgreenapple will become famous soon enoughgreenapple will become famous soon enoughgreenapple will become famous soon enoughgreenapple will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kindle DX, Kobo Aura HD
Annotation is not supported for now (or probably for ever).

Even if annotation is supported, I wouldn't use it, because typing anything on Story's keyboard is a slow and torturous process.
greenapple is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-07-2010, 03:10 AM   #3
njok
njok began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook 302,Iriver Story
I find typing quite OK.
Also linking memos to page or paragraph would be nice feature.
njok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 06:49 AM   #4
MacEachaidh
Browser
MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura HD
I agree with you njok, and the keyboard is right there. (On the other hand, this is one feature where almost all e.readers come up short, so iRiver's not alone on this.)

Unfortunately, iRiver doesn't seem to comment on what it might or might not be working on. (Most developers don't, so no surprises there, but it would be nice if they did.) But iRiver doesn't seem to be very info-generous as a rule.

Have you tried writing your suggestions to iRiver? I did, raising a couple of points where I felt the functions could definitely be improved, and unfortunately got a very non-committal reply saying in essence only "That's just how it works", but every bit of feedback helps build the incentive, surely.
MacEachaidh is offline   Reply With Quote