Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 10-10-2009, 04:26 AM   #1
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Free on Kindle - The Christmas Bus

The Christmas Bus, by Melody Carlson

Book Description
The people of Christmas Valley always celebrate Christmas to the fullest extent. The mayor plays Santa, every business is holiday themed, and there's a nativity for the kids each Christmas Eve. This town knows Christmas. But this year nothing goes according to plan. Shepherd's Inn is full of strangers, Mad Myrtle is causing problems, and a young couple with a baby due any minute rolls in to the middle of town in their Partridge Family-style bus. It's hardly the holiday Christmas Valley wanted--but it may be just what they need. This charming novella is sure to become a new Christmas tradition for readers who love a great holiday story.

From the Inside Flap
Amy skimmed the brochure. "It sounds like the town decided to capitalize on its name-Christmas Valley-and turned into a tourist town where everything is about Christmas." She looked out at the pine trees. "I guess it does look kind of Christmassy up here. Look, Collin! It's really snowing." Collin just muttered, "Uh-huh." He didn't know a lot about engines or mechanical things, but he knew they weren't going to make it over the mountain pass tonight. "Maybe we should check out this town," he said. "Could we?" she exclaimed. "Why not?" And so it was that a rather large and brightly painted bus rolled into the quiet little hamlet of Christmas Valley.
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 10:42 AM   #2
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Maybe not my kind of book, but I picked it up. (I don't like happiness or being happy. I like dead things - usally zombies - that creep, scuttle and crawl in the night, looking for a warm place to cast a mouldering arm. )

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-10-2009, 10:44 AM   #3
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
I just noticed this morning - this one is in topaz format, apparently, so is a Kindle only freebie, at least thru the Kindle store.
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 11:16 AM   #4
jinlo
aka coco jinlo
jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Just purchased Sony 505, but alas, it is for the wife
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
Maybe not my kind of book, but I picked it up. (I don't like happiness or being happy. I like dead things - usally zombies - that creep, scuttle and crawl in the night, looking for a warm place to cast a mouldering arm. )

Don
If you don't like being happy, and the book is about happiness, that means you wouldn't like the book. That being the case, the book will be good for you because it didn't make you happy, which you said you don't like. If anything, it is my guess that the book will make you unhappy because it's so happy. The more unhappy you are, the farther away you are from happiness, which might make you happy, so that might be a problem. Now, I don't know if you should read the book or not.

Maybe it would be better if you just looked for a book called The Zombie Bus.
jinlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 11:51 AM   #5
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinlo View Post
If you don't like being happy, and the book is about happiness, that means you wouldn't like the book. That being the case, the book will be good for you because it didn't make you happy, which you said you don't like. If anything, it is my guess that the book will make you unhappy because it's so happy. The more unhappy you are, the farther away you are from happiness, which might make you happy, so that might be a problem. Now, I don't know if you should read the book or not.

Maybe it would be better if you just looked for a book called The Zombie Bus.

I actually understood all that!

Don
Advert
Old 10-10-2009, 12:06 PM   #6
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by koland View Post
I just noticed this morning - this one is in topaz format, apparently, so is a Kindle only freebie, at least thru the Kindle store.
Free is the only way to 'buy' a Topaz book.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 02:24 PM   #7
Ransomed
Ransomed began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Hey - I just got the Kindle for a birthday gift. I'm happy to find some FREE books for it. I'm happy about my Kindle2 - this happy book may keep me that way. Thanks so muc for the tip.
Ransomed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 07:46 AM   #8
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ransomed View Post
Hey - I just got the Kindle for a birthday gift. I'm happy to find some FREE books for it. I'm happy about my Kindle2 - this happy book may keep me that way. Thanks so muc for the tip.
Welcome to MobileRead, Ransomed.

There are already quite a number of FREE ebooks from Amazon, with links posted on this Freebies Forum that you're reading right now and also on the Amazon section of MobileRead.

We also have a TON of free public domain and Creative Commons ebooks available for download here. Feel free to grab what you want and have some great reading time.

I have a Kindle 2, as well, in addition to other ebook Readers. I, too, am thoroughly happy with my Kindle 2.

HAVE FUN!

Don
(Moderator)