Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 09-01-2008, 01:07 PM   #1
mdbownds
mdbownds
mdbownds began at the beginning.

Device: Amazon Kindle
Joining site because my "Biology of Mind" book has just been posted here.

I now need to explore the whole ebook trip, am purchasing the Sony reader....
mdbownds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 01:13 PM   #2
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
How long have you been lurking? And you are just joining because you found ONE book you like? tsk tsk tsk............you have missed so much..........never mind, you're here now, and you'll never look back.......Welcome......
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-01-2008, 01:20 PM   #3
Sparrow
Wizard
Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm TX, CyBook Gen3
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
And you are just joining because you found ONE book you like?
Umm, I think they wrote the book that's been posted.

Nice to meet you mdbownds
Sparrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 04:23 PM   #4
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi mdbownds and welcome to the Forum
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 06:32 PM   #5
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrow View Post

Nice to meet you mdbownds
Oops. Sorry about that. Umm. Well.
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-01-2008, 07:16 PM   #6
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrow View Post
That does seem to be the case.

In any case, we're very glad you joined us, mdbownds.

We have several authors who frequent the forum, and they always seem to have an interesting on things that doesn't always occur to the rest of us.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 03:03 AM   #7
acidzebra
Liseuse Lover
acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505
Ha ha ha that is awesome - I made a convert
acidzebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 08:07 AM   #8
mdbownds
mdbownds

thanks for advice

my thanks to acidzebra for advice on readers. I filled in the reader blank with "Sony" on registering, just to put something there. After reading a bit about the options, I have ended up ordering the Amazon Kindle... hope it works out.
Old 09-05-2008, 11:47 AM   #9
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdbownds View Post
my thanks to acidzebra for advice on readers. I filled in the reader blank with "Sony" on registering, just to put something there. After reading a bit about the options, I have ended up ordering the Amazon Kindle... hope it works out.
Congrats... let us know how much you love it once you get it.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2008, 04:27 PM   #10
jda180
jda180 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505
Deric

Thanks very much for allowing your book to be posted - Having read Dan Dennett's "Conciousness Explained", I've downloaded and just started you work and am really looking forward to reading it.

It's a subject that's always fascinated me...

Yours

Jonathan
jda180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 10:54 AM   #11
mdbownds
mdbownds

The Amazon Kindle reader so far....

So far so good. It has a faster refresh rate than the Sony, which I found annoyingly slow. The wireless connection and downloads are seamless, and books are fairly cheap. They want $0.10 to email, or to massage a file you want to have formatted for the reader, the USB connection makes it appear as a normal disk device to the computer.

The main AWFUL design feature so far: the entire right and left side of the unit (i.e. where you want to hold it) are taken up with page forward or page back bars, so you can't pick it up without turning a page. Incredibly stupid.

They want you to pay for a New York Times subscription (which you can read free on the web).